2024 NFL Week 2

Warhawk_46

Master
Does Kupp ever run more than a five yard out anymore? When won’t the Rams send him on slants where he has made a killing over the years?

Warhawk_46

Master
The same thing happened last year with Luepke one fumble that was attributed to Prescott got him benched for the rest of the season. You may be right about Reid though. He seems to have moderated a lot in his caste ways.
I think Reid knows he is king of the mountaintop now that Belichick is retired. Reid understands white players’ value and is getting better.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Does Kupp ever run more than a five yard out anymore? When won’t the Rams send him on slants where he has made a killing over the years?
Kupp is out of the game with an ankle injury, hopefully not another bad one.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bengals running their franchise QB up the middle. NFL playcalling is awful. Spread offense is really hurting the quality of the game.

El Gringo

Mentor
I think Reid knows he is king of the mountaintop now that Belichick is retired. Reid understands white players’ value and is getting better.
I agree with that, and I also think Mahomes has a lot to do with it. As much as I don’t want him to catch Brady as the goat, the guy is pretty hard not to like. He’s a closet Trump supporter hangs out with Harrison Butker and most of the players on the team. He may be a big influence on semi fat bastard. Much like Brady was with Belichick.

backrow

Hall of Famer
So that WR that caught a TD for Bengals is Romanian-Filipino apparently.

EDIT I see that Don covered him in the Bengals thread.

El Gringo

Mentor
Bengals running their franchise QB up the middle. NFL playcalling is awful. Spread offense is really hurting the quality of the game.
yeah, it’s frustrating man just like the Rams using Cooper Kupp as a lead blocker against 250 pound linebackers.

Carson’s Recovery run after the fumble with Chenal as the lead blocker.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Riley just had a beautiful pass defence which was taken away by a dubious roughing call on his teammate who ran into the receiver after the play.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Charlie Jones once again not part of the passing game but at least Mike Gesicki is 7 for 91. I can see him continuing to be a key target.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's funny there is really no difference with this Steelers offense than last year with Pickett. Steelers aren't equipped to go against any high scoring teams. I think the Broncos will hit their stride around midseason once the game slows down a little more for Nix.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny there is really no difference with this Steelers offense than last year with Pickett. Steelers aren't equipped to go against any high scoring teams. I think the Broncos will hit their stride around midseason once the game slows down a little more for Nix.
The Steelers have only scored one touchdown in two games. The defense has enabled them to win two low scoring games. And I agree about Denver, Nix got better as this one went along against a tough defense, it's just a matter of time until the Broncos offense gets in sync.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Carson Steele with I believe 7 rushes. That's 7 more than Shipley, Schrader and Laube combined. . . Laube was a healthy scratch for the second straight game today.

The Hock

Master
I'm worried about Lawrence. He was so hyped during the draft process but has too many mediocre stat lines.

That said his protection wasn't very good today the topper being that safety at the end.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Josey Jewell with 11 tackles, 8 solo, and a fumble recovery. Maybe that will quiet the howling for a week of the DWF jackals demanding he be replaced. . . maybe.