Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
well Twinsen9 but is interesting true?hehe, few to few is sure that Lemaitre is getting attention of mass media
smiley14.gif
he is a prodigy

Edited by: ZELLGADISS

ZELLGADISS

Guru
good conditions in Paris, good weather, fast track and only little cloudly, Come on Lemaitre sub20 SURE

ZELLGADISS

Guru
The race begin about 21.46 time in France.
Good luck Lemaitre¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

LoLy

Guru
f**king equipement. that blow completly the race. I hate the technical staff

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well the race just ended. Lematre finished 2nd to Bolt but he only ran a 20.21 so he didn't break his French Record. His form around the curve was horrible. You have to hug the line as a 200 meters sprinter to shave some time. Other than that, even Bolt looked rather average. Very dissapointing. I'm glad Christophe will be racing again over 200 meters.

LoLy

Guru
<table ="rank_table" id="mytable" cellspacing="0"><t><tr><td><div align="left">1</div></td>
<td><div align="left">BOLTUsain</div></td>
<td><div align="left">JAM</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">20.03</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.181</div></td>
<td><div align="center">8</div></td>
<td width="75"><div align="right">1</div></td>
<td width="105"><div align="left">
DiamondSymbol.gif
</div></td>
</tr><tr ="alt">
<td><div align="left">2</div></td>
<td><div align="left">LEMAITREChristophe</div></td>
<td><div align="left">FRA</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">20.21</div></td>
<td width="30"><div align="left">SB</div></td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.161</div></td>
<td><div align="center">2</div></td>
<td width="75"><div align="right">4</div></td>
<td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td><div align="left">3</div></td>
<td><div align="left">PATTONDarvis</div></td>
<td><div align="left">USA</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">20.59</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.146</div></td>
<td><div align="center">1</div></td>
<td width="75"><div align="right">6</div></td>
<td></td>
</tr><tr ="alt">
<td><div align="left">4</div></td>
<td><div align="left">FORSYTHEMario</div></td>
<td><div align="left">JAM</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">20.61</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.275</div></td>
<td><div align="center">1</div></td>
<td width="75"><div align="right">6</div></td>
<td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td><div align="left">5</div></td>
<td><div align="left">SORRILLORondel</div></td>
<td><div align="left">TRI</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">20.81</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.181</div></td>
<td><div align="center"></div></td>
<td width="75"><div align="right"></div></td>
<td></td>
</tr><tr ="alt">
<td><div align="left">6</div></td>
<td><div align="left">TINMARTeddy</div></td>
<td><div align="left">FRA</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">21.15</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.184</div></td>
<td></td>
</tr><tr>
<td><div align="left">7</div></td>
<td><div align="left">CRAWFORDShawn</div></td>
<td><div align="left">USA</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">22.17</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left">0.155</div></td>
<td></td>
</tr><tr ="alt">
<td><div align="left"></div></td>
<td><div align="left">EDWARDAlonso</div></td>
<td><div align="left">PAN</div></td>
<td width="20"><div align="left">DNS</div></td>
<td width="30">
</td>

<td ="transparent_"><div align="left"></div></td></tr></t></table>

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Well i think that the delay by error technicals was important. Bolt well in general, if he is not relaxed last 20 meters he probably make around 19.90 but he is not in his best shape yet.
Lemaitre good race, the curve well like almost always, he has improve it.

The delay i think that was very bad for the times...

LoLy

Guru
white lightning said:
Other than that, even Bolt looked rather average. Very dissapointing.
the race was average because they had to wait some extra 15 minutes on the track until they repair the starting machine. They got completly unconcentrated, and for sure they cooled down and lost their reactivity .that's the first time I see that. so much hope, so much disapointment.

planb47

he was too tight,instead of focusing on his own race he wanted to catch Bolt badly and his form reflected that, nevertheless he beat some good competition and if his turn was a little better and he relaxed and concentrated on his own race he might have caught up with Bolt

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Well planb47 i dont think that Lemaitre today has any chance win to Bolt. If Lemaitre today run faster, then Bolt run faster, today Bolt has big advantage although he is only 80% yet.

trackster

Mentor
Well, I sure thought he looked good. The time (20.21) was disappointing, but then Bolt didn't even crack 20, so maybe it just wasn't a good day for the 200.

After watching the race live and the various slow-motion replays, I'm becoming more and more confident that Christophe can take the Olympic 200 gold in 2012. Yeah, the gold. Race: he was once again left behind in the drive phase. He then did himself no favors on the curve and had a lot of guys in front of him but MAN what a final stretch! Last week in the 100 I thought people were getting carried away talking about his finish. He never really was gaining ground on Powell. However, this week it was for real. At the end of the curve, he was behind a lot of runners, but 100 meters he had annihilated them. They totally lost contact with LeMaitre. And, yes, he legitimately gained ground on the great Usain Bolt. I only hope that one of the inevitable youtube videos shows the aerial slow-mo, because it is very clear that Christophe was the fastest runner in the field on the straight.

Another year of maturity will add strength for the start and endurance for the finish. Christophe for the gold in the 200. I'm calling it now.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
trackster in serious you think that Lemaitre can get gold in normal conditions in 2012???
Bolt did 19.30 in 2008, 19.19 in 2009,19.56 in 2010 and this year in rainy conditions 19.86.
Yes, today was slow race for Bolt but the delay for concentration is important.

Im realistic, without injuries i see imposible that in 2012 Lemaitre can defeat in 200m to Bolt....
I think that he can get medal of course, but gold next year i dont see it possible

dr.riders

Too much time</span> lost.</span> Bolt</span> has</span> been quiet</span>.</span> Lemaitre</span>, instead, had</span> to be nervous</span>.</span> I</span> seem to have</span> a dry mouth</span>.</span> He raced</span> a slow corner</span> and woke up</span> only in</span> a straight line.</span> Should</span> only run</span> the 200m</span> and more often</span>.</span></span>

ZELLGADISS

Guru
The news are that although Bolt had flu today he ran... If it is true, is logical that so he was not very strong today and in adittion won easily...

Lemaitre well in general, if the next time he has good weather he will break his french record and perhaps sub20
smiley32.gif

planb47

Ofcourse Bolt is in another league right now compared to Lemaitre what i meant is that in the final stretch Lemaitre has similar speed to bolt and with a better curve he could pose a real threat.Back when Michael Johnson ran 19.32 Ato Boldon was discouraged nobody would ran that fast John smith replied so won't he.Sometimes if an athlete gives his total maximum he can never come back to the same level it's hapened with a handful of guys ex Michael Johnson,Donovan Bailey,Tyson Gay or Maurice Greene after puyshing their bodies to the max athletes tend to get hurt constantly because they try to repeat those results although theeir body can't handle the stress

trackster

Mentor
Heck, yeah, I'm serious. Remember, there were five other runners in that race, besides Bolt and Lemaitre, and Christophe made all the others look like schoolchildren down the stretch. Those were world class runners from the US and the Caribbean and they didn't look like they belonged on the same track as LeMaitre. As for the time, maybe the track was slow, maybe it was the negative wind, the cold weather, the long wait, I don't know, but the real story was in the race this time, not the stopwatch.

As for 2012:
1) Bolt is slowing down. He's had two down years now, and I think he's stopped doing the roids that powered him in the past. I think that so far he's been running clean this year as well as last year. He may be worried about losing his superstar image if he's caught. But if he continues to run clean, he will continue to slow down.
2) LeMaitre is catching up. And he's always been clean.
3) A year from now LeMaitre will have had a lot more weight training to add explosiveness.
4) Everyone gains endurance as they age. Christophe's speed endurance is already remarkable.
5) Christophe has never specialized in the 200. He has indicated, however, that he might do so for the Olympics.
6) Gay's body is breaking down. Blake, Powell, and the other Jamaicans are all wholly dependent on testers looking the other way.

The call stands: Christophe for the 200 gold in 2012!

Now here's the video. Watch how LeMaitre finishes nearly a full ten meters ahead of the third place runner. Watch the slow motion replays closely. You won't be disappointed:
http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=60d8575d-b521-4f30-a952-3117b0675573.html#2011+diamond+league+paris+bolt+dominates+200m

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i'm certainly no track expert, but it seems to me that Lemaitre is pretty freaking amazing. he has numerous physical and technical improvements left to be made, yet he effortlessly (and still somewhat awkwardly, it should be said) left a bunch of world-class sprinters in his wake.

seriously, the kid is wicked awesome. just give him time to work and improve. he's shown he's not afraid to do either, so i think it is accurate to say that the sky is the limit.

mayhap we've become so accustomed to the youngster's excellence, that we forget just how special his accomplishments up to this point are.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
trackster in my opinion Bolt never taken rods in his life, is my opinion, he is a prodigy.
Lemaitre is another prodigy but Bolt won junior world championshiop with 15 years(?¿roids?¿is stupid) and with 17 years get sub20, he is another level.
Bolt can make easily 19.5-19.7 and he will make it easily the next years(without injuries), so i see it impossible.

Lemaitre will improve so much, sure , but the next year perhaps his top can be 19.8-19.9(with a lot of luck perhaps a few faster).

Regards

trackster

Mentor
And if you guys are still disappointed in the time, consider this: the third and fourth place runners were 4 full TENTHS of a second behind Lemaitre. Not hundredths, but tenths. He totally outclassed everyone in the field not named Bolt. And Bolt is hearing footsteps...

trackster

Mentor
Zell--Bolt is awesome, which is why he can run 20-flat even clean, but he can't now nor could he ever run 19.5 clean. One thing that's been posted here many times is how LeMaitre's times have been consistently faster than Bolt's for the same ages, but then Bolt suddenly experienced a "miraculous" improvement that put him on another level. Those are the kind of miracles that only come in a syringe.

In a totally clean Olympics run today, Bolt takes first, LeMaitre second in the 200. In a totally clean Olympics run in 2012, LeMaitre takes first, Bolt takes second. I'm standing by my guns on this one.

ZELLGADISS

Guru
Sorry trackster but in my opinion, Bolt is clean now and before(perhaps im wrong but i think it, i must in Bolt, perhaps not in another runners).
faster that Bolt when?Bolt did 19.93 with 17 years?he did incredible 400 45.35 with 16 years, he did not run 100 before, so when Lemaitre run faster that Bolt at same age?sorry i dont understand

Status
Not open for further replies.