Danny Woodhead

Patrick

Guru
backrow said:
Pat, already posted it on a previous page.

My bad.

My pick for the Patriots - Jets game - Patriots and here is why - the Jets have played 3 teams with winning records all season - they've lost two of those games. Since beating the Patriots in week two can you guess how many teams with winning records they've beat? ZERO! Are they having amazing finishes? Sure, but who cares, they are against bad teams. They are the most overrated team in the NFL and the Patriots are about to expose them.

I just hope Danny is a big part of that exposing.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Please God, let Danny explode on the National stage tonight. Say 125 yards and two TDs, one running and catching. PATS 24JETS 10.

TwentyTwo

Master
Amen!

ESPN Live Trent Dilfer givingWoodhead plenty of respect saying he's better than who he replaced, Kevin Faulk...calling Danny a match-up nightmare!

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
This could be the defining game for Danny Woodhead. Please let him get plenty of touches tonight.

DWFan

Mentor
I'm going to be really into this game...pulling for Woodhead but even harder for Welker.
If you'd told me five years ago I'd be pulling for a New England team, I'd think you were insane.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Gruden praised Danny's speed & talked about him being a complete football player.
smiley20.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Found this at another site. If not for Belichick, Danny may have been history. Seems that no one was interested in him.

By Erik Scalavino
In this week's abbreviated mailbag (due to the Monday night game), we answer your questions on a variety of topics.
I would be interested in knowing what process the Pats used to get Danny Woodhead. And was any other team close to picking him up? With him being such a late cut, another team must have had him on their radar.
Larry Bennett
Because Woodhead is not yet a vested NFL veteran (meaning a player with four years' experience or more in the league), he had to go through the waiver process when the Jets released him after Week 1. He cleared waivers, meaning no team put in a claim for him during the allotted time window, which ended at 4 p.m. Eastern that Wednesday. That made him an unrestricted free agent, so any team could then sign him, which the Patriots elected to do on that Saturday before the Week 2 game against Woodhead's former team. If other teams did have him on their radar, they waited too long to sign him.
Erik Scalavino

Bart said:
Found this at another site. If not for Belichick, Danny may have been history. Seems that no one was interested in him.

By Erik Scalavino
In this week's abbreviated mailbag (due to the Monday night game), we answer your questions on a variety of topics.
I would be interested in knowing what process the Pats used to get Danny Woodhead. And was any other team close to picking him up? With him being such a late cut, another team must have had him on their radar.
Larry Bennett
Because Woodhead is not yet a vested NFL veteran (meaning a player with four years' experience or more in the league), he had to go through the waiver process when the Jets released him after Week 1. He cleared waivers, meaning no team put in a claim for him during the allotted time window, which ended at 4 p.m. Eastern that Wednesday. That made him an unrestricted free agent, so any team could then sign him, which the Patriots elected to do on that Saturday before the Week 2 game against Woodhead's former team. If other teams did have him on their radar, they waited too long to sign him.
Erik Scalavino
This doesn't surprise me. Very sad...

Good on Danny for proving all the nay-sayers wrong so far this season.

Tom Iron

Mentor
Belichick sits there like a cheshire cat just waiting to cherry pick a guy like Woodhead. I bet the rest of the league is envious of him because he refuses to put himself in the same bind they allow themselves to be confined to.

Tom Iron...

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Although Belichick's choice of defensive personnel is dubious at best, it's hard to be too critical of a coach who does not let the inmates run the asylum, like on just about every other team in the league. I remember when he released players like Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy, when they were still productive. Everyone around the league said he was a dunce, but the Pats continued without missing a beat, better, in fact, as those two had started to become a cancer. Any other team, the rest of the black players would have mutinied.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
Woodhead and Welker - "Tiny White Guys"

"Writer" Rory Leland of the University of Vermont's "Vermont Cynic" has some loving remarks for Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead"¦.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE:
"The Pats offense has the best ‘tiny white guys who works their ass off' tandem in the league with Wes Welker and Danny Woodhead â€"where did he come from?!"Â

Deion Branch and Wes Welker are the exact same height (5' 8"Â), and Woodhead is approximately 1" shorter"¦but that sort of factual honesty matters not whenever race-based thoughts are being processed through the decomposing, Caste-Inoculated brain matter of a drunken white "man," even during the act of "complimenting" his fellow whites.

Also, in case this Afro-Loyalist-Turd hadn't noticed, Danny Woodhead has been effortlessly sprinting past any Zulu-Boy attempting to give chase. Danny doesn't need to "work his ass off,"Â because he's inherently more athletic (and obviously much faster) than every black defensive player that the NFL and its controlled little "System"Â can muster.

Wes Welker, too, is clearly faster and more athletically gifted than nearly all of the black defensive backs he routinely humiliates. This season, for obvious reasons, has been a down year.

Woodhead and Julian Edelman certainly have better straight line speed than Deion Branch"¦whereas Branch and Welker (after his injury) seem to have similar straight line speed.

Rory chose his bigoted words quite carefully"¦intentionally mentioning that they were "white guys," as the word "guy" is intrinsically less masculine than the word "men." The little rodent probably prefers the usage of the ubiquitous term "white boy" in his daily life. Gee, and here I thought that race "didn't matter" in this "enlightened" version of Amerika.

I just sent Rory, the parasitic clown, a special email. Edited by: Thrashen

Westside

Hall of Famer
Belichick is an old school coach, much like Lombardi. He runs a tight ship with no BS. If an affelet or athlete gets out of line its nipped in bud, and the transgressor is dressed down and "persuaded
to get with his program".

But as with all things, success rules the day. The most retarded or immature affelets see this, and what to be part of it, naturally. So consequentiality, we saw the purging of Moss and other malcontents during Belichick success and reign. Simple.

I believe Belichick knows that Woodhead is a Godsend. A player with skills and ability who believes in the coach's philosophy and executes it perfectly for others to see. A great thing to behold at least offensively.

Woody

Guru
This isn't such an off year for Welker. He will most likely set a career high in TDs as he has 7 now and his career high is 8. YPC and Rec.s need to go up though, as they have been in the last few weeks. He'll finish the season strong.

G

I'll bet Belichick knows the racial dynamics and he knows the law of averages that when a team Africanizes past a certain point it all starts to become Haiti on turf.

snow

Mentor
I think Woodhead got screwed over on that 50 yard play. I think it was a run, not a reception. I know it shouldn't matter, but people will see a 50 yard play and say, oh its easier to have a bigger reception than it is for a run. (Lucky it was on MNF because most people don't watch games and just look at stats). It looked like that ball didn't move forward towards the line of scrimmage which would make it a run play. It was basically a toss/pitch to the halfback out of shotgun. Shovel passes are where the halfback runs towards the line of scrimmage and then catches, Danny was lined up to the side, and while his body was technically slightly ahead of Brady's, the ball didn't seem to go forward.

More disrespect for Danny:

Woodhead Still an Unknown to Briggs
by John M. Crist of BearReport.com, December 9, 2010 at 6:38pm ET

One of the more pleasant surprise stories in the NFL this season has been the play of Patriots running back Danny Woodhead, originally undrafted out of Chadron State in Chadron, Nebraska, becoming an integral part of New England's high-powered offense.

Generously listed at 5-9 and 200 pounds, but probably closer to 5-7 and 190, Woodhead rushed 15 times for 64 yards and caught eight passes for 87 yards in 2009 for the AFC East-rival Jets, but he was let go one game into the 2010 campaign. Now the change-up to starter BenJarvus Green-Ellis in New England, Woodhead has carried the ball 66 times for 355 yards (5.4 yards per carry) and added 28 catches for 334 yards while scoring four total touchdowns. He put up video-game numbers at Division-II Chadron State, including eight of the top 10 single-game rushing totals in school history, ranging from 267 yards against Fort Hays to 324 yards against Wayne State, but playing in the NFL seemed like a long shot at best.

Nevertheless, despite his against-all-odds success, he still seems to be getting the job done rather anonymously for the Pats because when Bears linebacker Lance Briggs was asked about him before practice Thursday, his answer suggested he had never heard Woodhead's name before.

"He's a tough guy," Briggs said, smiling wider and wider as he searched for the right words that would ultimately escape him. "I don't know. I just want to help the team. I just... I don't know. I just want to (laughs)... He's a big, team player (laughs)."

The weak-side linebacker is responsible for covering ball carriers out of the backfield in the passing game quite often, so Briggs would be wise to pay attention in the film room this week and get acquainted with No. 39 in Patriots colors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something tells me that after the Pats v Bears game, we are going to see a quote from Briggs similar to the one we saw after Hillis destroyed the Ravens:

"Never heard of him before in my life," Terrell Suggs said. "I know who he is now."

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Toby Hillis said:
<div>Something tells me that after the Pats v Bears game, we are going to see a quote from Briggs similar to the one we saw after Hillis destroyed the Ravens:</div>
<div></div>
<div>"Never heard of him before in my life," Terrell Suggs said. "I know who he is now."</div>

I hope you are right, Toby Hillis! Briggs is a real piece of work. He's also unaware that his head is stuck up his own a$$.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Animalmuther0 said:

Just took the time to read the whole article and found it to be pretty good. I like the fact that Danny Woodhead was homeschooled until high school and his mom didn't work outside the home. His father's quote about the NFL is a pretty good one "The NFL is a mystery."

Westside

Hall of Famer
I read that article as well. My only heartburn lays with the father, not the writer. It was a good article.

Listen, if had a son who I observed and coached during high school and saw this outstanding career in college and now the NFL, I would bring up the fact of what all of us here rage about. The castesystem and white racism. His father should have brought it up and state it was the reason he was not offered a scholarship at Nebraska, not drafted by the NFL and cut by fat F**K Ryan.

It would of brought the injustice of the castesystem to the forefront.