NFL Week 9

foobar75

Master
Very much enjoyed the afternoon games today. After a lousy couple of weeks, a lot of positives today. Very happy to see Tebow bounce back with a solid game.

Westside

Hall of Famer
And again, the NE coal black defense causing a possible defeat for Brady.

Patrick

Guru
Anyone else notice that during the replay of Plaxicos TD catch in the 2007 - 2008 superbowl he went to one knee and looked to be - dare I say - praying?

I wonder why HE didn't become the object of such scrutiny and the target of mocking imitations as someone else? I guess it pays to have the proper skin pigmentation.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Gronk and Welker both over 100 yards in another incredible come from behind victory. What a day!
Aah, White Lighting I think you spoke too soon. F'ing NE defense

Anak

Mentor
When the average IQ of your defense is 85 penalties will happen. A lot of them.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Tebow played well today, still has alot of work to do to refine his passing game but he made plays with both his arm and legs. Can't wait to see the next creative way the MSM and DWFs decide to spin this.

foobar75

Master
That sucks, but how about Jack Ballard of the NYG? A critical catch and then the TD on the last drive.

Patrick

Guru
HAHA I was just watching the "OT" after the NE - NYG game and the ONLY clip of the Denver game they showed was the kick off return - nothing about Tebow.

Could you imagine if Cam Newton had 2 TDs and over 100 yards rushing and his team ACTUALLY won and him being excluded from the highlights?

No - thats more unbelievable than the Walking Dead that is going to be starting in just over an hour.

On a side note - does Tim Tebow now have more wins as a starter than Cam Newton? And does ANYONE suggest that the Broncos are a better team than the Panthers? Hah.

But of course, there is that unlimited upside thing. And Mike Greenberg is now saying he thinks Cam Newton is a better prospect than Andrew Luck. Neato.

referendum

Mentor
Except for Pats loss, a good day all around. Texans win combined with a Titans loss, Packers win with a key role for Nelson, plus Zombo on field alot. Only 49er score was by fullback Miller. Tebow looking good, leading receiver was Decker. White tight ends doing great, from Daniels, to Witten, to Gronkowski to Ballard.

Patrick

Guru
That sucks, but how about Jack Ballard of the NYG? A critical catch and then the TD on the last drive.

NYG have zero white players on defense, so its pretty neat that pretty much the only two white players on the team contributed all the yards on the game winning drive. And yeah, I'm a Pats fan - at least with Woodhead in the game the Pats had a CHANCE to win the game. Go Welker.

Westside

Hall of Famer
I feel great for Tebow. Just remember how the MSM, DWFs, blacks, Sports Media, ESPN, Yahoo, etc, fanatised how he was the 2nd biggest bust ever last week. LOL.

Tebow I'll show you how wrong you all were, especially Hoge(hope his studdering comes back for week) and Jackson. His performance kinda tempers NE losing. BB has to realize that his D is the achilies heal of his team. Time to make changes and go white with personnel.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
HAHA I was just watching the "OT" after the NE - NYG game and the ONLY clip of the Denver game they showed was the kick off return - nothing about Tebow.

Could you imagine if Cam Newton had 2 TDs and over 100 yards rushing and his team ACTUALLY won and him being excluded from the highlights?

No - thats more unbelievable than the Walking Dead that is going to be starting in just over an hour.

On a side note - does Tim Tebow now have more wins as a starter than Cam Newton? And does ANYONE suggest that the Broncos are a better team than the Panthers? Hah.

But of course, there is that unlimited upside thing. And Mike Greenberg is now saying he thinks Cam Newton is a better prospect than Andrew Luck. Neato.

Yea that revisionist history is pretty convenient. Greenberg is a limp wristed pussy jock sniffer. I firmly believe Newton will fade down the stretch. I cannot stress enough how teams will get tape on him and learn how to play him.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Also glad the Packers are 8 and 0. Aron Rodgers is turning out to be a HOFer with only 4 full seasons under his belt. Next week, hope that Nelson has a huge game.

Patrick

Guru
If you listen closely you can actually hear Merril Hoges blood pressure rising in anticipation of having to discuss Tebows game tomorrow morning on Mike and Mike.

If Cam had the exact same game he'd currently be depleting his households supply of hand lotion.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that revisionist history is pretty convenient. Greenberg is a limp wristed pussy jock sniffer. I firmly believe Newton will fade down the stretch. I cannot stress enough how teams will get tape on him and learn how to play him.

The anti-White pundits were ready to annoint Josh Freeman a future Hall of Famer after last season and he's slipped back into mediocrity this season. Newton reminds me a lot of Culpepper with Minnesota in his first season as a starter in 2000 -- an offensive line that gives him tons of time to throw, excellent running backs, and a top-flight receiver in Steve Smith. Culpepper had Robert Smith, Randy Moss and Cris Carter, and a great o-line. Newton has plenty of time to descend, much like Culpepper did and Freeman might be doing now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Newton has two top flight TE's at his disposal as well - Shockey and Olsen. I hate that they both ended up in Carolina. A great TE is a young QBs best friend.

I agree about Culpepper as well. They are pretty much the same type of QB even though the jock sniffing media will tell you that Newton is some once in a generation type player.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Texans play the Blackaneers next week....I am eagerly anticipating that match up.

I just read somewhere that New England's defense is dead last. Even in today's game, if you have the league's worst defense you aren't going to go very far. Belichik has allowed this to happen.