2024 NFL Preseason

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t believe the upsiders couldn’t tackle him.
With the Chiefs' starting o-line blocking for him, Steele could have himself quite a season if the coaching staff dares to let him loose.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
The pessimist in me still believes Matt Nagy will find a way to justify putting Steele on the practice squad to begin the year, but the amount of positive press he's generated is undeniable.

Rocky B

Master
The pessimist in me still believes Matt Nagy will find a way to justify putting Steele on the practice squad to begin the year, but the amount of positive press he's generated is undeniable.
Thankfully he isn’t the boss....Carson is on the team. What role will he play?
We’ll see. The Steele runs were awesome. Remembering Nall’s 69 yard runs in back to back pre seasons are heart breaking. There’s the Nagy effect.

Warhawk_46

Master
With the Chiefs' starting o-line blocking for him, Steele could have himself quite a season if the coaching staff dares to let him loose.
All the talent in the world to be a star!

Just not enough pigment for the racist NFL.

TwentyTwo

Master
WR Kyle Sheets from D2 Slippery Rock with the nice TD catch! One foot one elbow in-bounds!
BS! Review says no TD

Warhawk_46

Master
I'd encourage anyone who has a Facebook to jump into the comments. Top one seems to be one of us, but the responses are hilarious, mentioning that Steele will make the roster as a FB thinking they're refuting him without realizing they're actually bolstering his point.
I’m flooding the comment board right now. You can probably pick me out by how I respond to the asinine notion he is a fullback.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The announcers just seem to read off a script don't they? No mention of his on the field production (or lack thereof). It's all magical upside with black players.
With first-round pick Toney there is all of that mouth-watering upside. And with his physical tools he should be a good wideout. His problem which will never be remedied is right between his ears. Not to worry, if the Chiefs release him he will instantly be picked up by another club.
And so on and so on.

El Gringo

Mentor
I was definitely wrong about Steele needing to cut his long flowing blonde hair. Turns out the DWF’s are digging the Thor look.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Seems like Steele should be a roster lock after his great preseason. The media I’ve seen basically acknowledging it. Now I’m hoping Schrader has a big 3rd game. He’s in a crowded backfield and hasn’t stood out with a big run or 2 yet. We know he’s capable but hasn’t shown it yet.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Schrader needs much better play by the team's offensive linemen, presumably the backups again. He's been running into a wall every carry from the runs I've seen.

Warhawk_46

Master
Hoping Cody has a little bit of running room in the last preseason game.

On another note: San Fran’s unwillingness to address the mediocre line is frustrating.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The 49ers haven't looked very good at all this preseason. I do hope Schrader has a solid game tonight, I still think he has a chance to make the team.

The Bucs are actually entertaining to watch, Trask feeding Cody Thompson the ball and former Furman WR Ryan Miller just hauled in a TD pass.

jacque

Guru
Ethan Bonner playing good tonite. Good open field tackle and forced 2 incompletions, hasn’t given up a catch

icsept

Master
Laube with three nice runs, but loses a fumble. That’s a killer for a White RB.

Matt Millen is doing the broadcast, introducing the audience to Dylan Laube: “a do everything back for New Hampshire. He’s faster than you think.” Nobody was thinking that but you, Matt. That’s why you’re universally known as the worst GM in NFL history.

Warhawk_46

Master
Looks like Cody is 5th string now. Not a good sign that Mason, Guerrendo and Taylor all get playing time before him.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Looks like Cody is 5th string now. Not a good sign that Mason, Guerrendo and Taylor all get playing time before him.
They played Breida and Cody last week. This week they are playing Mason, Taylor, and Guerrendo. So just giving everyone a chance to play.
That said, all of them have looked pretty decent, so we'll just have to wait and see what the coaches decide about Schrader.

Booth

Mentor
I notice that the 49ers have a black punter now, the Steelers ex-punter Harvin.

From what I'm reading, Schrader is likely headed to the PS or getting cut. Sounds like Laube will make the roster, but mostly as a WSTD. Steele is a lock.

sprintstar

Master
Steele's straight arm on dat upside DB #30 is rocking! It's like he swatted away a fly lol. For such a beast of a man Steele is quite fast, nimble and cuts very well...