2024 NFL Preseason

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve watched a bunch. No big running back moments until Carson Steele comes in midway through the second quarter as the lone back. He ripped a highlight worthy 20 yard run and capped the drive with a tough one yard TD. Dispite the fact he was a tailback all of his life and lined up as the only back, the crappy Jag announcers mentioned him as the fullback 300 times.
A fullback lines up in front of a halfback usually. A lone back who plays the entire drive isn’t a fullback. Yes, they listed him in a depth chart as fullback recently, it just burns my a$$.
I just watched the "Carson Steele drive" and he really looked dynamic. It's disgusting how the entire hive mind instantly calls him a "fullback" after Andy Reid was asked a question about it, and Reid mentioned how Steele can run and catch well; he didn't definitively classify him as a fullback as that position is understood these days.

The concept of a power back when it applies to a White RB seems to have been completely extinguished from the collective hive mind no matter their individual age, replaced by the image of a big, strong, slow and not very athletic White man selflessly blocking for Black running backs.

It was just a meaningless preseason game but it's clear Steele can be an effective running back in the NFL. The only question, as always, is will he get a fair opportunity to be one.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just watched the "Carson Steele drive" and he really looked dynamic. It's disgusting how the entire hive mind instantly calls him a "fullback" after Andy Reid was asked a question about it, and Reid mentioned how Steele can run and catch well; he didn't definitively classify him as a fullback as that position is understood these days.

The concept of a power back when it applies to a White RB seems to have been completely extinguished from the collective hive mind no matter their individual age, replaced by the image of a big, strong, slow and not very athletic White man selflessly blocking for Black running backs.

It was just a meaningless preseason game but it's clear Steele can be an effective running back in the NFL. The only question, as always, is will he get a fair opportunity to be one.

A funny thing about the preseason is that the notable performances by White athletes are minimized or ignored while every single performance by a black is praised, hyped up and the player is viewed as the second coming.

Rocky B

Master
A funny thing about the preseason is that the notable performances by White athletes are minimized or ignored while every single performance by a black is praised, hyped up and the player is viewed as the second coming
Results are heightened/dampened depending on the entry of the player. Seeing him come in as the feature back so early was the key, for sure. You’d think by the looks of many a depth chart and his non drafted status, that he’d be a fourth quarter mop up guy. Not Saturday. Good for Steele.

Warhawk_46

Master
The Pack did the Same with Rashan Gary a former first rounder that sat on the bench for his first 1.5 seasons behind the Smith brothers. I think LVN is on that same track as Rashan but even more athletic and bigger than Rashan which is not something I thought would be possible as Rashan is a freak.

Hoq did the Packers become unlikeable? I know Rodgers had the media hate on him for the last several years to change people's opinions but for the most part the Packers don't have cheating scandals, loud mouth hot heads, They don't get the refs due to Rodgers being gone and the media doesn't hype them up like Dal, and many other teams. I just can't logically see how GB has become unlikable especially if you actually go to the games their fans are very nice and feed the opponents fans for free.

I agree with Smith, he had 74 last year PFF which is a solid starter but again he's on the decline making nearly 20 mil a year. I'd trade him for draft picks. The one thing I like about Smith is on the most important downs in a big game in the clutch he comes through with a sack or pressure every time without fail. He saves his best for the most important games and moments. He could be worth keeping as a backup for at least this season to help them on a SB run this season.
As a fellow Wisconsinite, the Packers became odious when they forced out or underplayed Matthews, Hawk, Jake Ryan, Martinez, Nelson, Kumerow, Janis, Abbredaris, Ripkowski, Korey Hall, Ty Summers, Dean Olsen and on and on and on.

Much of this coincided with Gunta-cunt and the new blm regime.

Signed,
Former fan who used to really enjoy the Packers to someone who actively roots against them for their blatant anti-whiteism.

Warhawk_46

Master

He won’t. As I’ve and many others have said prior, simply by virtue of his punishing running style he will not be given a chance. The same way Nall, Horvath and Luepke didn’t or won’t.

These types of strong alphas emasculate weak black defenders and this cannot be allowed to be seen by the DWFs.

Racial pride as in knowing whites are strong and better cannot be allowed to seep into the masses consciousness.

northwinds

Mentor
Shipley playing now for the Eagles. Nice catch for 8 yards, followed by a hard run to pick up the first down……then a 15-20 yard catch and run. Looking good!

Rocky B

Master
Eagles vs Pats.....NFL network.
Shipley came in at the end of the first quarter. Gainwell started, Saquan sitting/resting. Shipley has had one carry for minus one yard.
Just had his second carry that was up the gut and positive. A couple short passes. Picket starting. No hum game so far. Ship just had a nice 19 yard catch and run off of a dump pass......Go Ship....Go Kenny...

Snow Plow

Mentor
Eagles vs Pats.....NFL network.
Shipley came in at the end of the first quarter. Gainwell started, Saquan sitting/resting. Shipley has had one carry for minus one yard.
Just had his second carry that was up the gut and positive. A couple short passes. Picket starting. No hum game so far. Ship just had a nice 19 yard catch and run off of a dump pass......Go Ship....Go Kenny...
Drake Maye scores on a one yard keeper. Shipley has 15 yards rushing and 31 yards receiving now.

Cooper DeJean was activated from the non-football injury list, but I didn’t believe played tonight.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Just tuned into the game with a couple of minutes left in the 4th quarter. First play I saw was rookie WR David Wallis muffing a punt. I'll be surprised if he's not cut 5 minutes after the end of the game. No room for error if you're a cracka.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Actually there was 12 minutes to go, still the observation is accurate. Tanner McKee for the Eagles, who is listed as the 3rd QB on the depth chart ahead of Will Grier put together a really nice touchdown drive to put the Eagles up, including a nice pass for the 2 point conversion.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The two series where I have seen Joe Milton III in, he's look ghastly. Must have that upside though.

jacque

Guru
Just tuned into the game with a couple of minutes left in the 4th quarter. First play I saw was rookie WR David Wallis muffing a punt. I'll be surprised if he's not cut 5 minutes after the end of the game. No room for error if you're a cracka.
He had some good kick returns though and a couple catches hopefully that negates it

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
lol! Pats get the ball back with a little over 2 minutes to go, the announcers are all giddy with the prospect of Milton leading a comeback drive. Out comes Bailey Zappe. The disappointment level was amazing!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
He had some good kick returns though and a couple catches hopefully that negates it
Hopefully. He was out there for the last return and made a clean fair catch on a hooking punt. He's also been in for the offense, not that Milton could get him the ball.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Maye had one perfect deep ball early in the 1st half dropped by his upside teammate.

Tanner McKee looks pretty good as well. I hope he gets a starting shot at some point.

Pickett was solid, o-line allowed a lot of pressure.

That Wallis kid had a real nice kick return and a reception that I saw.

wile

Master
Bill Shroeder brought some dynamic ability to the return game for the Packers but he was loose with the ball. So one great return he fumbled and Walrus the Virtuous aka Holmgren had a meltdown on poor Bill, right then and there I knew Holmgren was a caste POS because he never said boo to a black player that I remember. So yeah I'm afraid FootballDad might be correct because Holmgren amplified the caste system in his days.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Bill Shroeder brought some dynamic ability to the return game for the Packers but he was loose with the ball. So one great return he fumbled and Walrus the Virtuous aka Holmgren had a meltdown on poor Bill, right then and there I knew Holmgren was a caste POS because he never said boo to a black player that I remember. So yeah I'm afraid FootballDad might be correct because Holmgren amplified the caste system in his days.
Yeah, although Wallis was out there quite a bit in the game and is getting opportunities I have seen countless times where players, especially "fringe" white players are immediately shown the door after something like that. Getting back on the ball mighted have saved his bacon!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The hate that Kenny Pickett continues to receive is absurd. Eagles fans want Pickett cut and McKee to be given the 2nd team job. Last year I believe @Freethinker pointed out how well McKee was playing last season. McKee also played well last night and honestly he should be a QB other teams inquire about as he has potential to be a long term starter. Fact is the Eagles have three White QBs that should at least be number 2 QBs on most teams with two of them potential starters for other franchises. Pickett is probably the most screwed over White QB since Mayfield.

I don't like Jalen Hurts and think he played a role in the Wentz departure from the Eagles. People think he is better than he actually is but he did get exposed down the stretch last year. I do hope the Eagles collapse at the end of last season continues with him at the helm.

QBs like Tanner McKee, Davis Mills, Mike White, Sam Ehlinger all should be viewed as assets but they are now third string QBs while teams like the Ravens, Jets, Browns, Lions have mediocre blacks occupying roster spots. Another fine example of the caste system slowly squeezing White's out of the position.

wile

Master
What do you gents think of the new kickoff rules? I ask because I refuse to watch preseason football and can barely turn it on till it turns cooler.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
What do you gents think of the new kickoff rules? I ask because I refuse to watch preseason football and can barely turn it on till it turns cooler.
It's not any better/worse than the old kickoff rules. Last year like 86% just sailed into or out of the back of the end zone for a touchback, :sleeping:
So at least the new rules have a good chance of a return more often. Right now the games I've seen, coordinators, officials and players are still trying to figure it out. Of course the Chiefs still have Mecole Hardman on the roster who figured out how to get a safety on one of the kickoffs.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The hate that Kenny Pickett continues to receive is absurd. Eagles fans want Pickett cut and McKee to be given the 2nd team job. Last year I believe @Freethinker pointed out how well McKee was playing last season. McKee also played well last night and honestly he should be a QB other teams inquire about as he has potential to be a long term starter. Fact is the Eagles have three White QBs that should at least be number 2 QBs on most teams with two of them potential starters for other franchises. Pickett is probably the most screwed over White QB since Mayfield.

I don't like Jalen Hurts and think he played a role in the Wentz departure from the Eagles. People think he is better than he actually is but he did get exposed down the stretch last year. I do hope the Eagles collapse at the end of last season continues with him at the helm.

QBs like Tanner McKee, Davis Mills, Mike White, Sam Ehlinger all should be viewed as assets but they are now third string QBs while teams like the Ravens, Jets, Browns, Lions have mediocre blacks occupying roster spots. Another fine example of the caste system slowly squeezing White's out of the position.
Haha, I can’t remember if I did but I’ll take credit. From what I’ve seen, the quality from Hurts to McKee doesn’t seem like much of a drop off. Now the Eagles are stacking Whiteys who should be competing for starting roles. A frustrating situation.

It's not any better/worse than the old kickoff rules. Last year like 86% just sailed into or out of the back of the end zone for a touchback, :sleeping:
So at least the new rules have a good chance of a return more often. Right now the games I've seen, coordinators, officials and players are still trying to figure it out. Of course the Chiefs still have Mecole Hardman on the roster who figured out how to get a safety on one of the kickoffs.
I'm thinking teams will soon start to boot it out of the endzone and take the 30. Seems like the average return is right around there anyway, and you eliminate the risks of bigger returns. They might need to move it to the 35 or move back the line of scrimmage.

wile

Master
Last year kickoffs still counted to bathroom and beer refresh time. I give them credit for trying something new like NASCAR has done to make races more interesting.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Steele played with Mahomes and the starters on the second drive and with Wentz and mainly starters on the third drive.

He was 3-8 rushing but lost 9 on a pass play, although he had no chance in the play.

He just had a 6 yard catch after replacing Prince.