2024 NFL Preseason

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
what teams are y'all supporting for this preseason?
Teams no, players yes. And this preseason has seen quite a few additions to the ranks of the "forbidden" positions.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't watch much of the Steelers game against Buffalo, but the DWFs and local media can't believe how bad the o-line was, especially last year's first round pick, LT Broderick Jones. Greg Rousseau of Buff repeatedly went around him effortlessly, a main reason Russell Wilson was sacked three times. The rest of the line was awful as well. Looks like they'll be leaning on second round pick Zach Frazier and fourth round pick Mason McCormick to help out as rookies if the line is to be any better than its usual terrible state, especially with center Nate Herbig, the only non-black starter, lost for much or all of the season.

Wilson is taking a lot of heat as well. "We thought he was going to be much better than Kenny Pickett but instead it was like the Pickett/Matt Canada combo was still here" summarizes the gist of it. Now instead of having dreams of a deep playoff run the new consensus is that they'll be the usual 9-8 and possibly much worse. Way too early to know how the regular season will go but it's enjoyable to see how quickly the hive mind can do about faces.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I didn't watch much of the Steelers game against Buffalo, but the DWFs and local media can't believe how bad the o-line was, especially last year's first round pick, LT Broderick Jones. Greg Rousseau of Buff repeatedly went around him effortlessly, a main reason Russell Wilson was sacked three times. The rest of the line was awful as well. Looks like they'll be leaning on second round pick Zach Frazier and fourth round pick Mason McCormick to help out as rookies if the line is to be any better than its usual terrible state, especially with center Nate Herbig, the only non-black starter, lost for much or all of the season.

Wilson is taking a lot of heat as well. "We thought he was going to be much better than Kenny Pickett but instead it was like the Pickett/Matt Canada combo was still here" summarizes the gist of it. Now instead of having dreams of a deep playoff run the new consensus is that they'll be the usual 9-8 and possibly much worse. Way too early to know how the regular season will go but it's enjoyable to see how quickly the hive mind can do about faces.

Lot's of DWFs pushing for Justin Fields too. I really don't think this season will go the way Steeler fans were hoping.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer

Local afternoon guy on the local sports channel summarized the Steelers with Wilson and Fields like this: "take all of your savings, get a loan, borrow money from friends. Go straight to your favorite online sports book and bet the "under" on the Steelers for 2024. This team is terrible and will be lucky to get 5 wins, let alone the 8.5 on the line!"

wile

Master
I take it the Steel Sieve in Pittsburgh has an all athletic OL with long arms?

Rocky B

Master
Side note, the Herbig brothers are half poly.....(Non black, as Don says correctly) I still root for them..They definitely had to take the over achiever route. As a western PA born and raised guy, I listen to the talk shows all of the time....Most fall under the DWF category.....

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Alec Pierce with 2 catches for 31 yards. Richardson with the pick 6...terribly thrown ball. Dat upside tho

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Alec Pierce with 2 catches for 31 yards. Richardson with the pick 6...terribly thrown ball. Dat upside tho

This is a huge game for him fighting for a roster spot. Despite his playing with the QB Richardson I still would prefer that he stays
with the Colts. Hope he can keep his health and regain that confidence & swagger he had in college!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs 3rd string african QB seem to hate Steele. Just threw an INT near the goal line as Steele was running wide open by the sideline and the drive before he tucked and ran it when he could of hit Steele out of the backfield for a 1st down.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carson Steele playing quite a bit in the first half, unfortunately so is a third or fourth string black QB on the KC roster. Steele had a nice kickoff return and has been wide open quite a bit when running routes but the QB keeps ignoring him. The Chiefs recovered a muffed punt and were down to the 3, instead of letting Thor run or catch the QB threw a terrible pick.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The KC play by play announcer like the rest of the members of the corporate media over the past three years, is extolling how "electric" Kadarious Toney is. This clown is constantly injured and when he isn't he's made numerous idiotic mistakes.

The "electric" Toney had a per catch average last year of 6.3 yards (27 for 169), simply awful, has to be one of the worst ever for a wide receiver. His NFL career average per catch is 9.3 yards. Yeah, just call him Mr. Electricity.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thor 32 yard TD run!!!!

Edit: Ruled out of bounds inside the 1, still a fantastic run by him

Second edit: Steele runs it in from the 1!

TwentyTwo

Master
Carson Steele a grown man run of a TD!!!

The previous play ; run of 18 yards was also impressive! 2 carries 49 yards!

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The KC play by play announcer like the rest over the past three years is extolling how "electric" Kadarious Toney is. This clown is constantly injured and when he isn't he's made numerous idiotic mistakes.

The "electric" Toney had a per catch average last year of 6.3 yards (27 for 169), simply awful, has to be one of the worst ever for a wide receiver. His NFL career average per catch is 9.3 yards. Yeah, just call him Mr. Electricity.

The announcers just seem to read off a script don't they? No mention of his on the field production (or lack thereof). It's all magical upside with black players.

Snow Plow

Mentor
This guy just said, F you all, I’m not staying in college, I am going to go undrafted and sign with the league’s top team, make the team, and then work my way into the starting lineup.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This guy just said, F you all, I’m not staying in college, I am going to go undrafted and sign with the league’s top team, make the team, and then work my way into the starting lineup.

Yet the article today stated that Steele wasn't capable of any 40 yard plus runs! Lame Stream Media lieing all day long.