2023 Indoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bingtian Su is still at it, at the age of 33.
He ran 6.59 60m in Sweden.
I have the utmost respect for Bingtian Su. I've never seen him be anything but a distinguished gentleman on and off the track. He also is
in the top 6 fastest 60 meters times ever run. He has an official time of 6.42 as his fastest 60 meter race in the record books. On top of that
he ran a reported 6.29 in the first 60 meters of his record breaking 9.83 race in the championships. Incredible sprinter and a nice person.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
I hope Su Bingtian has another Olympics in him.
They're only a year and a half away and in Paris (100 years after they were held there last time)

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Here's the video of Su's race. Strongly challenged by Hiroshida of Japan.

Warhawk_46

Master
I have the utmost respect for Bingtian Su. I've never seen him be anything but a distinguished gentleman on and off the track. He also is
in the top 6 fastest 60 meters times ever run. He has an official time of 6.42 as his fastest 60 meter race in the record books. On top of that
he ran a reported 6.29 in the first 60 meters of his record breaking 9.83 race in the championships. Incredible sprinter and a nice person.
He is a prime example of class, on and off the track.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Kranz of Germany ran a time of 6.63 today. He has been in the low 6.50's before a year or two ago. I hope he can regain that form
again soon. I've always thought in my mind that most guys that run sub 10's are in the the 6.45 - 6.55 range in the 60 meters. Not all but
most sprinters. It can be the difference between a 10.10 and a time of 10.00 or 9.99! Just my thoughts.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
German Sprinter Julian Wagner is just too good to be held down for long. He ran a 6.56 today in Germany! :ole:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Femke Bol set a WR in the 500m today at the New Balance meet in Boston.
Keely Hodgkinson set a WR in the 600m about 2 weeks ago.
These aren't regularly contested distances, but still a World Record is a World Record!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Pia Skrzyszowska of Poland ran a World leading time today of 7.78 in women's 60m hurdles.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm very happy to here about all the ladies tearing up the track and setting world records to boot!

The Washington Mens 1500 meters and mile distance team had a meet where they made history. Something
like 7 guys on the team all went sub 4.00 minutes in their race. This has never happened before and they are
as white as snow. Very talented runners group they have.

In the sprints it's been a great start to the first month of the season. After a horrible year for our men & women last year so
many have bounced back in a big way setting new personal best times over the 60 meters races.

Coby Hilton 6.51

Henrik Olsson 6.56

Julian Wagner 6.56

Dominik Kopek 6.56

Then we have alot of guys in the 6.60 - 6.64 range.

Matthew Boling hasn't ran his first 60 yet but I'm expecting a time in the 6.50's as well. I would personally love to see a couple of
our guys break that 6.50 barrier over this short sprint distance. Only 2 white sprinters ever have. Morne Nagle & Richard Kilty. I would
like to see some more of our guys hit those rare times in the 6.40's! It still amazes me that both Nagle & Kilty never went sub 10.
They came close especially Kilty with his 10.01! Even Julian Reus of Germany was so close with a 6.51 in the 60 and 10.01 in the 100 meters.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's been a little over a month of the indoor track scene. Two US Sprinters we have enjoyed watching for many years now are no
where to be found. Both Devin Quinn and Zach Jewell have vanished from the scene. They may have moved on to another career.
It is possible they are waiting for the outdoor season but it's unlikely they wouldn't at least want to race once or twice indoors. Hope
my guess is wrong as they both have so much talent. It's sad however that without sponsors most guys choose to enter the normal
working world. Will still keep an eye out for both of them just incase. If they are done sprinting all I can say is thanks for the memories.
Quinn had a p.b. of 10.01 and Jewell a 10.09!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Karsten Warholm ran a world leading time of 45.31 in the 400m today in Norway.

maxres.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There's a track meet in Poland tommorow. I hate how only the women are running the 60 meters. No mens race. I see this more and more. There is no excuse for it as it takes no extra set up time for the men to race too. The womens field is loaded. I hope Swoboda does well.

There are alot of young polish men sprinters and I just wish I could see them compete at home.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Tentoglou out to a whooping 8.40m (27ft, 6-3/4in) in the Long Jump in Poland!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Tentoglou out to a whooping 8.40m (27ft, 6-3/4in) in the Long Jump in Poland!
Probably the best long jumper we've had since Greg Rutherford. I would like to see him go 8.50 - 8.60 indoors and then
finally have that record breaking season this summer. I think he has a 1 to 3 year window with a slight chance to still break
the world record. He has a long ways to go but the potential is there. He makes it look so easy and Rutherford was a faster
sprinter than him. Tentoglou just seems to fly effortlessly though even with a little less speed.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
English Sprinter Charles Dobson opened his inoor season today with a 6.61 time in France. Good Opener for him. Can he stay healthy
is always the question with Dobson? His talent is off the charts if his body can hold up. Dobson is only 23 years of age.

One of his British Teammates Oliver Bromby ran a 6.64 with another teammate veteran Andrew Robertson ran a 6.62. We have also
mentioned Bristish Sprinter Adam Thomas who also has run 6.61 The British like the Germans have alot of nice white sprinters.

Last edited:

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
not sure if this should go in the high school thread or here (so mods feel free to move).

Aria Pierce, now 14 years, is still showing big improvements on the track. she recently set a track record whilst running at a small nearby university.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Guys I'm so excited. I hope he can handle the pressure of racing against the best olympic sprinters for the first time on national tv. Our
main man Coby Hilton is running in the mens 60 meters finals at the Millrose Games on Saturday. Wow this is amazing. The pressure
may just be a bit too much and I wouldn't be suprised if he underperforms. This is an honor for him and if somehow he throws down a race
against these guys it will open doors for him everywhere going forward. A tall task but this will be fun to watch! Good luck Coby Hilton! :)

Start List​

UCS
Ln/Pos
Athlete
PB
SB

USA.png
USA
Noah Lyles
adidas

USA.png
USA
Josephus Lyles
adidas

2023 Millrose Games Mens 60 Meters Finals

USA.png
USA
Christian Coleman
Nike

PUR.png
PUR
Miles Lewis
Puerto Rico

USA.png
USA
Kendal Williams
adidas

USA.png
USA
Coby Hilton
USA

JAM.png
JAM
Travis Williams
University at Albany

USA.png
USA
Nyckoles Harbor
Washington-DC

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There is a big meet in Germany this weekend. I'm happy to see both Julian Wagner and Kevin Kranz running in the 60 meters. The sad
thing is that they also have 3 other black imported sprinters running over other german sprinters who deserve to be there as well.

22 year old Yannick Wolf has already run 6.60 this year and he has not been invited. The same with his german teammate Aleksandr Askovic!
Why would they not have 2 of the top sprinters run at home in Germany? This doesn't happen to the other guys even when they have
slower times. It's just not fair and I wanted to point it out. My only guess is that they want to keep Wolf as more of a long jumper. To me
his talent is met for the sprints.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Julian Wagner went 6.55 in the opening heats to qualify for the final. Another new p.b. for him.

Here is the link to the 2023 ISTAF Meet in Germany still live right now.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Men's 60m final

POSNAMENATRESULT
1PRESCOD ReeceGBR6.49 MR=WLPB
2HARTMANN JoshuaGER6.53 PB
3WAGNER JulianGER6.56
4CECCARELLI SamueleITA6.58 PB
5ANSAH OwenGER6.59 PB
6AZU JeremiahGBR6.68

white lightning

Hall of Famer
2023 Millrose Track Meet Live on Youtube. We will see Abby Steiner, Jenna Prandinni, Mary Beth Sant Price and
Coby Hilton among others. Hope for some hot track action!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Quick update on the Millrose Games.

Mary Beth Sant Price finished in 3rd place running a 7.11 so that's a fine performance. She started her season a little later so it's just rust
as she has run much faster the last few years. Very good opener for her.

Coby Hilton had a horrible start. Worst start of his year and that's because he never raced against Olympic Stars. I knew it would happen. Despite being last out of the blocks and trailing the leader by .12 after only 10 meters of the race he came on strong as he settled down. He finished with a time of 6.63 for 6th place. Not what we had hoped for but he didn't embarass himself. With a normal start he would have been in the 6.58 to 6.60 range in my opinion. Maybe better as he was stuck in quick sand on the blocks due to nerves. Still proud of the kid.

In the Boys Fastest High School 60 Meters Race we had a little better result.

Brody Buffington took 2nd running a very fast time of 6.66!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hilton has to fix his starts. Even when Noah Lyles false started he was asleep in the blocks that time too. Twice in one day. I will say
that once he hits tops speed he is gaining or equal with the other guys. Just was too much ground to make up in a short race.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Atrocious start by Hilton.
Reminds me of Christophe Lemaitre, and not in a good way.