NFL Combine

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The DB's seemed to disappoint all the caste weenies today with their crap 40 times

backrow

Hall of Famer
was there any white d-backs at all at this year's combine??

overall, the guy that really flashed most athleticism (outside of Hartline, who's extremely agile but he himself was disappointed with his 40 although he was top in 3 other drills) was Connor Barwin. Grats to him!
smiley32.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
was there any white d-backs at all at this year's combine??

I didn't see any, but only watched for about 20 minutes so far today. What I heard was endless excuses for the poor 40 times of the CBs along with the mandatory praising of their great athleticism.

Deion claimed that the CBs were running slow because they weren't warming up sufficiently. Another time he blamed a "dead" atmosphere in the stadium. Another excuse was that the WRs know how to run better or something nonsensical like that. Mayock was chirping about how the ploddersare "quicker than they are fast," another subjective description that is almost never applied to white football players at any position.

Tell us again, Caste System, why whites are permanently barred from playing cornerback. . . Edited by: Don Wassall

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Malcom Jennings, the CB from Ohio State really screwed himself at the combine.

After all was said and done, he ran a 4.6 40, which is simply pathetic for a cover corner. With the NFL's infinate lust for "speed," it's really ironic to watch the dozens of highly touted RB's and CB's run 40 times similar to a good player at your average American H.S.

If Jennings, along with theRB's who embarressed themselves a few days ago, are drafted and play CB and RB with those 40 times, there will no longer bethe standard "too slow"excuse.

Oh wait, when "god's chosen affletes" can't run faster than your average athlete walking the street....its because "they're just football players!"Edited by: Thrashen

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Dang the media may have set the "athletic" bar to high for their "affletes" this year.
smiley32.gif
I love it! Instead of picking on whites they are busy defending their beloved stars.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Behind all his bluster I think he was afraid that someone would call him a "racist" because Caste Football had a favorable opinion of an article that he had published.  The fear of being called the "R" word drives a lot of behavior in the U.S.

Indeed it does! As soon as some candy@$$, Marxist lib or typical "brutha"/"sistuh" pull out the "R word", the indoctrinated, castrated White milquetoasts begin to stammer & p--s themselves in fear!
smiley7.gif

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
So CB Malcolm Jenkins runs a 4.55 and last year Brandon Flowers, of fairly small stature to boot, ran a 4.56.

Jenkins is still expected to be taken by the end of the first round by many and Flowers was taken early 2nd round last year.

Even the ONE position good top-end football speed is crucial sees non-speed-burner blacks as big time prospects just about every year.

BTW the average combine 40 time for CBs last year was 4.47 electronic timed (a little faster than this year), but I've seen some 1st round CBs with identical or slower speed than Eric Weddle last year too.

Aqib Talib for instance ran equal to Weddle's time at 4.48 last year (there was another black 1st round CB, who it was eludes me (maybe McKelvin?), last yr. running about a 4.5 flat) and was famous on our board for getting burned by Jordy Nelson a '07 game.

Weddle should have been media famous for holding Calvin Johnson to one catch matched up one to one with him in college and been a first round CB himself, but we all know the story; he's a second round safety despite seeming to be a more natural CB IMO.

BTW Weddle ran a 1.43 10 yard dash at the Combine which used to be an NFLdraftscout.com record until Chris Johnson broke it last yr. The man is VERY explosive!

j41181

Master
Not really an expert here, but there have been whites who can run a 4.45 (don't remember who), it's just frustrating not to see any white running-backs, and corner-backs out there.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Actually there have been whites who have run faster than 4.45. Matt Jones ran a 4.37 at the combine which is unbelievable speed for a guy his size. He has to be one of the fastest players in the NFL. Don Beebe if I remember correctly ran a 4.3. Travis Jervey was a 4.3 guy. Kevin Curtis has run a 4.3 Danny Woodhead has run a 4.3. Bill Schroeder was another beast. Luke Staley could run in the low 4.4's. I am sure there are alot more. This is off the top of my head.

j41181

Master
Great list there WA33!

Even with this irrefutable evidences, it will not anytime reverse any caste trends in sports as ABSprinter has been saying lately. I would like to believe though.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
There have been numerous other white players but I can't think of any at this point. ToughJRiggins and JimmyChitwood are the experts on this subject. Jason Sehorn was probably in the 4.4 range. I can also give your several instances where a white was the fastest on the team. Tim Dwight, Travis Jervey, Bill Schroeder were the fastest players on their teams at some point in there careers. Curtis may be the fastest player on the Eagles though DeSean Jackson may be faster.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I don't think we have an actual white CB in the NFL today. I am not sure about Steve Gregory. We do have some safeties but not cover corners.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Actually there have been whites who have run faster than 4.45. Matt Jones ran a 4.37 at the combine which is unbelievable speed for a guy his size. He has to be one of the fastest players in the NFL. Don Beebe if I remember correctly ran a 4.3. Travis Jervey was a 4.3 guy. Kevin Curtis has run a 4.3 Danny Woodhead has run a 4.3. Bill Schroeder was another beast. Luke Staley could run in the low 4.4's. I am sure there are alot more. This is off the top of my head.

Yeah: Great list whiteathlete33: Matt Jones had a 39.5 inch vertical at his size as well. Don Bebee actually ran a 4.2. It's listed in the "Trying to Convine Drunk White Fans" article thread. It was before they did electronic editing I believe though, but Bebee is tied for the second fastest 40 time of all time with Deion; if you count times back then. Bo Jackson ran a 4.18 around the same time, according to a video I saw, it may have been a different surface back then too.

Woodhead ran a 4.33 and 4.38 at his Pro-day with an insane 1.44 10 yard split (also has run a 10.5 100 meter I believe, but typically Pro-day times are a little faster, but he is still w/o a doubt a sub-4.45 guy).

Kevin Curtis ran a hand-timed 4.28, but ran a 4.41 at the combine. Sam McGuffie ran an ELECTRONIC 4.32 40 yard dash in H.S, but the H.S combines seem to test a little faster than Pro. '09 draft class back Stan Zwinggi runs consistently in the 4.3 range and would have burned the other RBs this year's times. Jake Sharp ran a 4.38 40, but it was only timed by his coaches. Sharp also ran a 10.4x 100 meter in H.S according to Scout.com.

Tim Dwight ran a 10.2x 100 meter if I recall and may have been the fastest guy in the entire NFL for a while, just as Bebee may have been in his day. Jervey placed 4th in the entire NFL in the fastest man competition especially amazing with his large frame.

Kevin Kasper "The Ghost" ran a sub 4.45 (4.43?) and has the combine record in the short shuttle and might still have it in the long shuttle. Dustin Fox ran a 4.45, but has an insane 43.5 inch vertical, that's even better than Nate "Dunk Master" Robinson.

I could keep going on for ever with a list of white athletic freaks, but lot's of the white guys who run sub 4.45 aren't famous b/c they either sat on the bench in the FBS or played in the lower levels (ie. Stan Zwinggi, Brad Mueller; 4.26 H.S combine time; etc.). Some white speedsters in the FBS bulk up to Safety even though they are really natural CBs.

The thing that strikes me as odd is that freakish top-end speed doesn't always translate to a sub 4.4 40. Justin Gatlin tried out for the NFL and was timed a 4.41 if I recall. He'd burn McGuffie over 100 meters, but Sam has a better 20 yard burst on astro turf it would seem.

This is definitely my obsession.
smiley36.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
And don't forget CFL rookie of the year Weston Dressler; he would have been almost definitely a sub 4.4 guy at the combine and runs a 10.4x 100 meter I believe.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Wow Tim Dwight ran a 10.2! I didn't know he was that fast. Also there was a cornerback a year or two ago for BYU that didn't get drafted. I can't remember his name but he was very fast.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I think Dwight ran a high 10.2, I only heard it on the Scout.com Iowa message board; so it may not be accurate. They were of course comparing Dwight as a freakish Iowa H.S RB to Brandon Wegher; what else is new; compare white to white.

dwid

Hall of Famer
and man, ive only seen tim dwight a few times, but one old game i was watching, it was special teams or something, i dont remember, this guy on the other team was outrunning everybody and was going to score a touchdown and tim dwight came out of nowhere looked like superman compared to everyone else and tackled this guy. Just was running wild, i was convinced he was the fastest football player i have seen in a long time, at least at long straight speed. It had to be when he played for the chargers because i dont know of any other old games i wouldve downloaded, i think i had it because of Brees.Edited by: dwid

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
I was watching yesterday when one of the highly touted RBs ran a 4.81.  Not a word was said about it, they just started their usual blabber about the next one as he began lining up to run. 

When they do downplay 40 times, as they've been doing for obvious reasons at this year's Combine, they always mention Jerry Rice or Anquan Boldin.  At some level the Caste clowns are aware of the hypocrisy and double standards they're spouting when it comes to race but that's the 800 pound gorilla in the room.  No one can credibly say whites lack the intelligence, work ethic, strength, stamina, hand-eye coordination and other attributes needed to play football; it's always about speed.  So when that favorite standby is discarded, the Big Lie behind the artificial black domination of the NFL is more obvious.  Of course it will take the equivalent of a jackhammer to break through the thoroughly indoctrinated skulls of most of the DWFs.
Is it me or is Jabba the Hut the most biased and entrenched in his views. If a black player under performs in a drill. He blurts" I don't care can he play football". Meanwhile when his "pet" Pat White does a drill well he was howling how he was such an athlete. Dukes might be more predictable than the other crew members....
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif
Edited by: white is right

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
there have actually been TWO white cornerbacks from BYU who have run sub-4.4 40s in recent years. you could be meaning either Brandon Heaney or Nate Soelberg.

Heaney was the second fastest defensive back eligible for the draft the year he came out, as i recall. Soelberg was THE fastest defensive back the year he was draft-eligible. the NFL completely ignored both of them.

the list of white tailbacks who got screwed over despite running 4.4s and faster is longer than my leg, but prominent on the list are Jesse Lumsden, Roger "the Rabbit" Robinson, Dan Pugh, Danny Woodhead, Sean Bennett, Chad Brinker, etc. and so forth.

white receivers who ran 4.4 40s and faster (many at the Combine) but still got jerked around or ignored by the NFL include:

Dave Klemic 4.38; Klemic was undrafted, but he is famous for challenging the former face of electrifying speed in the NFL Dante Hall to a foot race in Chiefs training camp, and outrunning him. badly. twice!

Kevin Kasper 4.40
Richmond Flowers 4.40
Scott McCready 4.46
Eddie Berlin 4.46
Abram Booty 4.41
Brad Pyatt 4.38
David Kircus 4.47
Tom Crowder 4.25 (that's not a typo!)
Dan Sheldon 4.43
Matt Cutaia 4.35
Troy Bergeron 4.32
Jeremy Bloom 4.48
James Lukowiak 4.38
Matt Shelton 4.41
Scott Mayle 4.38
Johnny Quinn 4.44
Aaron Fairooz 4.49
Jesse Wendt 4.28 (that's not a typo, either!)

to see a more comprehensive and informative list of talented players who have gotten the shaft, please read this piece i did last year. the meat of the article concentrates on wide receivers, but near the bottom you will see a short list of tailbacks and defensive backs who posted elite numbers yet got completely ignored by the NFL.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
dwid said:
Im pretty sure Kevin Curtis ran a 4.35 at the combine.

That may have been his unofficial time; the electronically edited time from the Combine was listed as 4.41 by NFLdraftscout.com

But considering he was timed several times by Utah State coaches supposedly in the low 4.3s with a PB of 4.28; that may have been an off day for Curtis; the Combine times are usually only slightly slower.

Curtis absolutely blew me away in the Eagles-Cards game with that 50 yard reception where he reversed his field and blew by everyone like Usain Bolt does on the track. I swear I was seeing streaks come off the back of his shoes!
smiley32.gif