2024 College Football Week 1

TwentyTwo

Master
TCU’s Jack Beck with 6 catches for 139 yards and the go ahead TD with 3 minutes left..
Happy for him! Battled injury bug + transfer to new school trying experiment at dang TE (he is not!) ; didn't include him in 2024 WR Thread ; but i did have Bech in 2022 WR thread.
He can be a big timer as he's proving tonight! Strong physical looking WR at 6'-2" 215

John Paul Richardson a nice game too 6 - 107!

Josh Hoover 353 yards passing

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Happy for him! Battled injury bug + transfer to new school trying experiment at dang TE (he is not!) ; didn't include him in 2024 WR Thread ; but i did have Bech in 2022 WR thread.
He can be a big timer as he's proving tonight! Strong physical looking WR at 6'-2" 215
The name Bech always rings a bell with me, and a quick search reveals Jack is the nephew of Brett Bech who was an outstanding receiver for LSU in the early to mid-1990s. My lasting memory is that he had great hands reminiscent of Mike Hass.

I hope if Jack has NFL aspirations he has an easier road than Brett. From an article on NOLA.com:

"Brett Bech had made a life out of catching on.

"The former three-sport star at Slidell High School (football, baseball and soccer) was a walk-on for the LSU football program and was the school’s leading wide receiver for two of his seasons — a bright light in some of the program's darkest hours.

"Despite the success, Bech went undrafted
in 1995, but he latched on to the Mike Ditka-led New Orleans Saints from 1997-1999."

Brett's NFL career consisted of 21 receptions, 14 of them in 1998. LSU was one of my favorite teams to watch back then because they always seemed to have a good White receiver or two.

Another who played before him was Sammy Martin, who was lightning fast and was drafted by the Patriots in the 4th round but like Bech was barely used, having a career total of 26 catches over four NFL seasons while also serving as New England's main kick returner.

Todd Kinchen was another, similarly screwed by the NFL in the '90s even after being drafted by the Rams in the third round.

wile

Master
I don't doubt that in the least. I've never watched him before. I simply made an observation that in the first half, he looked good. I wasn't making any judgment on what the NFL will or should do with him. He threw for 250 yards, escaped pressure and made some nice plays, nothing more, just that like his NDSU counterpart he had a good half. I just don't get how much the obsession with black QBs seems to get into the heads of some posters here. Black Quarterback Derangement Syndrome. Disparaging all of them ritually isn't going to make the agenda go away, serious analysis and observation, just as we do with everything else, is more effective.
I call it "niggerkikingspiccing" it is the one outlet allowed to the "Hard Right" (best name I could come up with) one it allows a person a mental health release and two it allows everyone else to tut tut us and proceed with the usual liberalism. It appears this is easier than being for ourselves which frankly has rather strong taboos to break.

Edit; Anyone could go on Coach Sanders and ask him on his no doubt large social media presence if he would treat white players fairly or what he thinks of White players in general. But that would require breaking taboos which the psyop has inflicted us with and what the ego maniac right wing intellectuals will swear never works because they have such high IQs and are so tough. FTR I would bet Sanders the coach is not the worst racial bigot in this country, hell Marge Shott flat out called him her favorite N and he laughed it off when he did not need to if I remember right.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer

John Paul Richardson a nice game too 6 - 107!

Josh Hoover 353 yards passing
Sign me up for TCU this year! 2 100 yard White receivers in the same game! They appear comfortably in the top 3 receiving order with Savion Williams. Add in the 2 active linebackers and this isn’t a terrible Power 5 team.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bech should have at least one if not 2 years of eligibility remaining. Really hope that we see 2 1k receivers for TCU.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Some good early matchups - Clemson vs UGA, PSU vs WVU

Iowa is also kicking off now.

Rocky B

Master
I’ll be watching Iowa and the Navy game too. Navy with their white running attack (Air Force later on, also). UConn doesn’t do. UCB for me, I just want to see Victor Rosa get lots of carries. He’s listed second string, but from what I remember, had a better season than the listed starter.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Watching Clemson/UGA here. Klubnik/Beck. I'll be interested to watch TE Briningstool and see if Freshman LB Sammy Brown gets some reps.
Clemson looking bad early. Klubnik terrible throw and an offensive penalty and Briningstool drops a pass in his hands.

jphoss

Mentor
solid, catch and run by Cash Jones, and, of course, the announcers do their best to belittle him after the fact, referring to him as previously a mainly special teams player

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
solid, catch and run by Cash Jones, and, of course, the announcers do their best to belittle him after the fact, referring to him as previously a mainly special teams player
Woodaz drops the starting Georgia RB for a loss. LB Woodaz looking great for Clemson!

Rocky B

Master
Vander Zee, the true freshman just got his first catch for Iowa.
He’s the young guy with Doll that look like future stars

Rocky B

Master
No sign of Victor Rosa. Like Army last night, Navy has a ton of white runners, but the one minority is getting the yardage. I’ll be flipping between Iowa and Clemson/GA now.....Nestor definitely not starting for Iowa. I’m sure he’s in on nickel coverages.

TwentyTwo

Master
The name Bech always rings a bell with me, and a quick search reveals Jack is the nephew of Brett Bech who was an outstanding receiver for LSU in the early to mid-1990s. My lasting memory is that he had great hands reminiscent of Mike Hass.

I hope if Jack has NFL aspirations he has an easier road than Brett. From an article on NOLA.com:

"Brett Bech had made a life out of catching on.

"The former three-sport star at Slidell High School (football, baseball and soccer) was a walk-on for the LSU football program and was the school’s leading wide receiver for two of his seasons — a bright light in some of the program's darkest hours.

"Despite the success, Bech went undrafted
in 1995, but he latched on to the Mike Ditka-led New Orleans Saints from 1997-1999."

Brett's NFL career consisted of 21 receptions, 14 of them in 1998. LSU was one of my favorite teams to watch back then because they always seemed to have a good White receiver or two.

Another who played before him was Sammy Martin, who was lightning fast and was drafted by the Patriots in the 4th round but like Bech was barely used, having a career total of 26 catches over four NFL seasons while also serving as New England's main kick returner.

Todd Kinchen was another, similarly screwed by the NFL in the '90s even after being drafted by the Rams in the third round.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane Don to my childhood! Grew up less than 10 miles for Tiger Stadium!
Black man in the stadium saw Sammy Martin (from NOLA 70 miles away) speed and "i aint never seen a white man that fast"! lol

Kinchen was electric at LSU! from BR LA at the time QB Bucky Richardson(also from BR LA) at Texas A&M (( LSU wanted him at DB ; Athletic was Tim Tebow before there was a Tim Tebow LOL) His first game at A&M 1st run of his career was 80 yard TD) His Son is WR John Paul Richardson now at TCU... 6 - 107 last night

Yes indeed uncle Brett Bech (Slidell LA 80 miles East) was an underdog every where he went and always rose to the occasion.
Not as big as Jack Bech (Lafayette 50 miles West) who has some alpha dawg mentality; my brother and i were sad to see him leave LSU; after he fumbled the opening kickoff to get thumped by Tennessee ; the wheels just seem to come off.....
.........now he looks like the NFL Prospect we know he can be! He had played with 1st Round WR's Malik Nabors & Brian Thomas; could have been his turn this year. I'm not sure he was a fan of transfer portal Kyren Lacy from his hometown UL-Lafayette transfer cutting into his playing time with 2 1st Rounders ??

UGA finally a FG 3 - 0 ..2nd qtr vs Clemson.....RB Cash Jones with the catch!

jphoss

Mentor
Keep hearing about this new coach to communication helmet for the qb, if I was a skeptical man I would think this has more to do with making qb mentally easier to play than anything else

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Not sure what's up with the Clemson WR/TE's. Turner gets a shot and just quits running as Klubnik throws his way. A number of TE mistakes.