2024 College Football Week 1

jphoss

Mentor
Bad look on turner from clemson not expecting the ball coming his way and stops his route. Hopefully that one play doesn’t banish him to the sideline for the rest of the game

Rocky B

Master
Kaden Wetjen for Iowa is having a good day returning punts. Very electric.
Had a nice TD called back earlier.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Don't understand Dabo letting the clock run out. Would've had about 40 seconds to try and at least get a field goal. Georgia gets the ball to start the second half.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the trip down memory lane Don to my childhood! Grew up less than 10 miles for Tiger Stadium!
Black man in the stadium saw Sammy Martin (from NOLA 70 miles away) speed and "i aint never seen a white man that fast"! lol

Kinchen was electric at LSU! from BR LA at the time QB Bucky Richardson(also from BR LA) at Texas A&M (( LSU wanted him at DB ; Athletic was Tim Tebow before there was a Tim Tebow LOL) His first game at A&M 1st run of his career was 80 yard TD) His Son is WR John Paul Richardson now at TCU... 6 - 107 last night

Yes indeed uncle Brett Bech (Slidell LA 80 miles East) was an underdog every where he went and always rose to the occasion.
Not as big as Jack Bech (Lafayette 50 miles West) who has some alpha dawg mentality; my brother and i were sad to see him leave LSU; after he fumbled the opening kickoff to get thumped by Tennessee ; the wheels just seem to come off.....
.........now he looks like the NFL Prospect we know he can be! He had played with 1st Round WR's Malik Nabors & Brian Thomas; could have been his turn this year. I'm not sure he was a fan of transfer portal Kyren Lacy from his hometown UL-Lafayette transfer cutting into his playing time with 2 1st Rounders ??

UGA finally a FG 3 - 0 ..2nd qtr vs Clemson.....RB Cash Jones with the catch!
22, I figured you were familiar with those guys. This will be the last time I take this particular thread down memory lane but especially those who weren't alive back then should remember the name Todd Kinchen, a prominent victim of the Caste System in the NFL. Seven seasons, three different teams (Rams, Broncos, Falcons), and just 95 career receptions to show for it.

Here's a short highlight video from his LSU and NFL days, posted on YouTube by Todd himself. Watch it and tell me Kinchen couldn't have been a star receiver in the NFL, but he was treated so differently in every way from Nabers, Chase, the bust Terrace Marshall and other contemporary LSU receivers. He had enough size (5' 11") and certainly had the deep speed and moves to be, as they say now, "electric" in the league. The 1990s were the worst of times for White receivers with only Ricky Proehl starting until Chrebet and McCaffrey broke through near the end of the decade.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Don't understand Dabo letting the clock run out. Would've had about 40 seconds to try and at least get a field goal. Georgia gets the ball to start the second half.
Both teams seem to be ironing out their offenses. Defenses are both playing well. Klubnik settled down after the shaky start. I think Clemson will be pretty good this year - probably a 9-3 team.

For UGA I wish they would get the TEs involved. Beck looks good all things considered. Have to give credit to both teams for scheduling a huge game in week 1 while most teams schedule their fcs or lower level FBS teams.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Both teams seem to be ironing out their offenses. Defenses are both playing well. Klubnik settled down after the shaky start. I think Clemson will be pretty good this year - probably a 9-3 team.

For UGA I wish they would get the TEs involved. Beck looks good all things considered. Have to give credit to both teams for scheduling a huge game in week 1 while most teams schedule their fcs or lower level FBS teams.
TE Oscar Delp, the projected starter not playing. Lawson Luckie 2 REC. 37 yards. Not bad, but need to go to him more.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Iowa's offense with some signs of life. WR Reece Vander Zee with a TD reception

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
TE Oscar Delp, the projected starter not playing. Lawson Luckie 2 REC. 37 yards. Not bad, but need to go to him more.

What's the deal with Stanford transfer Ben Yurosek? I figured he would be playing a role and help fill the Bowers void.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kent St's QB Devin Kargman is keeping them in the game. Looks like a headbanging caveman, wild!

Rocky B

Master
Vander Zee again.......TD
Now let’s get Doll some carries in garbage time.

TwentyTwo

Master
Yes sir!
London Humphreys TD. 2 reception 64 yards!
How bout that speed! 40 yard TD Catch!
Herbstreit giving props on the Athleticism!

And they have said Cole Turner is Clemson's Fastest WR more than once!

Vanderbilt DE Linus Zunk from Germany is a bad dude!