2023 Indoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
High Schooler Aria Pearce (8th grader - 14 yr old?), ran in a college meet a few days ago.
Her times were 7.57 for the 60m and 24.83 in the 200m.

The winner in both races was Isabella Hohl of Washburn University. She ran 7.48 and 24.74.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We are just 1 week away from the start of Georgia's Indoor Track Season. It's gonna be fun to see how Matthew Boling does
this year. This is his last chance to tear up the NCAA. Alot of tough competition but hopefully he rises to the occasion!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have a young slovenian sprinter to keep an eye out for over the next decade. His name is Anej Curin Prapotnik and he is only 19 years old.
The kid has already run 6.73 this year which isn't bad for his age group. He has a 10.38 p.b. outdoors from last summer which is modest but
with his age and his body growing and maturing from a boy to a man in the next few years I see big strides coming. I think he will run in the
6.60's range this year and dip into the 10.20's outdoors this summer. Again he is only 19 so give him time. Everyone develops at their own rate
and he is right where he needs to be in my honest opinion so far. I have high hopes for this kid down the road.
iu

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is 19 year old Anej Curin Parpotnik just missing a new p.b of 10.30 as the wind was 2.1 just over the allowable wind.

I have been following track for a long time. Can someone explain to me why the top indoor men's 60 meter time is only 6 71 ? Usually by now the US and most countries are participating at full strength. Also the top 7 world 400 meter indoor times are being held by white Europeans. The last 10 years or so there have not been many good white 400 runners out there. Their times aren't great but there ain't any blacks running fast times either. Strange.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I have been following track for a long time. Can someone explain to me why the top indoor men's 60 meter time is only 6 71 ? Usually by now the US and most countries are participating at full strength. Also the top 7 world 400 meter indoor times are being held by white Europeans. The last 10 years or so there have not been many good white 400 runners out there. Their times aren't great but there ain't any blacks running fast times either. Strange.
It's still too early. This weekend is when college track officially starts in the NCAA.

Over in Europe they haven't had any major indoor track meets yet. There is some in about 2 weeks. Once we get towards the end of January
things will pick up everywhere.

The lack of talent by whites in the 400 meters is sad but the competition has been just off the charts the last decade or so with the old world
record of Michael Johnson being broke. You have to run in the mid to high 43's now to medal. Never see a time like this before. Hoping
some men and women will rise up to a higher level soon. Femke Bol has proven she is one of the best in the world at the 400 meters hurdles
but also when she runs the 400 meters flat.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling is only entered in the 300 meters for this weekends Clemson Invite Track Meet. He has stiff competition and he should
be pushed. No idea what to expect as Boling as never run a 300 meters in his life. Wish he was running the 60 or 200 meters but we will
have to wait till next weekend for that. I really hope he gives up the long jump this year. Even with his talent at the 400 meters I would
prefer to see him stay specifically in the sprints. 60 and 200 meters with the relays. Then 100 and 200 meters outdoors. His coach also needs
to limit his races early in the year. Outdoors is where it counts and running all these extra races just burns the kid out. Not worth it.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Cole Beck opens up his season with a 6.66 60m 1st place at the Virginia Tech Invitational.
Great time for his first race of the year.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Cole Beck opens up his season with a 6.66 60m 1st place at the Virginia Tech Invitational.
Great time for his first race of the year.
Still hard to believe he couldn’t have found a spot as a wideout for v tech w that speed

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Someone to watch this year from a smaller school is Super Sophmore Sam Blaskowski. This kid can flat out fly on the
track and in the long jumps. My love of sprinting wants him to stick with mostly sprinting!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
"Matthew Boling to No. 3 all-time collegian at 300m with a 32.40 at Clemson"

freedom1

Mentor
Someone to watch this year from a smaller school is Super Sophmore Sam Blaskowski. This kid can flat out fly on the
track and in the long jumps. My love of sprinting wants him to stick with mostly sprinting!

Wow, I never heard of this guy. I just looked him up. He has a PB of 10.14 in the 100 as a freshman!!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
"Matthew Boling to No. 3 all-time collegian at 300m with a 32.40 at Clemson"

Boling is really a talented sprinter - great at the 100m, 200m, and 400m.
Steiner is similar. She ran a 51.70 400m yesterday. I think her first 400m since high school.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling is really a talented sprinter - great at the 100m, 200m, and 400m.
Steiner is similar. She ran a 51.70 400m yesterday. I think her first 400m since high school.
When you look at a sprinter like Fred Kerley, it shows the potential upside of both Matthew Boling and Abby Steiner. I think
Abby Steiner is closer than Boling currently but they both are elite sprinters at the top of the bell curve!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Checking the world leading lists, I see Kolbeinn Hoour Gunnarsson of Iceland with a fine 60m time of 6.68. Never heard of this guy before, and he's 27 yrs old.
Also Alisha Rees of Scotland, broke her own 60m Scottish record with a time of 7.27.
Mary Beth Price has run 7.26, but at altitude.

I'm not a 300 meter fan but Northern Iowa has a junior sprinter in Parker Kweitek who just won an invitational in 32.72. He has an outdoor best 200 meters at 20 56 an a 26_10 long jump. Not to bad. He is an old 20 tears old so there is room for improvement

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Germany had a few of their sprinters open up their indoor season. Some good early results.

22 Years Old Sprinter Yannick Wolf ran a 6.60 which is the fastest in Europe so far this season.
iu

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some good results from last weekend indoors in Europe.

German Sprinters

Yannnick Wolf 6.60
Aleksandr Askovic 6.66

Italian Sprinters

Samule Ceccarelli 6.62
Luca Lai 6.65

white lightning

Hall of Famer
8th Grader Aria Pearce set a new Kansas High School Record in the 200 meters. She also finished 2nd in the 60 meters against
grown women. This girl could very well be the next Abby Steiner. She has her own youtube channel too! Congrats Aria!