Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Strange way to say Whites are as fast as blacks, but I'm glad to see Gatlin will at least admit it. As for blacks being just as good at swimming as Whites, all I can say is :D:D!!!
I can tell right away that is an article translated from either French or Spanish to English. Gatlin wouldn't talk with weird diction like that unless he was hit on the head by a rock and adopted a French persona.....

frederic38

Hall of Famer
I think his times will be a bit slower due to lack of competition. I do however feel the 200m NR will be going down. 9.97 / 20.03

it would be the case with any athlete, but not for lemaitre i think
as i said several times, i think he runs relatively slowly in the most important races, and against the bests in the world
because he is nervous, afraid, intimidated, i don't realy know
so i would say that he will beat his PB in both 200m and 100m

Bk21

Guru
I was glad to see Gatlin give Christophe some credit too. Most people don't realise how tough it is to line up against 7 black sprinters week after week and not be intimidated.

So we have to make some predictions. The French National Champs is only a couple of days away. I will be the first to make mine known.

Christophe will win both titles.

He will set a new p.b. in the 100 of 9.93

He will also break his p.b. in the 200 running a 20.05

Your guys turn.

is this still Lemaitre's schedule?

22 July : Monaco (100m) vs Bolt
28-30 July:CHAMPIONSHIP FRENCH 100m AND 200m

27 Aug :WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DAEGU 100 AND 200
16 Sep :BRUXELLES 200 vs Bolt

when will be the European U23 competition?? is it sure that christophe will take part of it? (is it wise to do so? he has already won the senior's and there other meetings where he can run against top sprinters..)

to reply to WL:
a new PB on 100m at Monaco, and around the same time at Albi: I was going to say the-already-taken-time of 9.93, so I'll go for 9.92
a new PB on 200 at Albi : 19.99 with a slightly positive wind

Twinsen9

Guru
About European U23 competition, the French Teddy Tamgho will jump, but Christophe Lemaitre won't run ;)

the argie

Guru
when will be the European U23 competition?? is it sure that christophe will take part of it? (is it wise to do so? he has already won the senior's and there other meetings where he can run against top sprinters..)

I said it two times and I must repeat it for a third time: HE DOES NOT RUN IN OSTRAVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Yes it's true. Lemaitre pulled out of the Europen Under 23 Champs and who can blame him. No competition so it will not help him to advance his career. He has to race against the best in order to become the best. He needs to learn how to keep his nerves under control and I think most of the time he does. I want him to act like he has been there before every time he steps on the track. Christophe needs to believe in his mind that he can be better than Bolt and that he is in the same league. So much of sprinting is mental. Bolt loves to play mind games just like Mo did back in the day. Bolts dancing and flexing is done to intimidate and it also help him stay relaxed. Even Powell has his routine to get into the other sprinters heads. Lemaitre needs to just realise that he is as good as anyone on the planet. Then he needs to go out there and prove it. Time is on his side but he needs to get that drive phase down. That is the key to making finals and winning medals at major championships.

LoLy

Guru

Twinsen9

Guru
The time of Jimmy Vicaut is really great for Christophe. Maybe an amazing time for Albi ? :dodgy:

Twinsen9

Guru
10,07 for Jimmy Vicaut with +0,3 wind. It's great.

The French Championship with good wind can be very interesting ;)

planb47

Congrats to Jimmy Vicaut great time, but remember that he was training to peak at these championships Christophe will peak at the world champs hopefully we'll see a 9.8 then, from what i've seen French athletes peak at championships and run their bests during them like Vicaut who cu down one tenth of a second from his sb or like lemaitre in the indoor season who went from 6.7s to 6.5s during champs.

LoLy

Guru

trackster

Mentor
Terrible. Awful. Don't watch a youtube video of this race unless you want to be depressed. Bad time. No excuse. Everyone else ran a good time. LeMaitre was annihilated and only beat the two sacrificial slowpokes. All of the reasonably world class guys, including the mediocre ones, annihilated him. He wasn't closing on anyone at the end. No part of the race was good.

First, Rupp and Solinski get knocked off the track by the assassin Merga in what had been a hotly-awaited 5000. Then LeMaitre goes back to a 2009 time in a big race. I'm getting so sick of people disappointing in the big races. LeMaitre needs to start training for the 200. He can always return to the 100 later.

Bad Manners

lemaitre is the last to finish setting himself on the start, its almost as if the gun goes before he is ready, everyone has their head down and his is still up

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I think he might still have a slight injury. Christophe didn't have that extra gear that we are used to seeing in the 2nd half of the race. His start was good but his drive phase and speed endurance just were not up to par. It's amazing to see him run a 10.03 and get killed in the race. He only finished 5th. What a lineup of sprinters that was. Bolt is vulnerable and ready to be beaten again. Gay would have won this race for sure and Carter should have beat him. I hope Christophe gets it straightened out for the French National Champs next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.