2023 NFL Week 8

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Cousins reportedly with an Achilles injury, could be the end of his career best season.
Such a shame. The team was rounding into form as was one of the better options in the NFC. Maybe they’ll go out and get a vet like Barkley. This rookie Hall isn’t going to cut it.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Cousins reportedly with an Achilles injury, could be the end of his career best season.

And another black QB to replace him. If Cousins is done for the year the second half of the season will be a long one for the Vikings.

woody39

Mentor
Cmac is the story of the season. I want him to break every record he can as who knows when we will see another team make a white
running back the number 1 running back. My biggest goal for McCaffrey is to lead the NFL in Rushing and a cap it off winning the
MVP of the Super Bowl. Lofty Goals but why not?
Think he is that good he might just do it. The problem could be if Purdy can carry them there as well, can't all be on CMac as they will just load the box. Looks promising for Purdy though.

They have Ayiuk and Samuel as well who will help carry the load offensively not to mention Kittle who is awesome of course and the best fullback in football. They have the team to do it!

woody39

Mentor
Tranquill excellent play forcing the fumble out of bounds on Wilson! He is such a good player.

There definitely seems to of been an uptick in defensive starters and impact players this year or seems it anyway!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Such a shame. The team was rounding into form as was one of the better options in the NFC. Maybe they’ll go out and get a vet like Barkley. This rookie Hall isn’t going to cut it.

Trade deadline is Tuesday. Have to wonder if the Vikings try to trade for Keenum, Mason Rudolph, Davis Mills or even Tannehill if the Titans like Levis moving forward. All speculation at this point and with the Cardinals playing Josh Dobbs all season and being excused for it I could see the same situation playing out with the Vikings. If that is the case it will be a long season in Minnesota as Cousins was playing at an elite level.

woody39

Mentor
Chiefs need Justin Watson back to full fitness because Rice one of their other recievers starting instead of him due to his injury sucks!

Trade deadline is Tuesday. Have to wonder if the Vikings try to trade for Keenum, Mason Rudolph, Davis Mills or even Tannehill if the Titans like Levis moving forward. All speculation at this point and with the Cardinals playing Josh Dobbs all season and being excused for it I could see the same situation playing out with the Vikings. If that is the case it will be a long season in Minnesota as Cousins was playing at an elite level.
I honestly think the Vikings are willing to pack it in for the year. The roster isn't terrible but he's the only reason they were in playoff contention. With their black GM, there's a good chance they tank for a quota and let Cousins hit the market in the offseason.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I honestly think the Vikings are willing to pack it in for the year. The roster isn't terrible but he's the only reason they were in playoff contention. With their black GM, there's a good chance they tank for a quota and let Cousins hit the market in the offseason.

Can't argue with your logic at all.

woody39

Mentor
Joshua Dobbs with a terrible interception!!! How is he a starter in the league as some one said earlier maybe Leonardfan?!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
6 of 8 quarterbacks in the late games are black. NFL games are largely unwatchable.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
6 of 8 quarterbacks in the late games are black. NFL games are largely unwatchable.

Pretty sure the league has passed the 50% mark of all starters being black. It was the boiling frog experiment for most of this century but now the DWFs have come to accept and even prefer black qbs despite Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Matt Ryan etc being very successful in recent history.

It's just about as bad in college but I won't get into that here.

woody39

Mentor
Yes so many undeserving starters in the league, for every Mahomes who I really enjoy watching and who is one of the best there is a Joshua Dobbs/Geno Smith/PJ Walker who are all poor and should never be starting ever!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
For the second time in recent weeks the Broncos defense is playing KC tough, leading 14-6 going into the half.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
For the second time in recent weeks the Broncos defense is playing KC tough, leading 14-6 going into the half.

And for the Chiefs Tranquill is all over the field making plays.

Karlaftis with the forced fumble on Wilson.

Warhawk_46

Master
Cmac is the story of the season. I want him to break every record he can as who knows when we will see another team make a white
running back the number 1 running back. My biggest goal for McCaffrey is to lead the NFL in Rushing and a cap it off winning the
MVP of the Super Bowl. Lofty Goals but why not?
I share your same goals.

Warhawk_46

Master
So great to see Will Levis, who should have been drafted much higher than he was, have an outstanding debut game!