2023 NFL Week 8

jphoss

Mentor
Purdy just needs to make adjustments, study film and work on getting better. His run so far is still unprecedented and this is just part of his progression playing in the league. I still think Shanahan needs to start opening the playbook and stop running as many predictable plays but all the experience Purdy gets should make him better in the long run.
Exactly progress is never linear. Even Brady was 9-7 his second year starting. The bye comes at the perfect time for them to get right. Good to see the bengals getting better and Charlie jones should be coming off ir soon.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Chiefs White defenders have been giving Wilson fits. Karlaftis with 2.5 sacks. Chenal and Tranquill with 1 each!
It's been another great day for the league's tiny contingent of White defenders.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Bagent opened the game with a 41 yard pass.
Bosa had a sack to end the drive.
Sanborn started, but I saw him taken out after the first play.

TwentyTwo

Master
I have to wonder if the Bears are out on Fields yet. Bagnet isn't lighting the world on fire, but the gap between these 2 is narrow if it exists at all. Not a good look for a guy DWFs were hyping as a dark horse MVP candidate before the season started.

jphoss

Mentor
I have to wonder if the Bears are out on Fields yet. Bagnet isn't lighting the world on fire, but the gap between these 2 is narrow if it exists at all. Not a good look for a guy DWFs were hyping as a dark horse MVP candidate before the season started.
Bagnet is a better qb than fields, not saying much but he looks like he knows how to play the position. Herbert is just on fire tonight

Terrible drop by Van Jefferson. The woman announcer? Good Lord, I'd hate to listen to that all day. Might rather tune in to The View.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As of today we have 2 guys in the Top 10 NFL Receivers for Total Receiving Yards.

Travis Kelce is 9th and Adam Thielen is 10th! Nice to see two of our guys shining with Cooper Kupp and many other
of our guys not having their usual seasons.

On top of that Christian McCaffrey still is Number 1 in Rushing Yards and the Highest Scorer in the NFL at the moment!

Warhawk_46

Master
As of today we have 2 guys in the Top 10 NFL Receivers for Total Receiving Yards.

Travis Kelce is 9th and Adam Thielen is 10th! Nice to see two of our guys shining with Cooper Kupp and many other

On top of that Christian McCaffrey still is Number 1 in Rushing Yards and the Highest Scorer in the NFL at the moment!
I think by season’s end Thielen and Kelce will be over 1,000 yards. I’m also going to go say Kittle will reach it again. Now my wildcard is Watson and Pierce. Both will reach 800 yards and with a couple monster games, maybe more. Both are starting to be utilized more and making the most out of the balls thrown their way.

McCaffrey will get on track as far as rushing yards again after the bye week. He will have at least one 150 yard game. I’m still predicting 1300-1400 yards and close to twenty touchdowns. Throw in another 600 yards receiving and maybe 8-10 TDs and he will come close to the all-time TD mark this year.

Warhawk_46

Master

I think by season’s end Thielen and Kelce will be over 1,000 yards. I’m also going to go say Kittle will reach it again. Kupp will go on a hot streak and might as well. Now my wildcard is Watson and Pierce. Both will reach 700-800 yards and with a couple monster games, maybe more. Both are starting to be utilized more and making the most out of the balls thrown their way.

McCaffrey will get on track as far as rushing yards again after the bye week. He will have at least one 150 yard game. I’m still predicting 1300-1400 yards and close to twenty touchdowns. Throw in another 600 yards receiving and maybe 8-10 TDs and he will come close to the all time single season mark.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think by season’s end Thielen and Kelce will be over 1,000 yards. I’m also going to go say Kittle will reach it again. Kupp will go on a hot streak and might as well. Now my wildcard is Watson and Pierce. Both will reach 700-800 yards and with a couple monster games, maybe more. Both are starting to be utilized more and making the most out of the balls thrown their way.

McCaffrey will get on track as far as rushing yards again after the bye week. He will have at least one 150 yard game. I’m still predicting 1300-1400 yards and close to twenty touchdowns. Throw in another 600 yards receiving and maybe 8-10 TDs and he will come close to the all time single season mark.

Our young receivers have to step up their level of play as Kupp, Kelce and Kittle are in their 30's! It looked like Renfrow was gonna be
a star until they benched him. Our guys need to stay healthy. I think Charlie Jones and Alex Pierce have the most potential of the young
guys. I would add Andy Isabella if he ever actually gets to play again. It's the changing of the guard soon and we need more young white
stars at both the wide receivers postiion and the running backs position.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It's much more enjoyable just posting these videos rather than trying to explain what happened in real time.

Velus Jones was the Bears 3rd round draft pick in 2022. I believe he was the Bears first pick last year. Overaged, can't catch the ball, but looks the part and runs fast in a straight line.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Will The Genius make a play now for Hunter Renfrow? Highly, highly unlikely. I do find it funny that Weenieworld called Bourne's modest stats those of a "breakout season."

Patriots WR Kendrick Bourne suffered a torn ACL in the team’s Week 8 loss to the Dolphins, ending his season.
The worst was confirmed for Bourne on Monday. The veteran receiver exited in the fourth quarter of Sunday’s loss after going down after a catch and immediately grabbing his right knee. Bourne, 28, was pacing for a breakout season in his this year with the Patriots, catching 37 passes for 406 yards and four touchdowns through eight games. The veteran receiver is in the final year of a three-year, $15 million contract but should have a chance to return in 2024 for the receiver-strapped Patriots. With Bourne now out for the season, rookie Demario Douglas will have some value off the waiver wire this week.

Warhawk_46

Master
I’d imagine Renfrow has been relegated to the heap of screwed over white players.

Still think Buffalo would be the best option as Beasley had success there and the black malcontent receiver is likely to chimp out before long.

ximasa

Guru
Anyway, good week for Wingard and Blackenship, both had an INT, Harrison Phillips is impactful on the field.

With Levis' arm talent, the prome D Hop is back and more snaps for Kyle, why not! Tannehill will find a place to go.

Purdy was hyped after his first cfb season, but dropped steadily so he fell to mr.irrelevant of his draft class, this time he needs more adjustments, niners can't wait.

TwentyTwo

Master
Pre kickoff showcasing the Top 2 Defenders in tonights game...D'Ends Aidan Hutchinson vs Maxx Crosby for "bragging rights for Michigan". Respected by opposing teams BOTH are "relentless".

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Don't know if anyone else saw this, Rookie TE Michael Mayer gave Hutchison all he wanted on that first series. Once knocking Hutch on his A$$!!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Rumor that Jameis will be traded to the vikings. That makes them immediately unwatchable and the black gm is pulling the strings much like the browns black gm with the black qb turnover on the roster.

Snow Plow

Mentor
LBers Luke Masterson rips the ball away .....Robert Spillane on the recovery!

Jimmy G throws an INT
Well, we know Adams has been whining for some throws to come his way. Renfrow has no chance with this premadonna.