Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I had to start a thread for this kid. He is quickly becoming another world class sprinter. He ran a 10.26 today to finish 2nd in the French National Championships and he barely turned 18 a month ago! He also ran a 10.30 in the semi final heat. He has incredible closing speed. If he can get his start better, the sky is the limit as he continues to mature. You can see both of his videos from the French Nat'l Champs on youtube.com He also won the world junior championship in the 200 meters so he is dangerous in both the 100 and 200 meters. Way to go Christophe!
smiley32.gif

Edited by: white lightning

Last edited:

albinosprint

Mentor
this kid has allot of potential. it would be great if he can get it all together for the 2012 Olympics.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Christophe is headed to the olympics at only 18! He will be part of the 4 x 100 Relay Squad for France. What an experience for the kid to be around the greatest sprinters in the world. This will make him even hungrier to compete on the big stage down the road in both the 100 & 200 meters. Congrats to Christophe.

G

Whatever happened to Frederic Krantz? Another white French sprinter about 3 years ago who ran a 10.17.

albinosprint

Mentor
In 2001 at the age of 22 he posted PR of 10.17 & 20.49. that year he was the french champion in the 100 & 200 and then he started running like crap and its went downhill from there. havent really heard anything on him in the past 5 years. kid had allot of potential and looked clean, but for some reason started going backwards.

albinosprint

Mentor
1995 (17) 10.68, 21.47
1996 (18) 10.62, 21.59
1997 (19) 10.35, 21.70
1998 (20) 10.30, 20.85
1999 (21) 10.34, 20.73
2000 (22) 10.24, 20.63
2001 (22) 10.17, 20.49
2002 (23) DNC , DNC
2003 (24) 10.35, DNC
2004 (25) 10.42, DNC
2005 (26) 10.48, DNC

His progression was right on track up till 2002. maybe he was injured and never got back to form. the potential was there.

2008-07-31_185526_krant2.jpg
2008-07-31_185553_krant3a.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I found some footage of Christophe Lemaitre and his races in Paris. He set a French Junior Recod of 6.64 in the 60 and he fell asleep in the starting blocks. This kid is amazing. He ran down everyone except the winner in the final after giving every other sprinter a 2-4 meters lead as he missed the gun. His closing speed leaves me in awe. He is definately going to be a 6.50's sprinter soon and his age leaves me with the conclusion that he will have a legitimate chance to go sub 10 by the age of 21! He is just that good and he excels over the 200 meters as well! This kid can do it all. Here is the video from youtube. Simone Collio, and Jared Connauton are in some of the heats from Paris as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3m-HD3txOE&feature=relat edEdited by: white lightning

G

he reaaly excites me. with pickering, blum, and lemaitre i think we have good chance of going sub 10 maybe this year,

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Don'tforget Dariusz Kuc of Poland who is the same age as Blum &Pickering. He just ran a 6.59 last weekend and he has a 100 p.b. of 10.17!I'm hoping that Pickering, Blum, Kuc, and Lematirecan all get in the 10.10 range or better in the near future.

Lemaitre has such long strides. He just eats up the track and helooks very smooth and relaxed while doing it.

It's hard to see which one of these guys willget there the fastest but at the moment, ChristianBlum just might be first. Heform is incredible and he is silky smooth. He also has a very nice stride length. One thing I would like to see more ofisto see white sprinters with longer stride length.Have you guys seen Dallas Robinson and his strides.Lemaitre is probably the closest to him.

Usain Bolt probably has the longest stride length of anyone I have ever seen but he is also taking way too many flinstone vitamins in my honest opinion!
smiley36.gif
Edited by: white lightning

G

agreed bolt is roided up. i never knew about kuc ill have to look him up, thnx.

Christophe LEMAITRE(france) age 18 1/2 is the only teenager to post world elite times in both the 60 and 200 this indoor season!!! He is also one of only 6 men to do so. The others being KUC (poland)age 23, phiri (jamacia)age 20 1/2, ford (usa) 21 1/2, williams (usa) 24,and rodgers (usa) 24

I see LEMAITRE as being a future olympic medalist in the 100m outdoor.
FRANCE has not many good world class athletes, however when they have one they always seem to be in the hunt for gold.
Remember GUY DRUT olympic champion in the mens 110hurdles in 1976> he was also a chain smoker and heavy drinker who never achieved his best.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Great post yuri. Your right about French Athletes and their chase for gold. It may be very early in this kids career, but he has that sub 10/sub 20 potential that just has to get anyone excited. He is so fluid and his speed endurance is amazing. It almost seems as if everyone else is slowing down and he is speeding up in some of his 100 and 200 races. He is just actually maintaining his speed and form better than most. He doesn't seem to tighten up like so many sprinters do.

This kid will be the talk of Paris and all of France someday very soon if he continues to progress. I can't belive how good he is at such a young age and with so little sprinting experience. Less than 5 years and he is already amazing. Keep it up Christophe!

waterbed

Mentor
white lightning said:
Don't forget Dariusz Kuc of Poland who is the same age as Blum & Pickering. He just ran a 6.59 last weekend and he has a 100 p.b. of 10.17!  I'm hoping that Pickering, Blum, Kuc, and Lematire can all get in the 10.10 range or better in the near future. 

Lemaitre has such long strides. He just eats up the track and he looks very smooth and relaxed while doing it. 

It's hard to see which one of these guys will get there the fastest but at the moment, Christian Blum just might be first. He form is incredible and he is silky smooth. He also has a very nice stride length. One thing I would like to see more of is to see white sprinters with longer stride length.  Have you guys seen Dallas Robinson and his strides. Lemaitre is probably the closest to him.

Usain Bolt probably has the longest stride length of anyone I have ever seen but he is also taking way too many flinstone vitamins in my honest opinion!
smiley36.gif

yes he takes big strides which is great for top speed and end speed.I counted his steps I do that with counting the left or right arm swings.he swinged 14 times with left arm and taked 29 and 28 strides in the final I think.60 meter in 28-29 strides in the 60 is like 43+- in the 100( I included end steps bigger then first steps
smiley2.gif
so around 65% of steps in first 60 meters of 100 meter.

I think 43 strides is not even that much more strides then Bolt.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I knew he was skinny but that is really light. It makes me even happier however because he is such a natural. You are right yuri. When he puts on some serious muscle, he should really start to run some eye popping times. This kid is just born to run!
smiley32.gif

j41181

Master
yuri malenkov said:
LEMAITRE is 6-3 1/2 153 pounds> WHEN he fills in at 185 or so he will be a real gold medal threat in the 100m outdoor.
Yeah, If he could add some serious muscle to go with his natural touch, there's a sub-10 for you!!
smiley32.gif

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is a nice short article about Christophe. They are already calling him their best hope for the London 2012 Olympics! Wow is that quite a compliment. The kid is 18 and he has them talking about his potential to be an exceptional sprinter. I see the talent as well. Just wait till he gets a little stronger as he becomes a man! Here is the link. I hope it works as it is translated from french to english.

[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 &u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.20minutes.fr%2Farticle%2F308069%2FSport- Lemaitre-poursuit-son-apprentissage.php&sl=fr&tl=en&history_ state0=[/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Here is another good article about this young man from France. They see him as almost a sure thing for a medal in 2012. This is amazing talk about a kid who is so raw. His coach says he will run under 10 seconds without a doubt. I love the confidence in this kid and his coaching staff around him. They say that he has to be careful to not train too hard because he is probably still growing. He is special. That is for sure. I just hope he can handle the pressure of a nation rooting for him. He has two other teammates to help push him. Here is the link to the article.

[url]http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 &u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.liberation.fr%2Fsports%2F0101552759-lema itre-fait-ses-classes-en-accelere&sl=fr&tl=en&history_state0 =[/url]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm really pumped up about this kid. He just has so much upside to go. Once Christophe fills out a little, and continues to get more experience, there is no saying just how fast he might go! I cannot emphasize that enough. He has 9.80's potential down the road. He has barely even run track for but a handful of years. Christophe is totally raw. This kid will make finals in both the olympics and world championships. He is that good. We just need to be patient.

Christophe Lemaitre will only be 21/22 at the Olympics in London. The 2016 Olympics will be when he is at his peak. I hope he becomes a household name!

j41181

Master
white lightning said:
I'm really pumped up about this kid. He just has so much upside to go. Once Christophe fills out a little, and continues to get more experience, there is no saying just how fast he might go! I cannot emphasize that enough. He has 9.80's potential down the road. He has barely even run track for but a handful of years. Christophe is totally raw. This kid will make finals in both the olympics and world championships. He is that good. We just need to be patient.

Christophe Lemaitre will only be 21/22 at the Olympics in London. The 2016 Olympics will be when he is at his peak. I hope he becomes a household name!
I agree, all he needs is a couple of more muscles.

Advanced congratulations for your 4,000th post!
smiley32.gif

Keep posting dude!

StarWars

Mentor
He may simply be the best young talent at the 100m to live. He is so similar to Usain bolt it is striking, and he does it at 155 lbs! If he were to take steroids like the Jamaicans I would fully expect him to break 9.8, but clean I still think he can get in the low 9.8x's.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
King Lemaitre. Has a nice ring to it. He will wake alot of people up. It was said for many years that there would never be another white heavyweight champion in boxing. All of the heavyweight champions are white now and they have dominated for the last 5 years or so. We also are dominating from the lightweights, to the middleweights.

Europe doesn't buy into the negative stereotypes about whites like americans do. They compete with a fury. The European Men & Women have great pride. If only people here could learn to do the same.

Christophe Lemaitre will leave people with their jaws wide open before too long. They will then wakeup to the possibility that whites can run like the wind too. Lemaitre should get into the 10.10 range this summer if things go right. Remember that he is 18 years of age. His talent is immense! I'm hoping that with Lemaitre and Blum sprinting well, it will also light a fire and get Pickering back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.