2024 NFL Week 2

Snow Plow

Mentor
Leaders through week 2:

Passing yards: Purdy, Minshew, Stafford, Goff are the top 4 in the league.

Passer rating: Carr, Mayfield, Allen are the top 3.

Receiving yards: Pierce is top 5 with Kupp, Bowers, Kittle, Henry, Gesicki, and McBride amongst the leaders.

Sacks: Hutchinson, Crosby, and Gardeck are in the top 5.

Tackles: Wilson, Singleton, Spillane, And Cashman are all in the top ten.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Posted also in the '24 Chiefs thread.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs are putting Isiah Pacheco (leg) on injured reserve.
It means Pacheco, who suffered a gruesome-looking broken fibula in Week 2 against the Bengals, will be sidelined for at least four weeks. Pacheco is set to undergo further testing of the leg injury. Carson Steele and Samaje Perine will likely split backfield duties while Pacheco is out. Perine profiles as the pass catching back while Steele should be the early-down option and goal line runner. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is on the NFI list and can return by Week 5.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's not that I have a problem with Mahomes per se (although he does come off whiny and gay on field) but moreso what he represents and what the media projects onto him. He is the poster child of the "new" QB archetype, which is necessarily black. The fact that he plays like a pocket passer is not relevant to the narrative the media has crafted around him. His success only serves to darken the position further.

Beyond that, and this is admittedly a petty thing, but he undoubtedly has had more luck and ref "assistance" than any current player. And while the neither are his fault, I have grown tired of watching him slop his way into wins, pointing down field for a bailout flag and always seeming to get one. Today was a great example.

:clap2:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Chiefs are putting Isiah Pacheco (leg) on injured reserve.
It means Pacheco, who suffered a gruesome-looking broken fibula in Week 2 against the Bengals, will be sidelined for at least four weeks. Pacheco is set to undergo further testing of the leg injury. Carson Steele and Samaje Perine will likely split backfield duties while Pacheco is out. Perine profiles as the pass catching back while Steele should be the early-down option and goal line runner. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is on the NFI list and can return by Week 5.
Maybe a Peyton Hillis type situation is on the horizon!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Mahomes has earned my respect. He’s like a mulatto hick who acts like a White country boy. He didn’t throw Butker under the bus when the media wanted him to, nor his wife for openly supporting Trump. There’s more but I’ll leave it there and try to get back on subject…

Today was an exceptional day for White pass rushers.
Hutchinson - 4.5 sacks
Gardeck - 3
Crosby - 2
N Bosa - 2
Hendrickson - 2
Many with 1 (Bresee, J Bosa, McFadden, Van Ginkel to name some)
Following up on my post regarding sacks, I took a look at the leader board. There are 29 players who have 2 sacks or more. 8 of them are White athletes which is 28% of the leaders. We know that every year the draft is approximately 25% White. We also know that the overall numbers are boosted by QB, TE, offensive lineman and special teams players. So the percentage of White defenders is significantly lower. We've spoken about this alot but here are statistics to back our claim that our guys overrepresent the best players on defense. An honest media would investigate this further to understand this statistical outlier, and question why White athletes are not pursued in higher numbers considering their success. Instead you can find countless articles about black quarterbacks, as if they still face any discrimination at the position (arguably they never did).

white lightning

Hall of Famer

The Chiefs are quickly becoming must see tv. They are undefeated so far and go to the Super Bowl every year. If Carson Steele was to
become another star running back it would hurt the caste system even more. Cracks in the dam. Gotta stay positive. This should really
get the kid pumped up. I just hope he doesn't try too hard. Sometimes you just have to go down and not always bulldoze over most of
the defenders. That is how fumbles can happen. He shouldn't change his style but maybe just scale it back a little to protect the rock!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
The Chiefs are quickly becoming must see tv. They are undefeated so far and go to the Super Bowl every year. If Carson Steele was to
become another star running back it would hurt the caste system even more. Cracks in the dam. Gotta stay positive. This should really
get the kid pumped up. I just hope he doesn't try too hard. Sometimes you just have to go down and not always bulldoze over most of
the defenders. That is how fumbles can happen. He shouldn't change his style but maybe just scale it back a little to protect the rock!
I agree 100%. Pacheco runs similarly and look what happened to him. Would be great if Steele plays smart, holds on to the rock and stays healthy. We know he'll get his yards.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I agree 100% also. "Trying too hard" was something White WRs did for a number of years when there were even fewer of them than there are now and almost no starters so the ones that did play went all out. Tom Waddle was simply crushed by head-hunting defenders on a regular basis when he played for the Bears, so was Ed McCaffrey with the Broncos. Another one was Tim Dwight who played what I called a kamikaze style and regularly ended up with ailments like a punctured lung, lacerated kidneys, etc. Now White receivers play much smarter.

Steele will undoubtedly want to play as hard as he can to make an impression, but White Lightning hit the nail on the head. Hopefully the success of Christian McCaffrey will give Carson some breathing room with Reid and he won't treat him the way Mike Holmgren did Travis Jervey back in 1998, to cite one example that still sticks in my craw.

Warhawk_46

Master
Call it the Hillis effect and I am eating crow right now as I said, due to his style of running which emasculates black defender like Hillis did, Steeel wouldn’t get much more than token rushes.

Assuming he gets a lot of carries he could go off and potentially hit 1000 yards on the year, this would take some sting out of CMC being hurt.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Tom Waddle was simply crushed by head-hunting defenders on a regular basis when he played for the Bears ...
I had to look up Tom Waddle, as the name was only vaguely familiar.

From Wikipedia: "After leading the Bears in receiving yards and receptions in 1993,[6] Wannstedt demoted Waddle in favor of faster receivers.[7] Later that year, he suffered a concussion and a partially torn knee ligament from an illegal hit by Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive back Thomas Everett."

It also mentions that he married the daughter of former Patriots receiver, and the 1964 AFL MVP, Gino Cappelletti.
Good football genes there! But they had 4 daughters and no sons.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Gainwell outsnapped Shipley 15 to 4 in Week One, but the season is still very very young, we'll see what happens as more games are played.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Peyton and Eli's guest on ESPN 2's broadcast of the game is The Genius if anyone's interested. He's actually wearing a suit and tie.

PhillyBirds

Mentor
I’m assuming I shouldn’t be looking for Cooper Dejean on the field? Special teams? Anything?
He's on special teams, just not returning kicks or anything. He appeared as the extra DB in dime packages last week, but they've been easing him in as he missed most of training camp.

Shouldn't be too long before DeJean replaces Avonte Maddox as the starting slot CB. Maddox used to be solid, but is often injured and appears to have lost a step or two as Green Bay picked on him last week.

Warhawk_46

Master
Did Gainwell beat out Shipley for the number 2 RB slot?
Looks like it but Gainwell is a very average player. Shipley has far better talent, athleticism and skills. I’d imagine over the course of the season Shipley supplants him.

Last edited:

Rocky B

Master
Shipley not paly8ng is one thing, I haven’t seen Dejean in nickel packages either. Play the kid.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's gonna be very hard for Shipley to get carries minus a Barkley injury. As between Barkley and Hurts they get about 40 carries a game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
DeJean in for a couple snaps. I'm confident that as the season goes along he'll be starting sooner rather than later. Also that Shipley will surpass Gainwell and see some runs and receptions.

jacque

Guru
Saquon you stupid ****! He just dropped the easiest floater for a first down to end the game which just made me lose fantasy lol.

Cooper DeJean not in on the final drive. Falcons score. The eagles deserve it.

icsept

Master
Slay gives up the winning TD to London. Horrible (non) coverage. Imagine if DeJean gave up that TD. He would be cut before he got to the sidelines.