2024 NFL Week 4

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
No. I'm watching, but just got my signal back on my TV. Hurricane Helene has devasted Western North Carolina. 90 people have been killed and counting. Unless you're here you can't understand the devastation. I'm watching. Just very exhausted from clean up of my property as well as my in-laws home. Just trying to relax. I'm just crushed and very tired!

Glad you are ok. I have seen some of the video on social media and it really looks bad.

Warhawk_46

Master
True about these "exception" QB's is that they have a short shelf life. Richardson is already out again, Daniels is a big dude, but running like he does is an injury waiting to happen. One exception to the exceptions has been Geno Smith, who is playing like a conventional QB for the most part and finding success. Now for these black running QB's THAT'S the exception.
It took Smith nearly a decade to become a serviceable conventional QB though. No white is ever getting that type of leash.

Warhawk_46

Master
Buffalo really needs a game breaking wide receiver… if only they had one… hmm Isabella? Bueller?? Bueller?

Derick Henry, a great back, is in the perfect system. He very well may lead the league again. Baltimore has a very, very limited aerial attack with Jackson at the helm but boy can they run the ball!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What's the deal with the plaid theme in sort of rainbow colors for the first few weeks of the season? It's understated whatever "cause" it's supposed to be supporting but I've seen a number of coaches on the sidelines wearing it. . .

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
No. I'm watching, but just got my signal back on my TV. Hurricane Helene has devasted Western North Carolina. 90 people have been killed and counting. Unless you're here you can't understand the devastation. I'm watching. Just very exhausted from clean up of my property as well as my in-laws home. Just trying to relax. I'm just crushed and very tired!
I had no idea, sorry to learn of the devastation and loss of life, glad you and your family are ok in the face of the destruction of the storm.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’m sorry to hear you and family are going through this. From the news it looks devastating but I can’t imagine in person.

I’ll be praying to the Lord for strength to endure for the entire region.

Snow Plow

Mentor
We all have Carolina Speed in our prayers.

So, Bills are down big in the first half, but force a punt, score a TD, and then force another punt. Now, they are only down 11 but decide in a trick play, fumble, and the get dominated the rest of the way.

I question the GM for not improving the team around Allen, but also the coach for calling an assaninie play when a trick play wasn’t needed.

jphoss

Mentor
We all have Carolina Speed in our prayers.

So, Bills are down big in the first half, but force a punt, score a TD, and then force another punt. Now, they are only down 11 but decide in a trick play, fumble, and the get dominated the rest of the way.

I question the GM for not improving the team around Allen, but also the coach for calling an assaninie play when a trick play wasn’t needed.
The coach and gm are both less than mediocre They are wasting prime josh allen and I would like to see both replaced. It’s like when rodgers or manning propped up bad coaches and gm’s bc they were so good their talent alone guaranteed 11-12 wins no matter the players and coaches around them. But once you get to the playoffs those warts get exposed by the best teams

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think this was just a bad game for the Bills. Before tonight they looked like the best team in the league. Luckily they also play in the AFC East which looks like it is their division for the taking - the Pats stink, the Dolphins are on their third QB and the Jets are the Jets.

Allen is the best QB in the league.

wile

Master
Very glad Blackers lost
I paid very little attention yesterday but I did peruse the stats today and Love had 54 att and 4 tds was this from playing catch up football against a prevent D? FTR I had way more fun on a gorgeous fall day at a shooting contest than sitting in front of the stupidvision so thanks to all here for the updates.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I paid very little attention yesterday but I did peruse the stats today and Love had 54 att and 4 tds was this from playing catch up football against a prevent D? FTR I had way more fun on a gorgeous fall day at a shooting contest than sitting in front of the stupidvision so thanks to all here for the updates.
Same here. I checked in on the games occasionally, but was out doing work around the house and painting a new bumper for one of my cars that my wife decided to customize by running into a concrete mailbox. Have to wake up at around 4AM so couldn't stay up to watch the Bills try a boneheaded play.

Thoughts and prayers to you Carolina Speed.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mostly yes. Vikings were up 28-0 and were going to go into the half with that lead. However, one of their magical athletes muffed a punt catch and gave the Blackers the ball in the redzone. So Love's 1st TD came on a very short field. The rest came in the 2nd half where it was obvious that the defense was willing to bend a bit with such a big lead. Of course this almost came back to bit them. A prime example that you should never take your foot off the pedal that early in the game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I noticed LB Kristian Welch and Cody Barton on the field for the Broncos yesterday. Was a nice surprise. Broncos defense looks tough these first few weeks of the season.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I noticed LB Kristian Welch and Cody Barton on the field for the Broncos yesterday. Was a nice surprise. Broncos defense looks tough these first few weeks of the season.
Although I'm a big fan of Aaron Rodgers, I was very pleased with how this game turned out, and it was a fun watching the Red Zone bits. Nix struggled again and almost overthrew the TD pass. Tough to play QB in the rain. Nix, of course, has already landed high on the list of DWF most-hated players for some reason only 4 games into the season.

wile

Master
I think the DWFs derive some social status from being DWFs and all around race gimps. See the movie "Super Fan", I'll bet even the black guys have as low opinion of the DWFs as we do or close to it.

Warhawk_46

Master
Definitely a better way to spend today than watching the continued desecration of a once hallowed past time.

Especially with so many of our key guys injured this year.

Warhawk_46

Master
Mostly yes. Vikings were up 28-0 and were going to go into the half with that lead. However, one of their magical athletes muffed a punt catch and gave the Blackers the ball in the redzone. So Love's 1st TD came on a very short field. The rest came in the 2nd half where it was obvious that the defense was willing to bend a bit with such a big lead. Of course this almost came back to bit them. A prime example that you should never take your foot off the pedal that early in the game.
It continually amazes me these coaches and defenses opt for the prevent which routinely shows that it does anything but prevent points being scored upon.

Always play to win versus play to not lose.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Levis hurt while diving for the sticks to get a 1st down. Came down on his shoulder, he's in the tent getting checked out. Mason Rudolph (also hated) is now in the game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The announcers Riddick and Orlovsky are cheerleading for Rudolph to stay in the game even though Levis wants to come back. Hardly surprising but if Levis was Black they wouldn't want to see him replaced so quickly by a White backup. Rudolph is competent but Levis is playing better each week, needs to cut down on mistakes but also is surrounded by a lack of talent on the o-line and at TE.

Miami looks like pure garbage on offense so far.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Nice drive for Rudolph ends after two balls clank off of the hands of the recievers.