2024 NFL Preseason

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Plumlee getting reps as 3rd string QB. Rather see him at a skill position but hey good to see him out there at the position he wants to play!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Plumlee getting reps as 3rd string QB. Rather see him at a skill position but hey good to see him out there at the position he wants to play!
If Plumlee makes the team it'll most likely be as a WSTD and maybe as a kick returner. Hoping he at least makes the practice squad rather than being cut outright as he'd have to beat out Allen to stick as a QB and that's highly unlikely.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Laube with three nice runs, but loses a fumble. That’s a killer for a White RB.

Matt Millen is doing the broadcast, introducing the audience to Dylan Laube: “a do everything back for New Hampshire. He’s faster than you think.” Nobody was thinking that but you, Matt. That’s why you’re universally known as the worst GM in NFL history.
He was one of the worst announcers, too, back when there was a lot more Caste Clowns doing color than there are today. He never saw a White football player he couldn't make a negative stereotype about.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
If Plumlee makes the team it'll most likely be as a WSTD and maybe as a kick returner. Hoping he at least makes the practice squad rather than being cut outright as he'd have to beat out Allen to stick as a QB and that's highly unlikely.
Gotcha so he was out there as 4th guy. Pittsburgh is odious at most positions but Plumlee is a real bright spot for them. Hoping to see him on PS as well.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The Blackers don’t give Whites many opportunities anymore. However, their defensive standout today was Kristian Welch. Another great Iowa alum who had a team leading 6 tackles, 2 passes defensed and an interception. Should make the team as a reserve me thinks.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yeah he is a Swiss Army Knife!

He injured his knee last season at UCF : played with big ole awkward looking knee brace the back half of the season.
Not sure if he regained his pre-injury form?

Early in his career at Ole Miss he was timed at 4.35 - 4.38
Check out his 4 TD Runs (212 yards rushing) vs. National Champ LSU back in 2019! As a FRESHMAN! Also played Baseball CF
He was moved to WR under Lane Kiffin (Matt Corral QB) ...prompted him to transfer

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Gotcha so he was out there as 4th guy. Pittsburgh is odious at most positions but Plumlee is a real bright spot for them. Hoping to see him on PS as well.
Seems like a possible Taysom Hill role based on him playing QB and returning kickoffs and punts. Not bad. Definitely think he’ll be a PS guy but holding out hope he sticks as the 4th string who’s used on gadget plays. Not sure if Tomlin is creative enough….

On the defensive side, White men were causing havoc. Herbig and Julius Welschof (Charlotte alum) with 2 sacks each!

Edit to add: For the opposition, Ty Summers was the defensive standout for Detroit. Team leading 9 tackles (2 for losses), 1.5 sacks and 2 QB hits. Shows this guy is more than a WSTD but that’s all he’s been allowed to play in his NFL career…..

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Trey Lance had 5 ints, 2 fumbles with 1 lost today. He is on the verge of being an all time bust.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah he is a Swiss Army Knife!

He injured his knee last season at UCF : played with big ole awkward looking knee brace the back half of the season.
Not sure if he regained his pre-injury form?

Early in his career at Ole Miss he was timed at 4.35 - 4.38
Check out his 4 TD Runs (212 yards rushing) vs. National Champ LSU back in 2019! As a FRESHMAN! Also played Baseball CF
He was moved to WR under Lane Kiffin (Matt Corral QB) ...prompted him to transfer
So impressive, watching it I thought of Matt Jones and what a fantastic running QB he was.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like a possible Taysom Hill role based on him playing QB and returning kickoffs and punts. Not bad. Definitely think he’ll be a PS guy but holding out hope he sticks as the 4th string who’s used on gadget plays. Not sure if Tomlin is creative enough….

On the defensive side, White men were causing havoc. Herbig and Julius Welschof (Charlotte alum) with 2 sacks each!

Edit to add: For the opposition, Ty Summers was the defensive standout for Detroit. Team leading 9 tackles (2 for losses), 1.5 sacks and 2 QB hits. Shows this guy is more than a WSTD but that’s all he’s been allowed to play in his NFL career…..
Herbig has been unstoppable, basically T. J. Watt Jr., and he's learning from T. J. and modeling his game after him. And Herbig was very impressive as a rookie last year in limited use.

The Steelers have Alex Highsmith starting opposite Watt and he's admittedly very good but not great, while Herbig is starting to look like he can be great. Will be interesting to see how many snaps he sees once the season starts.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Blackers don’t give Whites many opportunities anymore. However, their defensive standout today was Kristian Welch. Another great Iowa alum who had a team leading 6 tackles, 2 passes defensed and an interception. Should make the team as a reserve me thinks.

Rooting heavily for the Packers to fail this year. Welch is certainly talented enough to make the roster. He's the only White LB on the Packers currently. Amazing what Gutencuck did to this team.

I do see that Michael Pratt played well, curious to see if he will stick as the 2nd QB. I liked him a lot in college and he deserved to be drafted much earlier. I've seen enough out of Clifford dating back to his PSU career to know he is inconsistent, would rather see Pratt make the team if I had to choose.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

The Steelers QB position does not seem to have worked out like the organization and Steelers DWFs wanted it to. None of the top two QBs seem to have really inspired confidence - Wilson looks older and slower, Fields exhibits the same erratic play he did in Chicago. Kyle Allen might end up playing the Mason Rudolph role this year.

Plumlee is certainly capable of being an offensive weapon, I don't think he is a QB but I'd argue he has Taysom Hill like potential as a WR, RB and part time QB.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Steelers QB position does not seem to have worked out like the organization and Steelers DWFs wanted it to. None of the top two QBs seem to have really inspired confidence - Wilson looks older and slower, Fields exhibits the same erratic play he did in Chicago. Kyle Allen might end up playing the Mason Rudolph role this year.

Plumlee is certainly capable of being an offensive weapon, I don't think he is a QB but I'd argue he has Taysom Hill like potential as a WR, RB and part time QB.

I've said since college that Plumlee should be a rb2 or a wide receiver. Yes he can do special teams with kickoff & punt returns but that to
me is such a waste of ELITE TALENT. The guy runs like he was shot out of a cannon! Put him all over the field but play him alot if they want
to see some exciting plays.

It's funny. Speed only matters to the league when it's black speed. White speedsters are ignored for decades!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Looking at the boxscore for the local coal fest (Jets vs Giants), it appeared to be a real snoozer. Both clubs are oppressively black (flipping a Marxist term there). One of the few White men allowed an opportunity, was to no surprise fantastic. DE / Edge Braiden McGregor had 4 tackles (1 for a loss), 2 sacks and 3 QB pressures for the Jets. It’s criminal that this standout from the National Champions went undrafted. If the Jets are wise, they found a steal for their already solid defense. However they usually aren’t so maybe they’ll cut him and he can land with a much better squad.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cooper DeJean had 5 tackles, 3 solo against the Vikings. Didn't watch the game and don't know how long he played but if it was a half or so that's quite the NFL debut.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Zach Wilson playing well for the Broncos. Amazing what some actual coaching and playcalling can do isn't it?

northwinds

Mentor
JJ Lapp waived by the Rams…….i guess that 60 yard TD catch from Stetson wasn’t impressive enough..

jacque

Guru
Last pre season game in action right now. Already dreading the annual white purge thread, the bleakest day on cast football

icsept

Master
ESPN just ran down their top 10 plays from the NFL preseason. Carson Steele’s run was number 7, complete with Ryan Clark’s commentary “that’s a classic fullback run.” Make sure to keep Whitey in his place, even though he’s never been a fullback in his life.