Danny Woodhead

white is right

Hall of Famer
Fred Taylor isn't much of threat to Woodhead. At this point he is a pure north-south runner. The Patriots really haven't asked Woodhead to do that kind of running. Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis will have to fight Taylor for carries. I think Woodhead's touches are secure for the rest of the season barring injuries. Edited by: white is right

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Interesting stat: Although not a huge sample size yet, Woodhead is tied for 5th in the league in yards per attempt- out of the 50 backs with 49 carries or more. Woodhead is tied for 49th in carries in the league with 49 carries. In a fair world this should point toward, at least, a somewhat expanded role for Woodhead as a rusher to see if he can keep up the production.

foobar75

Master
A lot of DWFs are beyond any sort of redemption or hope. I was browsing thru a Jets message board just the see what some of their fans are saying, here's a sampling of some of their comments. I truly hope the Pats kick the Jets ass in their MNF game, Danny has a big game himself, and the Pats eventually win the SB.

1. With all the short scrappy white dudes that have heart, it is surprising that the Pats don't become America's team, David Duke their new fan relation guy

2. McKnight >>>>>>>>>>> Woodhead
smiley56.gif

3. We would be 18-0 if we had Woodhead. (obvious sarcasm)

4. I desperately want Harris to lay him on his ass. And you all know his story is going to be the big lead up to MNF...have to see his beady little head all damn week.

5. I have absolutely no problem with the Jets coaching staff deciding that McKnight was worth keeing at the expense of Woodhead.

Of course, not all brain dead morons. A couple of good ones:

1. I guess his ability to dodge tackles up there in Foxboro is a result of the system he plays in. That 40yrd+ TD run was all due to the system. Whether or not Woodhead would have had any carries w/Greene & LT playing healthy is irrelevant. The bottomline is that McKnight was kept & Woodhead was let go. And so far, its looks like the CS missed the boat on this one.

Its early, but if McKnight makes it, you can shove this post down my throat. And the explanation for his success in New England is "the system"? This CS saw him everyday in training camp --- the PATS see him for like what? 5/6 plays in exhibition & knew right away that this guy fit their "system". C'mon.

2. 4 TDs and 500+ yds (312 rushing + 217 recieving) in 8 games. It's not only about the system... the system enhances his abilities but Woodhead is a football player, period. No matter where he plays.

If any player we cut would've done that we'd all be going ape sh*t... but he's short and white so clearly it's all about the system and not about the talent.

white is right

Hall of Famer
I don't think the younger DWF could handle the racial ratio of 1973....
smiley36.gif
. I think if the NFL or championship teams went back to those numbers these 21 year old virgins would be on a mass suicide watch....
smiley2.gif
That David Duke comment was typical of this moronic view...
smiley11.gif
Edited by: white is right

Anak

Mentor
foobar75 said:
2. 4 TDs and 500+ yds (312 rushing + 217 recieving) in 8 games. It's not only about the system... the system enhances his abilities but Woodhead is a football player, period. No matter where he plays.

If any player we cut would've done that we'd all be going ape sh*t... but he's short and white so clearly it's all about the system and not about the talent.

Woodhead is also averaging 5.6 ypc.

The Hock

Master
After what Danny has accomplished, some of those DWF comments, man...I'm just glad I don't drink or go to bars any more. I'd want to grab one of those idiots by the nose and kick him in the ass, then run him into the bathroom and shove his face into a urinal.

DWF's are just worthless.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
foobar75 said:
A lot of DWFs are beyond any sort of redemption or hope. I was browsing thru a Jets message board just the see what some of their fans are saying, here's a sampling of some of their comments. I truly hope the Pats kick the Jets ass in their MNF game, Danny has a big game himself, and the Pats eventually win the SB.

1. With all the short scrappy white dudes that have heart, it is surprising that the Pats don't become America's team, David Duke their new fan relation guy

Har, har. An overwhelmingly black team is considered "diverse,"Â￾ whereas even moderately white-friendly teams are called "David Duke's favorite."Â￾

Over the centuries, the blood of this inebriated white "male"Â￾ was forged by genuine white warriors, fighting for the continuance of their dioxiribonucleicacid"¦.all so that this simpleton may plummet into the wretched doldrums of Negro-Worship.

I hope that Danny runs wild over "his"Â￾ team.

bigunreal

Mentor
It's been wonderful to watch Danny Woodhead get a chance with the Patriots. That being said, it is becoming increasingly frustrating to see how, no matter what he does, his touches are clearly being limited to a particular quota per game. After his fantastic, long TD run last week, Danny had ONE touch for the rest of the game.

I undestand Green-Ellis is running well, but the fact is Danny always runs better. Even if you give the bigger back more carries, this dynamic player has obviously earned a bigger role; at the very least, he should be getting 12-15 touches per game. No one limits Ray Rice's role, or Maurice Jones-Drew's role. Danny is their size, and frankly looks to be more of a threat in terms of big plays. Can anyone deny that he'd be the unquestioned primary ballcarrier by now if he wasn't cursed with a skin pigmentation disorder?

The announcers made a big deal of Danny hustling down to make the tackle on the kickoff following his TD run. Of course, it was a great (and probably unprecedented) accomplishment, but the larger question was; why was this blossoming star RB being asked to cover kicks? Can you imagine Ray Rice on special teams? Btw, Danny has more TDs this season than the pudgy "star" RB of the Ravens, on far fewer touches, obviously. Don't expect that tidbit to appear on SportsCenter.

Bart

Hall of Famer
bigunreal said:
The announcers made a big deal of Danny hustling down to make the tackle on the kickoff following his TD run. Of course, it was a great (and probably unprecedented) accomplishment, but the larger question was; why was this blossoming star RB being asked to cover kicks?

Good question. I'd hate to see him get hurt working as a special teams demon.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Bigunreal nails it again. They are afraid of Danny becoming too big a star. It's only obvious. The guy has earned alot more than to run the ball 5 or 6 times a game. I don't care if they throw to him too. Give him the rock and let him run with it. Oh, I forgot he has the skin disease. Come on coach. Play the kid more. Let him run it a minimum of 10-15 times a game. Dannny Woodhead just might help them get to the Super Bowl. That is if they use him right. This is so frustrating!

white lightning said:
Bigunreal nails it again. They are afraid of Danny becoming too big a star. It's only obvious. The guy has earned alot more than to run the ball 5 or 6 times a game. I don't care if they throw to him too. Give him the rock and let him run with it. Oh, I forgot he has the skin disease. Come on coach. Play the kid more. Let him run it a minimum of 10-15 times a game. Dannny Woodhead just might help them get to the Super Bowl. That is if they use him right. This is so frustrating!

Who is afraid, the Patriot coaching staff? To use an old-time expression, Tom Brady is the Main Man in New England, not the running back by committee system the Patriots use.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Hopefully Danny can have an explosive day against the Lions while DWF Nation stuff their faces with bird, stuffing and beer then wonder why their losers and 30 lbs over weight.

Looking forward to Danny and Brady to show the affelets and DWFs how the game is played.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Full speed ahead for Danny "the Manny" Woodhead today!
smiley20.gif

backrow

Hall of Famer
Patriots signed RB Danny Woodhead to a two-year contract extension.

The deal was actually agreed to last week but is now official. Woodhead will receive $550,000 in 2011 and $700,000 in 2012, along with play-time incentives that could earn him an additional $1.175 million. It looks like a great deal for the Pats, as they're getting the multi-dimensional threat at a very reasonable rate. Woodhead has piled up 529 total yards and four touchdowns in eight games for the Patriots this season.
Source: Boston Herald

Anak

Mentor
smiley32.gif
Congrats to Danny. Hopefully he continues to produce and in time the Patriots will start paying Woodhead more of what he "deserves."

Anak

Mentor
WhiteWorld said:
unfortunately I think he has to take it cause I don't think anyone will offer him better. Anyway Good Luck Danny,

It is ridiculous that a fat, lazy and unproductive Marshawn Lynch is being paid multi millions while the ultra-talented and multifaceted Danny Woodhead was making the minimum and barely managed to make it on the field, but at least Danny is now beginning to receive the recognition he deserves. Edited by: Anak

This is a bitter sweet contract extenison. On the one hand, its great that someone FINALLY actually wants Danny. The Pats are very white-friendly on offense and I'm glad they'll remain that way. On the other hand, it sucks that in the Caste NFL, Woodhead has no leverage and will have to take what he can get. I'd love to see him in a Jamaal Charles kind of roll with some team. I know he'd average at least 5 YPC and well over 1,000 yards. I guess I''ll just have to keep dreaming...

The Hock

Master
And Danny has earned every penny of it, unlike many in the NFL. Plus it's nice to know it none of it will be wasted on ridiculous bling, strippers, and overpriced cars and such. And even if he does succumb to peer pressure and buys a fur hat or something as a gesture to fit in he's earned it anyway.

hawkeye

Guru
I'm in Massachusetts visiting my dad for Thanksgiving and I went down to the pub afterwards. At the bar everyone was cheering for Danny Woodhead and I saw about 3 or 4 Danny Woodhead jerseys. I guess the media just hasn't done a good enough job of informing the public that he is small and not fit to be in the NFL.

foobar75

Master
This is good news on many levels. Come next year's training camp, we longer have to worry about Danny making the roster, the discussion will center around his role and whether it will continue to expand to take advantage of his various talents. That's nice for a change.

He's found a home in New England. The coaches, his teammates, and the fans love him. By the time he plays out this contract, he'll only be 27 and will still have 4-5 more prime years left, and that's when he can sign the big contract. I expect him to get better and he will be properly rewarded as a result.

BTW, are there any two other players in the NFL right now who are more beloved by the fans and their teammates than Danny Woodhead and Peyton Hillis? After such a long drought, it's amazing that these two players in a forbidden position have risen to such heights in a short period of time. So, the DWFs may not be aware (or care) about the caste system, but when a white player shines, they sure do root for him in a big way.

white is right

Hall of Famer
This all but assures that Faulk will be released/cut when he is healthy. I like the extension, but I don't like the low ball contract. He deserves a raise and a non performance based contract. What happens if the Patriots draft a first round pick who will cut into his touches?

snow

Mentor
white is right said:
This all but assures that Faulk will be released/cut when he is healthy. I like the extension, but I don't like the low ball contract. He deserves a raise and a non performance based contract. What happens if the Patriots draft a first round pick who will cut into his touches?

its highly unlikely that the Patriots will draft a runningback in the first round, or even 2nd. I think Bellicheck learned his lesson after Mauroney, the only back hes drafted high. I think he has only drafted two others, one in the 6th round and one in the 7th. He is getting better production out of undrafted guys. Bellicheck is a smart guy, I don't think he will screw over Woodhead. Worst case scenario is that Woodhead keeps the same role he has now around 6-8 touches a game. He has been consistent with Welker and the role he has had in the offense.

WhiteWorld

I think Danny is great. But let's not kid ourselves, next year The Pats will be inviting and looking at other rbs during camp and Danny's contract isn't so big they couldn't eat it. Realistically even Hillis isn't a shue in to play rb for the next ten years. The caste system is still in effect.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Pollyanna where are You!