2023 NFL Week 9

Warhawk_46

Master
Yeah there's lot being given a chance but aren't many doing well at all. Mahommes Hurts Tua Stroud I'm struggling after that. Prescott looks bang average, Jackson doesn't look as good as a couple of years ago.
It won’t matter. All it takes is a few succeeding and the narrative is set. Look at the hype given to average black college quarterbacks. The league and its teams will continue to sacrifice wins and quality play to get “their” magical negro quarterback.

And the DWF masses will not question why so many bust and are garbage, similar to how they never question why only blacks play defensive back or running back. The narrative has been set that black quarterbacks are what succeed in the new NFL.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Reed Blankenship with a great tackle on Schoonmaker stopping him inches from TD.

NikoDuke

Mentor
NYG has an absolutely horrendous O-line. Devito should be making quicker decisions however, he is constantly under pressure as his line is pure trash..

ximasa

Guru
Reed Blankenship with a great tackle on Schoonmaker stopping him inches from TD.

Hard to believe he was an UDFA, yea not hard we all know.

When was the last SS/FS who wasn't Harrison Smith signed a firm contract extension?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Latest report is that Daniel Jones blew out a knee, which is certainly what it looked like when it happened. He's had so much bad luck, from bad coaching to mediocre receivers and simply terrible offensive lines year after year, and now this.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
O’Connell playing well against the hapless Giants.

Jones left earlier after his knee buckled on a non contact play. Not a good sign. DeVito not looking very competent but one of his picks was right through Slayton’s hands and off his shoulder pad. Listening on the radio and the crew rightly called him out and not the rookie QB.

@Don Wassall mentioned that Jones injury sounds like a torn ACL. If so, he may be back in time for the 2024 regular season after signing the 4 year extension back in March. Hopefully he has some stability in his contract and a quick recovery without any issues. Jones has been given a very bad deal since entering the league. Curious to see what the Giants do at the QB position for the remainder of the year in what is a lost season.

O'Connell has a solid opportunity the second half of the season to perhaps bring himself into the conversation as the Raiders starting QB. He looked very good in preseason with his arm strength, anticipation and arm strength all standing out to me. Rooting for him to do well down the stretch.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Joe Burrow is playing like an NFL MVP since he got back to full health. The Bengals jump to a 7-0 lead! This is a big
game for the Bills and even though I like both teams I think the Bills really need this win to get back on track.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
After Mixon scored we were treated to perp shots of the two "whitest" looking members of the all black Buffalo defense, neither of whom figured in the play. Too much

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hendrickson with pressure on one play. On the next it’s Hubbard, causing a hold and pressuring Allen to throw away. Bills punt.

You could argue that Hendrickson and Hubbard are the best pair of 4-3 DEs in the league. Yet they are the only starting White duo. Another Caste anomaly I guess…..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hendrickson with pressure on one play. On the next it’s Hubbard, causing a hold and pressuring Allen to throw away. Bills punt.

You could argue that Hendrickson and Hubbard are the best pair of 4-3 DEs in the league. Yet they are the only starting White duo. Another Caste anomaly I guess…..
There's also Hutchinson and Cominsky, another good duo.

Warhawk_46

Master
Crosby is my pick for the best defensive player in the NFL. He does it all. Excellent against the run and equally as outstanding rushing the passer. He is on pace for what, 18 sacks and routinely is at the leaderboard of overall pressures and hits. He has taken the mantle solidly from JJ Watt.

Warhawk_46

Master
After Mixon scored we were treated to perp shots of the two "whitest" looking members of the all black Buffalo defense, neither of whom figured in the play. Too much
As if there wasn’t a more egregious example of the “unwritten rule” to make sure television audiences know white defenders are the cause of bad defensive plays.

No white defenders so the camera operators hone in on the lightest mixed guys they can find.

Snow Plow

Guru
Positives of the day from my perspective:

-Joe Burrow back to his normal superstar self so far in the first half
-Aidan O’Connell with 209 and at least got Hunter Renfrow involved with 2 catches for 32 yards
-Robert Spillane 9 tackles and Maxx Crosby 8 including 3 sacks
-Leo Chanal 7 tackles and Drue Tranquil 6
-Rookie Tyson Bagent was solid early and threw 2 tds to Cole Kmet
-Jack Sanborn 10 tackles including 1 for a loss
-Derek Carr 211 and 2 TDs in a win and Taysom Hill with a TD passing as well as receiving in addition to 50 plus yards rushing
-Baker Mayfield 265 and 2 TDs to Cade Otton
-Dalton Schultz 10 for 130 and a TD
-Jake Ferguson 7 for 91 and a TD
-Rookie Luke Musgrave 3 for 51 and a TD
-Mark Andrews 9 for 80
-Sam Howell 325 and a TD
-Hunter Henry 4 for 39 and a TD

Did I miss anything?

Warhawk_46

Master
So I am catching up on games I wasn’t able to watch today and notice the Cowboys refusal to utilize Huber Luepke. They are sitting on a 6’1”, 240 lb Peyton Hillis clone who deserves at least 10 rushes a game. He would wear down defense and be an instant fan favorite as well.

But alas… he is white.

Warhawk_46

Master
Did you men see Bill Barnell over at ESPN’s mid season awards list? Incomprehensible.

He has McCaffrey in third for Offensive Player of the Year (behind Brown and Hill, nevermind that it is easier than ever to play wide receiver in the league). But even more egregious are his picks for Coach of the Year (Mike Tomlin!) and Most Valuable Player (Lamar Jackson).

Tomlin and Jackson are both lower-tier performers this year and generally speaking the last few years.

Dan Campbell in Detroit is my pick for Coach. MVP, not sure but sure as **** isn’t Jackson.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Jackson has been one of the best quarterbacks in the league this season and his team is 7-2.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Jackson has been one of the best quarterbacks in the league this season and his team is 7-2.
I've been rooting against Jackson since he came into the league and couldn't even throw the ball. But I'm not going to disparage his performance this season, he's completing 71% of his passes, thrown for almost 2,000 yards and ran for another 440. Team is 7-2 and just demolished a decent Chompin' Pete Seahawks team. Credit where credit is due. From here on out I hope he's a dumpster fire and the Ravens lose all of their games.