Brian Leonard 23

a-train

Guru
Out in Mobile met Leonards Parents some of the nicest people you would ever meet.They said he wants to play RB lets hope he get's a shot.They said look for him to run 4.45.

jared

Mentor
That's awesome to hear. I've also heard that Mayock ranks him highly as a RB but I can't seem to find that anywhere on the web.

White Mike

Guru
jared said:
That's awesome to hear. I've also heard that Mayock ranks him highly as a RB but I can't seem to find that anywhere on the web.

Jared if you watch NFL Network, the scroller at the bottom of the screen list Mayocks top 5 at each position. Leonard is listed as #4 RB and Eric Weddle is listed as #5 Safety. Doubtful Weddle will ever get a shot to play CB. I'm just glad the guy is gonna get a shot.

jared

Mentor
Thanks. I imagine Weddle will start out as a nickleback regardless of his CB or S designation.

White Mike

Guru
Moyock is gonna break down the top prospects at RB tonight on NFL Network. Show called "Path to the Draft." 6:30p 10:00p & 1:30a. Hope to see Leonard get some press time.Edited by: White Mike

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I hope Brian and Eric both somehow get in the first round.

JD074

Master
a-train said:
Out in Mobile met Leonards Parents some of the nicest people you would ever meet.They said he wants to play RB lets hope he get's a shot.They said look for him to run 4.45.

4.45 would be a phenomenal time. (Still not a guarantee that he would get a fair shot, of course.)

jared

Mentor
White Mike said:
MOyock is gonna break down the top prospects at RB tonight on NFL Network. Show called "Path to the Draft." 6:30p 10:00p & 1:30a. Hope to see Leonard get some press time.
Only caught the last three minutes, what did he say?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I fully expect him to end up on a team somewhere, but whether he plays or gets to run the ball or not is something totally different.

jared

Mentor
Having Mayock in his corner is a huge plus. Plus Leonard is pretty high profile too.It was a bummer how he didn't get the ball much this year but Rutgers' huge season definitely put him more in the spotlight. He's got a lot of people who know his name and a lot of fans pulling for him, I'd put money on him getting picked in the second round. I really think he's gonna get significant carries next season. Bravo to Brian for showing up at a lighter weight to the Senior Bowl.

nhl411

Guru
i got to hear a little of what mayock said about leonard and apparently he had him as the number 4 hb, he said he had nifty feet, versatility and was a perfect tailback for the I

White Mike

Guru
Sportscenter had a nice piece on Brian this morning. Brian talked about how he is working on his 40 technique. They showed some nice highlights, and had nothing but great things to say about him. This publicity will hopefully get more people talking, and could mean big things for the movement.

REDNOSE

Guru
They also referred to him as a fullback. They compared him to the big burly guys that are battering rams. How can anyone look at Leonard with a strait face and call him that.

C Darwin

Mentor
Regarding the BL showcase, I think I saw the same segment the night before. Did you see the part of the piece where they had some pie-hole spewing forth his analysis of Leonard? He stated that Leonard is not fast enough to play the tail, and not big enough to play the full back position.

Leave it to ESPN to caste Brian Leonard HARD!

backrow

Hall of Famer
some of the opinions on Brian Leonard wanting to play tailback, taken from TB Bucs message boards:

"On Sportscenter, they just said he's dropped 10 pounds and that he hopes to be a Tailback. Bad move, in my opinion. Very, very bad move in my opinion. He'll be drafted as a fullback, and after losing 10 pounds, he'll drop."

"I'm definitely against drafting him...regardless of how much he weighs. But, I think he would have made a good FB had he bulked up. On Sportscenter they showed him without pads, and he looked like a little girl.

Oh well, that's his choice."

"I think he would have made a decent fullback. I've not seen him play beyond the highlight videos of him running, but the scouting reports have pegged him as a decent blocker. You're right though. The only player's he'll be blocking at his current weight are kickers and punters."

there was some people defending him and his decision, but yeah that's the gist of it
smiley7.gif

show 'em Brian!!!Edited by: backrow

jared

Mentor
Screw Gruden and the Bucs. They get Alstott another year. They can wait for Owen Schmitt to graduate and carry the A-train torch next year. Brian's a tailback.

mark b.

I know, you know, we all know that Brian Leonard will fall through the cracks just like every other rb that has come out of college in the last 30 years. Even Mike Alstott, who I think could have been one of the best ever got totally screwed by the system. He only had a couple of really productive years, because they wouldn't let him run the ball. If they will not let a Mike Alstott run the ball why in the hell do you think they will let Brian Leonard run the ball. Things have only gotten worse since Alstott entered the NFL. Why in the hell Alstott didn't ask to be traded I'll never understand. He could have been another John Riggins with the right team. Based on some of the comments I've seen posted, I'm not sure half the people on this site believe in him. Some think he's a tailback and some think a fullback. Either way he is screwed. We should have seen this coming after what happened his senior year at Rutgers. If they don't have any faith in him why would NFL coaches. When you start seeing people saying he's to slow for tailback and not big enough for fullback you can sticka fork in him because he is done.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
mark b., Ithink everyone on this site believes in his ability. It is the predictable nature of how he will be treated, no matter his draft position, that we moan about. He'd make just as great a blocker as a runner, and I think he can do it at the weight he's at now. Believing in a player is easy, but believing he'll get a shot is something totally different.

mark b.

We don;'t need any more white blockers. Colleges and the NFL are full of them. We need white rb to run the ball. Anything else is totally unacceptable.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We need more white players period. With that said, I understand what you are saying. We do need whites to run the ball, but the way things are now, we have no choice but to accept what happens to whites when they get to the NFL. An alternative has to exist, and it doesn't, yet.

backrow

Hall of Famer
and even on f**kin youtube there are bunch of idiots giving him all kinds of sh*t...i wonder why???

smiley11.gif

PS thanks for links jcole, i will keep an eye on this guy. Even rivals consider him one of the best prospects IN THE COUNTRY! Sam McGuffie's profileEdited by: backrow