2024 NFL Week 2

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm worried about Lawrence. He was so hyped during the draft process but has too many mediocre stat lines.

That said his protection wasn't very good today the topper being that safety at the end.

The Jaguars didn't do much to help out Lawrence in the offseason. They have a rookie WR as their #1, Etienne is pretty meh as an RB (his brother was very underwhelming for UGA last night as well), their hot/cold TE Engram was out for the game. The media will certainly put their focus on him as they do a White QB every season to tear them down. Meanwhile the alarm has to be going off at NFL HQ about Bryce Young and Anthony Richardson - two of the QBs from the highly publicized "3 first QBs in the first round are black" draft.

I feel Lawrence will be fine as he has all the requisite tools - arm strength, intelligence, accuracy, mobility etc. to be fine. The first two weeks are typically a tune up for many teams.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Charlie Jones once again not part of the passing game but at least Mike Gesicki is 7 for 91. I can see him continuing to be a key target.
I like the way the Bengals are using Gesicki. He's much more slot receiver or wideout than TE, and he looks it, too.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Refs bail out Mahomes again. It’s all so tiring at this point.
Yeah, but it was a no-brainer call. There was a similar play in the first quarter where the officials kept the laundry in their pocket that should have been a call. The interception takeaway was more Travis Kelce acting than the officials helping Mahomes.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
All black QB's on Sunday nite football. I wonder what color Caleb Williams nails will be. Looks like an early bed night for me.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Steelers have only scored one touchdown in two games. The defense has enabled them to win two low scoring games. And I agree about Denver, Nix got better as this one went along against a tough defense, it's just a matter of time until the Broncos offense gets in sync.

Twitter is convincing itself that Nix is the biggest bust of all time and it was Sean Payton's ego that got him drafted in round one. Such is the hive mind of the DWFs in Amerika 2.0 - Nix not Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson or Trey Lance (who has been memory holed) are not bigger busts - it's the Whitey QB after two games. Just like every other position (and sport) the typical moron that watches sports is conditioned to hate the White QB now no questions asked. I would say I failed at my long battle railing against black QBs, but I am still here and calling it out (and I know some on this site disapprove, I try to keep it a little bit more within reason). Being pretty much the only one not going along with an obviously manufactured and engineered replacement of a position is touch sledding! But I'll keep on bringing up the double standard on QBs as it continues to seep into the regular fans dimwitted minds that Whites can no longer magically play the position.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but it was a no-brainer call. There was a similar play in the first quarter where the officials kept the laundry in their pocket that should have been a call. The interception takeaway was more Travis Kelce acting than the officials helping Mahomes.

It was a pretty bang bang play though and the ball was over the receivers head. Even you have to admit Mahomes isn't as good the media wants him to be and the amount of favorable calls and INTs he gets wiped away is a bit strange.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Same here. These black qbs all come off as effeminate and homosexual too.
To be fair, C.J. Stroud seems to have good character and he was legit last year. I guess if I have a rooting choice it would be for him over primadonna Williams.

aalin

Yeah, but it was a no-brainer call.

No it was not. The defender was the first to the position, jumped into the air, and then the WR backed into him. If anything, it was offensive foul.

The defender has as much right to fight for the ball as the WR. And he got to the position first. And then the scum announcer claiming that the defender got there "too early". Yeah right. Anything to cover up for the cheating refs.

Mutthomes getting help big time from the refs just like that many times throughout every season, and then he gets home advantage throughout playoffs.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
On his first drive Williams has looked good, quick reads, sharp passing. But I remember why I don't watch SNF that often. Uncle Chrissie is difficult to listen to with his slobbering and over-the-top praise of everything black.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
No it was not. The defender was the first to the position, jumped into the air, and then the WR backed into him. If anything, it was offensive foul.

The defender has as much right to fight for the ball as the WR. And he got to the position first. And then the scum announcer claiming that the defender got there "too early". Yeah right. Anything to cover up for the cheating refs.

Mutthomes getting help big time from the refs just like that many times throughout every season, and then he gets home advantage throughout playoffs.
If a receiver is running, or even backing on his route, the defender can't run into him before the ball arrives. Your play analysis is flawed.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
On his first drive Williams has looked good, quick reads, sharp passing. But I remember why I don't watch SNF that often. Uncle Chrissie is difficult to listen to with his slobbering and over-the-top praise of everything black.
You mean Aunt Crissie, he really is in his glory tonight, as awful as he's ever been.

And always remember that Collinsworth is the owner of PFF, which holds an unchallenged monopoly position which is why it's inherently untrustworthy and often does seem biased against White players.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Cade Stover, rookie TE for the Texans, has made some good plays tonight. One catch and run for about 15 yards and then the very next play was lead blocker on a WR sweep and simply demolished the defender in front of him.

CrazyFinn

Mentor
If a receiver is running, or even backing on his route, the defender can't run into him before the ball arrives. Your play analysis is flawed.
I believe FootballDad and I are the only two people on this forum who don’t have this sort of irrational loathing towards Mahomes. I’m never going to root for him against a white QB, but for all intents and purposes, he’s not your typical black quarterback that the media loves to glorify and how they’re trying to blacken the position. With the exception of his black father, he’s pretty much white in every way, from how and where he‘s grown up, the way he plays like a typical white pocket passer, his wife and kids, his social circle, everything. And by all measures, looks like a good guy to me and obviously a very good QB.

As for the play in question, that is the definition of pass interference. It was a catchable ball and the defender hit the WR before he could make a play on the ball. KC is one of the handful of teams to root for given their overall roster.

Warhawk_46

Master
I'm worried about Lawrence. He was so hyped during the draft process but has too many mediocre stat lines.

That said his protection wasn't very good today the topper being that safety at the end.
Either way he has underperformed. Jacksonville is a junk franchise but he has got to find some way to overcome. He needs a bit of the moxie Mayfield has.

Warhawk_46

Master
I believe FootballDad and I are the only two people on this forum who don’t have this sort of irrational loathing towards Mahomes. I’m never going to root for him against a white QB, but for all intents and purposes, he’s not your typical black quarterback that the media loves to glorify and how they’re trying to blacken the position. With the exception of his black father, he’s pretty much white in every way, from how and where he‘s grown up, the way he plays like a typical white pocket passer, his wife and kids, his social circle, everything. And by all measures, looks like a good guy to me and obviously a very good QB.

As for the play in question, that is the definition of pass interference. It was a catchable ball and the defender hit the WR before he could make a play on the ball. KC is one of the handful of teams to root for given their overall roster.
I’m in your camp. I don’t dislike Mahomes at all. He is an exemplary quarterback. I also see the Chiefs as one of the more white friendly teams lately.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I’m in your camp. I don’t dislike Mahomes at all. He is an exemplary quarterback. I also see the Chiefs as one of the more white friendly teams lately.
I don't dislike Mahomes and I'd say a number of other posters don't either. The default position some have that every black QB sucks no matter how successful defeats whatever goal they're trying to accomplish by coming across as having a kneejerk dislike of all black people to the point of never conceding that some have talent. It's contrary to how we've handled every other aspect of exposing the Caste System over the years and will never appeal to open-minded people willing to examine where we're coming from. Lumping the numerous black failures at quarterback together with the successful ones and branding them all as no good accomplishes nothing and no one has made a convincing argument that it does.

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mahomes has earned my respect. He’s like a mulatto hick who acts like a White country boy. He didn’t throw Butker under the bus when the media wanted him to, nor his wife for openly supporting Trump. There’s more but I’ll leave it there and try to get back on subject…

Today was an exceptional day for White pass rushers.
Hutchinson - 4.5 sacks
Gardeck - 3
Crosby - 2
N Bosa - 2
Hendrickson - 2
Many with 1 (Bresee, J Bosa, McFadden, Van Ginkel to name some)

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Going back to the earlier games, since tonight’s game has zero interest for most of us.

Minnesota seems to be surprising everyone, except maybe us here. We all knew Darnold could be a good QB with the right coach and supporting staff. We also predicted that the signings of Andrew Van Ginkel and Blake Cashman would be good ones. Those 2 lead the defense today against a top offensive team (even without CMac they have weapons). AVG had 4 tackles (2 for losses), a sack and a pass defense. Cashman had 13 total tackles (1 for a loss), a sack and 3 pass defenses. These guys have been worth every penny.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Just browsing the boxscore, Mr Fingernail Paint is stinking up the joint. In other Bears news, seldom used (anymore) LB Jack Sanborn with a sack. Wonder how they let him on the field…..

It's not that I have a problem with Mahomes per se (although he does come off whiny and gay on field) but moreso what he represents and what the media projects onto him. He is the poster child of the "new" QB archetype, which is necessarily black. The fact that he plays like a pocket passer is not relevant to the narrative the media has crafted around him. His success only serves to darken the position further.

Beyond that, and this is admittedly a petty thing, but he undoubtedly has had more luck and ref "assistance" than any current player. And while the neither are his fault, I have grown tired of watching him slop his way into wins, pointing down field for a bailout flag and always seeming to get one. Today was a great example.

jacque

Guru
This Texans bears game is awesome. Basically just watching Caleb Williams getting obliterated all every other play. It’s obvious players don’t like him cause he’s constantly getting roughed and hit late, and very intentionally

Snow Plow

Mentor
Highlights this week:

Bills: Spector 10 tackles, Kincaid 33 yards, Allen 139 yards passing and 1 TD but wasn’t needed

Dolphins: Seiler 2 tackles with 1 for a loss

Raiders: Minshew 276 yards and a TD, Bowers 9-98, Laube nothing, Crosby 6 tackles with 4 for a loss including 2 sacks, Spillane 10 tackles

Ravens: Andrews 4-51, Urban 3 tackles

Browns: nothing of note

Jaguars: Lawrence 220 yards with 45 yards rushing

Jets: Rodgers 176 with 2 tds. McGregor with the first white tackle in quite some time it seems.

Titans: Levis with 192 and TD and 38 yards rushing . Luke Gifford with 2 tackles.

Niners: Purdy 319 and a TD, Kittle 7-76 and a TD, Saubert 2-26, Juice 3-19, Bosa 5 tackles with 2 sacks

Vikings: Darnold 268 and 2 tds, Cashman 14 tackles with a sack, Smith 5 tackles, Van Ginkel 4 tackles with a sack, Phillips 2 tackles

Chargers: Herbert 130 and 2 tds, Dissly 3-29, McConkey 2-26, Bosa 2 tackles with 1 sack

Panthers: Theilen 3-20, Jewell 11 tackles

Seahawks: Bobo 2-15

Patriots: Henry 8-109

Saints: Carr 243 and 2 tds, Hill 3-18 rushing, Werner 8 tackles, Breese 2 tackles with a sack

Cowboys: Schoonmaker 6-43

Giants: Jones 178 and 2 with 32 yards rushing, McFadden 13 tackles with a sack

Commanders: Ertz 4-62, Bellore 2 tackles

Bucs: Mayfield 185 and 1 with 34 yards rushing,

Lions: Goff 307 but 2 INTs, LaPorta 2-13,
Hutchinson 4.5 sacks, Campbell 6 tackles, Anzalone 4, Rodriguez 2

Colts: Pierce 5-57 and a TD,

Green Bay: Van Ness with a TFL

Rams: Stafford 216, Kupp 4-37, Reeder 8 tackles, Hoecht 5 tackles with a TFL, Rozeboom 4 tackles, Fiske 3 tackles

Cards: McBride 6-67, Gardeck 6 tackles with 3 sacks!

Steelers: Freiermuth 4-39, Watt 3 tackles with a sack and a TFL

Broncos: Nix 246 but 2 INTs, Singleton 11 tackles, Barton 7 tackles, Allen 4 tackles with a sack, Ellis 3 tackles and a sack and a TFL, Moss 3 tackles but was injured

Bengals: Burrow 258 and 2 tds, Gesicki 7-91, Sample 3-28, Wilson 12 tackles, Hemdrickson 4 tackles with 2 sacks, Hubbard 3 tackles

Chiefs: Steele 7-24 but a fumble, Watson 2-22, Kelce 1-5, Tranquill 7 tackles, Chenal 6, Karlaftis 3

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This Texans bears game is awesome. Basically just watching Caleb Williams getting obliterated all every other play. It’s obvious players don’t like him cause he’s constantly getting roughed and hit late, and very intentionally
Yeah, Williams really took a beating. He played poorly again but it's obvious the Chicago o-line once again is bad. They couldn't handle the blitz or pressure in general.