2023 Indoor Season

sprintstar

Mentor
it is quite possible it is Bolings coach pulling the strings....but he could also want to do the 200/400m himself. Remember coaches need points at Champs to enhance their standing and keep their contract...No Boiling in the 60m decreases points.....

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Ceccarelli upsets Jacobs in the 60 metres at the Italian Championships in Ancona​

3.png
Posted by: Watch Athletics
Monday, 20 February 2023
Samuele%20Ceccarelli%20and%20marcell%20jacobs%20(1)__800x450.jpg

Samuele Ceccarelli took a surprising win in the men’s 60 metres at the Italian Indoor Championships in Ancona in his lifetime best of 6.54, beating Olympic 100 metres champion Marcell Jacobs, who improved his seasonal best to 6.55. Ceccarelli made a major breakthrough this year when he broke the 6.6 barrier for the first time in his career, clocking 6.58 at the ISTAF Indoor meeting in Berlin. The 23-year-old Italian sprinter moves to third in the European indoor seasonal list.

“I did not expect to win the first national title ahead of Jacobs. I have no words to describe what I feel. I knew that I was in good shape, but the idea of competing against such a great star like Jacobs cannot be compared to everything else. I started with athletics late at the age of 16. I only practiced karate since I was seven”, said Ceccarelli.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
it is quite possible it is Bolings coach pulling the strings....but he could also want to do the 200/400m himself. Remember coaches need points at Champs to enhance their standing and keep their contract...No Boiling in the 60m decreases points.....
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better for Boling to train for the 400m as he did in high school. In high school he was unbeatable in the 100m, even though he trained for the 400m.
Fred Kerley and now Michael Norman, have taken their 400m talents and training and moved down to the 100m.
Also Shericka Jackson of Jamaica.
Even Usain Bolt was a 400m sprinter, before moving down to the 100m.
There may be something in the strength and speed endurance training of the 400m, that really helps these naturally fast guys hold their form and speed at the end of the 100m.

mastermulti

Master
Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn't be better for Boling to train for the 400m as he did in high school. In high school he was unbeatable in the 100m, even though he trained for the 400m.
Fred Kerley and now Michael Norman, have taken their 400m talents and training and moved down to the 100m.
Also Shericka Jackson of Jamaica.
Even Usain Bolt was a 400m sprinter, before moving down to the 100m.
There may be something in the strength and speed endurance training of the 400m, that really helps these naturally fast guys hold their form and speed at the end of the 100m.
Interesting thought. Yes, traditionally it's been age faded 100 sprinters moving up to 400 (Raelene Boyle, Irina Privalova) but maybe 400 strength and endurance gained when young hangs around a bit longer than pure 100 metre speed. So perhaps training for the 100 would be less taxing compared to what the 400 athlete has been through.
I remember Dafne Schippers as an example of a heptathlete finding training for 100/200 a breeze in comparison.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
And Karsten Warholm was a decathlete before focusing full-time on the 400m hurdles.

Warhawk_46

Master
Not sure but it's probably some stupid reason like with the long jumper Tentoglou. Anti White Hatred is rapant
worldwide. It's sad to see but if it brings europeans worldwide together in UNITY FINALLY it will be a good thing.
Whites must learn to think like minorities as we are a minority worldwide with under 10 percent of all humans that
are white. In all of our home lands the same thing is happening and we will not have a majority anywhere. That is when
it gets really dangerous. With UNITY we can no only survive but thrive. Take pride in your heritage.

Ok back to track. My fear with Matthew Boling is that his coach has moved him away from the 60 and 100 meters as a
permanent decision. I hope this isn't true but he hasn't run a 60 meters race all indoor season. So he won't be eligible to
even run it at the SEC Indoor Champs next weekend as far as I know. Hope I'm wrong. I feel like the coach wants him to be
a 200/400 guy. Now he would do fine in both of those but the 100/200 is far more important. He is the first american white
sprinter to go sub 10 and sub 20 wind legal last year. Please don't let this be true. We need him in the short sprints! It's far
more important than to have another Jeremy Wariner type guy.
His coach at Georgia is horrible. I know there was concern when he enrolled there that they wouldn’t know what to do with such an elite talent and his career has so far illustrated that. He has the ability to consistently go under 10sec in the 100 and potential Good Medal ability in the 200. 300s will build his stamina for the 200 but a lot of his issues is slower starts.

mastermulti

Master
sadly, I can understand where a coach (who is paid to get results) would get scared off by a 60m/100m guy who gets lots of slow starts

white lightning

Hall of Famer
sadly, I can understand where a coach (who is paid to get results) would get scared off by a 60m/100m guy who gets lots of slow starts
Boling ran a 6.56 at 21 years of age to go along with his 9.98 wind legal over 100 meters. So it's a bit early to say he could never
be a good starter. It's not like he is 30 years of age. I have to disagree my friend as it's too soon to give up on his short sprints potential
in my opinion.

sprintstar

Mentor
having run a few 60m races myself if your start is off even a hair it kills your race for the most part...60m is not a long enough race to overcome a hair slow start...

If I was Boling I would seriously consider transferring schools or going pro at the end of the 2023 outdoor season....

mastermulti

Master
having run a few 60m races myself if your start is off even a hair it kills your race for the most part...60m is not a long enough race to overcome a hair slow start...

If I was Boling I would seriously consider transferring schools or going pro at the end of the 2023 outdoor season....
and if you find yourself playing catchup it's hard to run your own race anyway. So a slow start usually leads to poorer execution and a struggle - and we know what "struggling" does to top end speed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
and if you find yourself playing catchup it's hard to run your own race anyway. So a slow start usually leads to poorer execution and a struggle - and we know what "struggling" does to top end speed.
No one is denying that. How do you get a better start and drive phase? Hmm let me think. Oh I got it. You run alot more 60 meters
races and work on the start and drive phase in practice. His start won't hurt him over 200, 300 or 400 meters. He has said he loves
the 100 & 200 meters. Well if you love the 100 to get better you need a good start there too. Yes you can come back easier than the
60 meters but even in the 100 the start can make or break your race when your racing against the best sprinters in the world. I would
have at least had the kid run two or three 60 meters this year to see how he did with the off season training. We never got to see what
would have happened as his coach didn't let him run a 60 meters all year long. l like the fewer races but not getting rid of the 60 meters.

Last edited:

booth

Mentor
I don't have any knowledge of how a track team is coached, but Boling has a new head coach and she has been successful in the past with women's teams. I know they have assistants to help them. I have read comments under his videos that some of his hometown friends in Houston have asked him to transfer to the University of Houston to train with Carl Lewis.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So I double checked the start lists for the 2023 SEC Indoor Champs.

Matthew Boling is only in the 200 meters and the 4 x 400 Meters Relay Team. That's it!
No 60 meters, No 400 meters, No Long Jump. In such an important meet you would think
they would have at least entered him in the 60 or the 400 meters for points. Nope. Well
I guess all we can hope for is for him to run the fastest 200 meters time of his life. Not much
else to get excited about. Bring on the outdoor season I can't wait. I just hope that his coach
doesn't tell him he can't run the 100 meters anymore. That would be devestating!

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
No one is denying that. How do you get a better start and drive phase? Hmm let me think. Oh I got it. You run alot more 60 meters
races and work on the start and drive phase in practice. His start won't hurt him over 200, 300 or 400 meters. He has said he loves
the 100 & 200 meters. Well if you love the 100 to get better you need a good start there too. Yes you can come back easier than the
60 meters but even in the 100 the start can make or break your race when your raciing against the best sprinters in the world. I would
have at least had the kid run two or three 60 meters this year to see how he did with the off season training. We never got to see what
would have happened as his coach didn't let him run a 60 meters all year long. l like the fewer races but not getting rid of the 60 meters.
This.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another young german sprinter to keep a close eye on is 20 year old Felix Kunstein. He has already run 6.64 indoors which
is a very fine time and a great base to build on this summer.

iu

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck, 6.57 60m, in the heats at the ACC Championships
Outstanding. Cole Beck ran a 6.64 several weeks ago. This is a great time & gives him a good chance in the finals. It's his
senior year so why not go out with a bang! Good luck to him tommorow.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In All of Europe 17 year old Marek Zakrzewski is off to a great start. First off he won't be 18 until December.

Despite his very young age if you look at the European Top Lists for Mens Under 20 Years of Age he stands out. As
of today this incredibly talented 17 year old phenom is 2nd in the 60 meters with a time of 6.70! Then over 200 meters
Marek is also in 2nd place with a time of 21.07! The leaders barely have him beat and they are both a year older than him.

Not many kids in the world can run this fast at such a young age. I just hope he progresses and continues to grow & get stronger.
I've seen far too many elite young sprinters that hit a wall and then they dissapear and vanish. Hoping this kid is different and he
will continue to shock & amazing the track world!

maxres.jpg

booth

Mentor
Matt Boling ran a 20.63 to qualify for today's 200-meter finals. It was the 4th fastest time posted. He will race in the finals today at 6:35 pm. This was the first 200-meter race he ran in the SEC this year.

freedom1

Mentor
I looked at Boling's 6.56 again this morning. He was in the last lane and got a bad start. To me, he has a significant upside in that event.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Very good race for Mary Beth.
The winner was a man-ish and muscular woman. Not quite Caster Semenya, but kind of in that direction.
Block out the long hair and look at the face. Now look that the hips and torso look like a mans. It's so common
these days as our rulers push the transgender propaganda. They worship Baphomet(half male & half female false god)
iu

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck won the 200 meters championship at the 2023 ACC Indoor Champs. Beck then today took 2nd place and the silver medal
in the mens 60 meters. He ran a time of 6.60! Good weekend for the very talented senior from Virginia Tech.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
One guy for the near future to keep an eye on is Kentucky Sophmore Brandon Miller. He finished 2nd to Boling yesterday in the mens
200 meters and pushed him most of the way. He has run only 10.41 legal but had a slightly windy 10.25 time. Even more impressive
is his outdoor p.b. of 20.47 last year. Miller also has a windy 20.20 time just barely over the 2.0 wind time at 2.3! The kid has already
won a bronze medal at the World Under 20 Championships in the 4 x 100 Relay and finished in 5th in the 200 meters.

I can see Brandon Miller smashing all of his personal bests this year. I will predict wind legal times of 10.25 and 20.25.
14948662.jpg

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
From a track and field message board:
" . . . but Wisconsin-La Crosse's Sam Blaskowski won the 60 in 6.65 and then ran 21.29 to win the 200 on a flat 200m track at the WIAC meet. That broke the facility (UW-Stout) record of 21.53 set by Andrew Rock in 2004. Rock turned out to be pretty decent..."

Please note that a flat track is much slower than a banked track.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling was beat again today. He just barely hung on for 2nd place by 1/100th of a second. Boling ran a 20.44 for second place
in the 2023 SEC Indoor Championships Mens 200 Meters Finals. He is alot slower than the last year or two. The coach in my opinion went
from one extreme(overracing) to underracing. Boling is not in the type of shape he should be at this stage. With multiple losses in
races this year I hope it really motivates him to come on strong in the outdoor season. That is where is really counts and that is what will
make him millions if he can constistantly go sub 10 and sub 20's. He is along ways away from that currently. At least he won't have to
worry about the NCAA Indoor Champs or at least I hope not. It's his senior year and his last chance to go out with a bang outdoors. So
I hope that coach and him work things out soon as he isn't dominant like he was last year. Time to scale up the training and races soon.
Especially as we get into April.

It's still a very fast time for Boling so it's not the end of the world. The Kentucky Sophmore Brandon Miller who I mentioned above ran
a new p.b. of 20.68 for 6th place. I'm excited to see how he does outdoors too!

Here is the race.

Last edited: