2024 NFL Preseason

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
In the Seahawks vs Chargers game, Sam Howell debuted well. Hopefully he overtakes Geno Smiff at some point and becomes the long term answer at QB. In this games, both leading tacklers were White. Army alum Jon Ratigan, who always produces when called upon, for Seattle. For the Chargers, Nick Niemann is always a beast and another great Iowa player. 12 total tackles, a sack and other disruptive stats. Yet when I check the depth chart he’s behind someone named ‘Daiyan Henley’. Who?

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
What does everyone think of this new kick off rule? Seems like another way to make the NFL even softer.

Anyways curious to see how Bo Nix plays today.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Safety Brady Breeze the leading tackler with a sack for the brown Browns.

Tennessee linebacker Chance Campbell is very good. Leads the team with 9 total tackles, a sack and an interception.

The Bucs have 4 White receivers all competing for a spot. Ryan Miller (Furman) lead all receivers and had some tackles. Tanner Knue (E Michigan) with some catches and returned punts and kickoffs. Cody Thompson (Toledo) is the veteran of the bunch and had 3 catches. Raleigh Webb (The Citadel) with a catch and has had a cup of coffee with the Ravens and Pats.

Nice to hear Brady Breeze is still in the league but certainly not in a good situation in Cleveland.

I noticed Andrew Peasely came in after Idler Arm for the Jets yesterday. Looks like he played well considering the route he took to the NFL. Unfortunately, the Jets QB depth chart has one of the biggest recruiting busts of all time in Adrian Martinez along with the black game manager Jordan Travis on the roster. One to root for though.

NFL pushing it's voter registration propaganda to do it's part to push the uniparty platform.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Really nice scoring drive led by Bo Nix. He seems light on his feet, moves around really well in the pocket and keeps his eyes downfield.

northwinds

Mentor
Nice catch and run by the Broncos’ David Sills…….didnt even know he was still in the league. I guess another year of practice squads and the he will probably throw in the towel……and another catch near the goal line

chris371

Mentor
What does everyone think of this new kick off rule? Seems like another way to make the NFL even softer.

I think it looks like a joke gimmicky and corny. Kick off was exciting at least, this looks childish.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Zach Wilson with a nice drive today. Mac Jones performed well last night. Two guys that I hope get 2nd chances as starters. Sam Ehlinger has never been given a fair shot at a starting gig either.

They needed to make some kind of change to the kickoff rules but the new ones are just about as retarded. XFL already had it in place and if they watched that league at all they'd know it resulted in a very predictable and stagnant return game. Almost no opportunity to break past the front line let alone take one back, plus to your point it reminds me of the sarcastaball kick off from South Park for anyone who's seen that.

The Hock

Master
I’ve watched a bunch. No big running back moments until Carson Steele comes in midway through the second quarter as the lone back. He ripped a highlight worthy 20 yard run and capped the drive with a tough one yard TD. Dispite the fact he was a tailback all of his life and lined up as the only back, the crappy Jag announcers mentioned him as the fullback 300 times.
A fullback lines up in front of a halfback usually. A lone back who plays the entire drive isn’t a fullback. Yes, they listed him in a depth chart as fullback recently, it just burns my a$$.
I bought a football mag. Cast heavy but was complimentary to Taysom Hill, noting his production. Then said he'll see more action "as the team begins using more fullback related plays."

El Gringo

Mentor
Nice catch and run by the Broncos’ David Sills…….didnt even know he was still in the league. I guess another year of practice squads and the he will probably throw in the towel……and another catch near the goal line
Great news! I forgot about him as well. The guy looked like Randy Moss playing at West Virginia, but somehow can’t make a team.

El Gringo

Mentor
I saw that Rocky B. Unfortunately, no matter how well Steele does, he'll probably get the Ryan Nall treatment. I hope I'm wrong. Steele like Nall could easily be a RB in the NFL.

It is very frustrating! As we all know, Nall the led preseason and rushing two years in a row, but is out of the league and never got a real chance in the regular season. Hopefully Steele can make the practice squad at least and hope for a Hillis type situation to develop. It sucks to say it, but he should cut that blonde hair off and do Eric Weddle blackout on his uniform.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I also saw Michael Bandy on the field for Denver. If Sean Payton keeps a White receiver then we'll know he's truly changed from his New Orleans days, though I doubt either will make the team. But the Broncos do look like a team to root for this season.

The Colts were playing WR Ethan Fernea some. I wasn't familiar with him, he went to UCLA and was on Indy's practice squad last season.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Stetson Bennett will be starting for the Rams in their game against the Cowboys, which starts at 4:30 EST. The great Trey Lance gets the start for the Cowboys.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Stetson Bennett will be starting for the Rams in their game against the Cowboys, which starts at 4:30 EST. The great Trey Lance gets the start for the Cowboys.
Tough game for Bennett. 4 INTs. Lance still stinks though! No carries for Leupke. Cowboys are one of the blackest teams in the league.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bennett bounced back and led the game winning drive. I realize it's preseason but getting the experience and playing time should help Bennett out. It is comical that Lance threw 41 times for 188 yds with a 4.6 avg and was not able to put the pull into the end zone while facing the 2nd/3rd teams. Lance not getting talked about as one of the all time busts at this point is absurd.

BSPN is labeling Bo Nix's debut as "efficient". Zach Wilson performed well too. Payton is at least playing the role of QB guru to three young White QBs in Denver.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Bennett bounced back and led the game winning drive. I realize it's preseason but getting the experience and playing time should help Bennett out. It is comical that Lance threw 41 times for 188 yds with a 4.6 avg and was not able to put the pull into the end zone while facing the 2nd/3rd teams. Lance not getting talked about as one of the all time busts at this point is absurd.

BSPN is labeling Bo Nix's debut as "efficient". Zach Wilson performed well too. Payton is at least playing the role of QB guru to three young White QBs in Denver.
That's some extreme dinking and dunking right there! I guess Lance can make a career out of being a game managing backup who can run a little. Look at how that worked for Tire Rod Taylor, who gets contract after contract.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Out of all the rookie QBs, JJ McCarthy clearly had the best debut but I barely heard a peep compared to Williams and Daniels....

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Out of all the rookie QBs, JJ McCarthy clearly had the best debut but I barely heard a peep compared to Williams and Daniels....
Bo Nix was solid as well, but agree that McCarthy had the best debut and he like Nix landed with an organization where he should thrive. Drake Maye on the other hand is in a bad spot with the "new" Patriots.

1723493936288.png

Lukas Van Ness looks to be an elite superhero DE this season. The Packers have him as a backup to P. Smith last year as a rookie. He had a higher pressure rate and sack percentage than Smith. They need to make him the starter as he can easily get over 12 sacks in his second season. He's like a TJ Qatt on Roids:

6'5" 280 lbs (gained some muscle in the offseason). 4.5 40 time 10 yd split 1.57 seconds and a 7.0 3 cone drill. That's all uper 91-97 percentile.

TJ had a major jump in his second year. GB changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 so I'd put money on this guy dominating this season if GB gives him the starting position.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
View attachment 4593

Lukas Van Ness looks to be an elite superhero DE this season. The Packers have him as a backup to P. Smith last year as a rookie. He had a higher pressure rate and sack percentage than Smith. They need to make him the starter as he can easily get over 12 sacks in his second season. He's like a TJ Qatt on Roids:

6'5" 280 lbs (gained some muscle in the offseason). 4.5 40 time 10 yd split 1.57 seconds and a 7.0 3 cone drill. That's all uper 91-97 percentile.

TJ had a major jump in his second year. GB changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 so I'd put money on this guy dominating this season if GB gives him the starting position.
Welcome Buckythebadger! @Bucky, you guys pals? ;)

Van Ness sure looks like he dominated in the first preseason game. 3 tackles that all went for losses, a sack and 2 QB hits. I didn't look it up but that was certainly in limited snaps. Looking forward to see him grab a starting spot, as soon as possible.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Van Ness has been flying under the radar, even here on CF. Given how unlikeable the Packers have become it would be great to see him become a star. That's assuming they don't make him serve a racial apprenticeship this year as OurLads currently still lists him as Smith's backup. Smith is an average end and is now 31, time to let the first round pick play.

Welcome Buckythebadger! @Bucky, you guys pals? ;)

Van Ness sure looks like he dominated in the first preseason game. 3 tackles that all went for losses, a sack and 2 QB hits. I didn't look it up but that was certainly in limited snaps. Looking forward to see him grab a starting spot, as soon as possible.
Thanks and Qe could be best friends.

He should've had a second sack but the QB bounced off LVN and magically kept his footing but another player sacked him.

Hopefully under the new DC GB is actually going to play the best players and not the highest paid players like they used to. Smith is always healthy even as the oldest guy on the team at 31 years old.

Yeah, Van Ness has been flying under the radar, even here on CF. Given how unlikeable the Packers have become it would be great to see him become a star. That's assuming they don't make him serve a racial apprenticeship this year as OurLads currently still lists him as Smith's backup. Smith is an average end and is now 31, time to let the first round pick play.

The Pack did the Same with Rashan Gary a former first rounder that sat on the bench for his first 1.5 seasons behind the Smith brothers. I think LVN is on that same track as Rashan but even more athletic and bigger than Rashan which is not something I thought would be possible as Rashan is a freak.

Hoq did the Packers become unlikeable? I know Rodgers had the media hate on him for the last several years to change people's opinions but for the most part the Packers don't have cheating scandals, loud mouth hot heads, They don't get the refs due to Rodgers being gone and the media doesn't hype them up like Dal, and many other teams. I just can't logically see how GB has become unlikable especially if you actually go to the games their fans are very nice and feed the opponents fans for free.

I agree with Smith, he had 74 last year PFF which is a solid starter but again he's on the decline making nearly 20 mil a year. I'd trade him for draft picks. The one thing I like about Smith is on the most important downs in a big game in the clutch he comes through with a sack or pressure every time without fail. He saves his best for the most important games and moments. He could be worth keeping as a backup for at least this season to help them on a SB run this season.