Kansas City Chiefs General Thread

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
He's apparently gotten very good council on dealing with his boneheadedness. Like others have mentioned above, I expect that legally he will get a slap on the wrist. From a $$ perspective though he will be selling that Lambo and 'Vette after they are fixed to settle the civil litigation coming his way from the injured parties and to offset his 4-6 game unpaid suspension from the NFL.

I didn't look up his specific numbers, but an early second round pick will generally make around $2 million a year for his first four years. A lot of money for you and me, but goes fast for people who spend foolishly like this fellow. Not to mention the cost of "makin' it rain" at the local strip clubs of which there are plenty of in his Dallas hometown.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Louis Rees-Zammit will “start off” as a running back.
The rugby superstar, who signed a three-year deal with the Chiefs in March, could be used at multiple positions in the KC offense, but will begin in the backfield. ESPN’s Adam Tiecher suggested the Chiefs “will look at Rees-Zammit at running back and perhaps wide receiver” and as a possible kick returner. That Rees-Zammit signed a three-year deal with guaranteed money means he’ll likely make the roster in 2024 and could see regular playing time. Reid conceded going from pro rugby to the NFL is “not an easy transition, but he seems to be wired” for the NFL game. Rees-Zammit is reportedly working with Patrick Mahomes in Texas before Kansas City’s official offseason workouts.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said Louis Rees-Zammit will “start off” as a running back.
The rugby superstar, who signed a three-year deal with the Chiefs in March, could be used at multiple positions in the KC offense, but will begin in the backfield. ESPN’s Adam Tiecher suggested the Chiefs “will look at Rees-Zammit at running back and perhaps wide receiver” and as a possible kick returner. That Rees-Zammit signed a three-year deal with guaranteed money means he’ll likely make the roster in 2024 and could see regular playing time. Reid conceded going from pro rugby to the NFL is “not an easy transition, but he seems to be wired” for the NFL game. Rees-Zammit is reportedly working with Patrick Mahomes in Texas before Kansas City’s official offseason workouts.

This is incredible news. If he gets along with Patrick Mahomes that can only boost his playing time even more. Great to here!

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
One of the things that Mahomes does that very few other QB's do. He rents facilities in Dallas and invites not only his current teammates but also potential draft picks and available WR's TE's and RB's. Justin Watson cemented his roster spots with his work here. Glad that Rees-Zammit is there, makes a huge difference. I haven't looked in to who else is there, be neat to see how many crackers are roaming the grounds.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Mahomes may be one ugly dude but he is a solid qb and does seem pretty white friendly. I guess being half white will do that to you

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I stumbled upon the pat macafee show on YouTube the other day talking about this guy. Kendrick Perkins didn’t seem too impressed. He wasn’t really sure if the Welshman was enough of a “dog”.
Honestly, this guy is an imbecilic embarrassment. I have no clue why anyone would want him on there as a commentator

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Good news! KP has a job because he is an AA hire
No doubt. What does that even mean? That Rees-Zammit is not going to have enough of an attitude? From looking at how the Euros are kicking ass in the NBA, they certainly are proper "dawgs" of "doggs", who's to say a wave of rugby stars won't turn out the same?

SneakyQuick

Mentor
No doubt. What does that even mean? That Rees-Zammit is not going to have enough of an attitude? From looking at how the Euros are kicking ass in the NBA, they certainly are proper "dawgs" of "doggs", who's to say a wave of rugby stars won't turn out the same?
Nothing better than that could happen to the nfl. Think about the country of Argentina alone. A nation of approximately 45 million people which is actually whiter than the us and is a decent but not top most tier rugby nation. If they produced ten - fifteen players a year that were nfl capable it would be amazing. And that is just one example.

Honestly if LRZ breaks in it really could be a game changer. Imagine the lateral plays that could be designed?

I think it would make the game not only whiter but potentially much more interesting

sprintstar

Mentor
I hope he does well but it remains to be seen how he handles the full on hitting of the NFL especially the "bruthas" that will go out of their way to hurt him as he is white...

Bob

I found an interesting interview with Louis Rees-Zammit on a podcast with one of his former Wales rugby teammates, Dan Biggar. (link here)

In the interview he talks about the transition from rugby training to football training, and how he ended up signing with Kansas City. He said it was most likely he would start out as a kick returner - while getting snaps on offence would depend on how quickly he could pick up the playbook (and the game itself).

He also talked about his 40 time (4.43 seconds), which he said he was a bit disappointed with.

"The 40 yard dash didn't go as I'd liked, I know I'd run way quicker in the lead-up to it. I was running high 4.2s, low 4.3s ... but it is what it is."

"I'm not a sprinter. I've never done track and field, I've never done athletics. I'm not used to running in a straight line, I'm more about game speed, being able to run in a match, being able to weave. I assume the coaches have picked up on that, because my 40 (time) was good, but it wasn't amazing."