NFL Week 9

Westside

Hall of Famer
Perfectly thrown ball by Cutler, dropped by bum Roy Williams.
Is this the same Williams out of USC as a 1st rd pick. Who has been given a 1/2 of a dozen years to tap his "upside"?

Westside

Hall of Famer
No it's Roy Williams from Texas. The Williams you mention is in Seattle.

Schaafc, I was half kidding! That other bum Williams has been given over 8 years to realize his affeletic potential. Why waste the money and time on him, When Mike Hass could have delivered so much more. In a microcism I give you the wretched castesystem screwing Whites going on over 3 decades now.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jacoby Jones is a joke. He probably shouldn't be on an NFL roster let alone a number 3 receiver. I just hope that Walter and Hartline produce because they are the only two starting white receivers allowed to play on the outside. We need whites playing on the outside. It should be a crime that Jordy isn't starting.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Jacoby Jones is a joke. He probably shouldn't be on an NFL roster let alone a number 3 receiver. I just hope that Walter and Hartline produce because they are the only two starting white receivers allowed to play on the outside. We need whites playing on the outside. It should be a crime that Jordy isn't starting.
WA 33, I understand what you meant about Walter "being" the worst reciever in the NFL. I think the under lying theme was frustration. If Walter was targeted at least 6 times and he failed to latch on to catchable balls, then I fell your pain. But for the record I did not see his game. Like Don said his team focused on the running game, with two very capable black runners. Lets hope he has a break out game next Sunday. I enjoy your posts and especially the boxing posts you contribute!

Tom Iron

Mentor
Deadlift, black quarterbacks are 0-3 this week. :thumbsup:

The thing that gets me about all black men, not just QBs; or football players is, whenever they seem to be doing well, it's only an illusion. It's only a matter of time before they louse themselves up, whether it's doing whatever they're supposed to be doing, or something else entirely. The only unknown factor is just what it is they'll do. It could be absolutely anything.

Tom Iron...

wile

Master
Can you tell us about some more affletes who are playing tonight? I really, really want to know.

I've made some lame posts before, but that one takes the cake. I hope deadlift is not easily offended, but too bad.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
WA 33, I understand what you meant about Walter "being" the worst reciever in the NFL. I think the under lying theme was frustration. If Walter was targeted at least 6 times and he failed to latch on to catchable balls, then I fell your pain. But for the record I did not see his game. Like Don said his team focused on the running game, with two very capable black runners. Lets hope he has a break out game next Sunday. I enjoy your posts and especially the boxing posts you contribute!

Thanks Westside. Unfortunately I rarely get to watch any Texans games in my area. I'm just wondering why he's regressed. He had close to 1,000 yards a few years ago, 899 yards to be exact, and I thought he'd have a 1,000 yard season by now.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don't forget Eric Decker.

Thanks, Freethinker. I forgot about Decker. Thankfully he's now a starter in only his second season in the league whereas past white receivers like Kevin Curtis had to wait years for a starting gig. It would have been nice if the Broncos kept Lloyd instead of the over rated Royal to give Tebow two legit receivers.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I've made some lame posts before, but that one takes the cake. I hope deadlift is not easily offended, but too bad.

What are you talking about?

I was going for Chicago, and, without Peppers (Briggs And Idonije), I don't believe Chicago would have won AT Philly. And, they were 8 point underdogs. Chicago defensive coordinator, Marinelli, had to thread the fine-line between pressure and contain because of Vick's legs. I'd say he did a good job. Vick was turned into a dink-and-dunker.

Remember, one of Philly's TDs came on Brian "Fat" Rolles fumble return TD. Without that, what would Philly have accomplished against Chicago?

And, for the record, when you play against a Vick or Newton, you can't just tell the DE's to "fly around the OTs".. because that can open up huge running-lanes for a scrambling QB. Patience and discipline is required, so you can be in a good position to make plays. About the only weakness I saw from Chicago's d-line was the ultra slow-footedness from Matt Toeaina.

At 3-5, Philly is near-crippled now, but not yet done. Several winnable games remain (ARI, DAL, MIA, NE, NYJ, SEA, WAS). http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/phi/year/2011/philadelphia-eagles

dwid

Hall of Famer
"Thanks, Freethinker. I forgot about Decker. Thankfully he's now a starter in only his second season in the league whereas past white receivers like Kevin Curtis had to wait years for a starting gig. It would have been nice if the Broncos kept Lloyd instead of the over rated Royal to give Tebow two legit receivers. "

Too bad Riley Cooper isn't given a shot. He and Decker would be the top outside receivers in the NFL. It would be good and bad at the same time. If he were allowed to start Michael Vick would be doing better. Maclin and DeSean Jackson looked pretty horrible last night, dbs could easily reroute them with physical play at the los, they never came back to Vick when he was scrambling looking for a receiver, dropped easily catchable passes and were afraid to go across the middle which is why we saw Vick target Celek so many times. In reality one of them should go into the slot, they just don't have a big physical presence on the outside but Avant is supposedly some slot machine. Cooper is used to catching from a qb on the run, big, phsyical and a deep threat. Hartline is good but has some things to work on, he isn't consistent enough. It also doesn't help that Marshall is targeted about 10 times a game.

icsept

Master
If you read ESPN.com, there was no Monday Night Football game last night. Apparently I was dreaming when I watched a 100 million dollar black quarterback fail miserably in front of a nationwide audience. More important front page articles are: Lavin back at St.Johns practice after surgery; Francona interviews for Cardinals job; Fines likely for Steelers, Ravens hits; Duquette vows to rebuild O's from ground up...

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Half-way through the season and the following teams have been mathematically eliminated or have less than 1% chance of making the playoffs:

Miami
Cleveland
Jacksonville
Indianapolis
Minnesota
Arizona
Seattle
St. Louis

Only Green Bay and San Francisco have already clinched playoff spots. San Fran has already clinched the NFC West.

Although Denver is only one game out, they only have a 4.7% chance of making the playoffs.

We won't be seeing any black quarterbacks in the playoffs unless Philadelphia 24.1% or Tampa Bay 4.7% can overcome the odds.

Source: http://www.coolstandings.com/football/football_standings.asp?sn=2011

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Weenieworld is already talking Welker down because supa afflete Darelle Revis will be covering him.

ESPN's James Walker expects the Jets to use Darrelle Revis on Wes Welker even more this week than they did in Week 5.

In Week 5, Welker burned the Jets for five catches and 124 yards in a 30-21 win. But most of those yards came when Welker beat zone coverage for a 73-yard gain up the middle. This time, Revis figures to follow Welker into the slot on nearly every play. He's at the bottom end of the WR1s this week despite being on pace for 132 catches, 1,920 yards and 12 touchdowns.