Brian Leonard 23

devans

Mentor
Is it any coincidence that Jackson is starting to talk up his personal aims for the season?

ST. LOUIS (June 14, 2007) -- Steven Jackson always sets goals for himself. This year, the St. Louis Rams running back has his eye on the NFL single-season mark for yardage.

Jackson wants to break the current mark of 2,529 yards from scrimmage, set by former Ram Marshall Faulk in 1999. Last year, Jackson's goal was 1,600 yards rushing; he fell short with 1,528 yards.

Last year was still a breakout season for Jackson, who led the NFL with 2,334 yards rushing and receiving -- 11 ahead of San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson. He caught 90 passes for 806 yards. Jackson's performance earned him a berth in the Pro Bowl, his first in his three years with the Rams.

Now the 6-foot-2, 231-pound Jackson thinks he can surpass Faulk's record. In 1999, Faulk rushed for 1,381 yards and added another 1,048 receiving in helping the Rams win the Super Bowl against Tennessee.

im kinda hoping Jackson leaves at the end of next season better yet goes down at the start f this one Linehan has said Brian is the 2nd string rnning bakc and if he can crack a 1000 yard season as we know he can and white runnng backs may get a shot

devans said:
Is it any coincidence that Jackson is starting to talk up his personal aims for the season?

ST. LOUIS (June 14, 2007) -- Steven Jackson always sets goals for himself. This year, the St. Louis Rams running back has his eye on the NFL single-season mark for yardage.

Jackson wants to break the current mark of 2,529 yards from scrimmage, set by former Ram Marshall Faulk in 1999. Last year, Jackson's goal was 1,600 yards rushing; he fell short with 1,528 yards.

Last year was still a breakout season for Jackson, who led the NFL with 2,334 yards rushing and receiving -- 11 ahead of San Diego's LaDainian Tomlinson. He caught 90 passes for 806 yards. Jackson's performance earned him a berth in the Pro Bowl, his first in his three years with the Rams.

Now the 6-foot-2, 231-pound Jackson thinks he can surpass Faulk's record. In 1999, Faulk rushed for 1,381 yards and added another 1,048 receiving in helping the Rams win the Super Bowl against Tennessee.
lol...No. Steven has always had lofty aspirations, he wants to be the best he can...and he oozes with confidence which many mistake for arrogance. There is no coincidence here.

No they wont have 26.
So far this is how the rams look with white players. A few are likely to be cut:

Offense:

QB: Marc Bulger, Gues Frerotte, Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: Brian Leonard
FB: Madison Hedgecock, Brad lau
TE: Joe Klopfenstein
WR: Drew bennett, Dane Looker
OT: Todd Steussie, Drew Strojny
OG: Richie Incognito, Mark Setterstrom, Adam Goldberg
OC: Andy McCollum, Brett Romberg, Dustin Fry

Defense:

DE: None
DT: Adam Carriker
LB: Tim Mcgarigle
CB: None
S: Todd Johnson
K: Jeff "money" Wilkins
P: Donnie Jones
LS: Chris Massey

backrow

Hall of Famer
Chillar is half white, half Indian. i count him as white.

BrandonChillar_new.jpg

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I agree with you Freedom, of course my 4% native blood may bias me a little.
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
He's white. Now if his last name was Eaglefeather, that's another story.
smiley2.gif

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Passes the "cracker" test to me.
smiley36.gif

Besides even Indians were allowed to play in the bigs prior to 1947. That's cause in comparison to OTHER groups they are more civilized.

white is right

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
Passes the "cracker" test to me.
smiley36.gif

Besides even Indians were allowed to play in the bigs prior to 1947. That's cause in comparison to OTHER groups they are more civilized.
There are 2 hall of fame tailbacks that were native(or significantly)and another who was in the all decade 30's team(who should be in the hall). So Native Americans were at least treated as honourary whites....

Freedom

Mentor
Chillar's father is from India, Indian
smiley1.gif
. I'm also slightly Cherokee like Col. Reb.

Many Indians are white. Many are Dravidian. Most are mixed.I'd still consider him white because of his look, and the fact that unless he is an engineer, his Indian ethnicity doesn't factor in the United States. In the US, Indians were classified as members of the Caucasian race.

cslewis1

Guru
Freedom said:
In the US, Indians were classified as members of the Caucasian race.

I always wondered about that. And the fact you can be a white hispanic or something like that. Doens't that mean that the number of whites are even less than the census would dictate, which means it's an even shorter time before we're a minority???

backrow

Hall of Famer
going back to Brian Leonard before this discussion gets sidetracked again: he will most likely wear number 23 instead of the current one (36)assigned to him.

backrow

Hall of Famer
2007-07-15_171800_photo5.jpg

here's a proof: Brian (23) is on the left of Stephen Jackson, Brad Lau (48) on the rightEdited by: backrow

lumsdenpower

Mentor
For those who like video game football..
In Madden 2008, i've seen the rating of Leonard.
He listed at RB! That's cool, he is the first since Forsey on this game I think. Well he is 73 or 75 I can't really tell from the poor video but that 73 or 75!.
Weddle is listed at strong safety

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It will be cool to see Brian wearing the 23 in the NFL. I just hope he gets major carries.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Will anyone crash the Tennessee message boards with me at Footballsfuture, Scout.com, Tennessee's Yahoo page and Tennessee's official site message board to blast their GM for passing on Leonard in favour of Chris Henry and his 3.5 yards a carry out of Arizona just b/c he ran a 4.33 40 yard dash?

It sickens me that Henry is likely to get plenty of playing time in Tennessee b/c of their need at RB. Leonard is listed in fantasy magazines behind guys like Henry, Brandon Jackson of the Packers, Kenny Irons of Cincinatti (he might compliment Rudy Johnson as a scat HB) and Phili's Tony Hunt despite being listed as the third best RB by NFLdraftscout.com for this draft year.

Also could someone tell me when Steven Jackson's contract is up with St. Louis b/c I don't see Leonard doing very much with Jackson on the team.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

backrow

Hall of Famer
and they will likely want to keep him, unless Leonard shows some big time skills.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
lumsdenpower, can you tell me where u saw the madden video for Brian Leonard?