2023 NFL Week 9

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Thought I would get this one started as it features Don's Pittsburgh Steelers against the Tennessee Titans in Pittsburgh. This should be an entertaining matchup, especially since it features two up-and-coming white starters at QB. Hopefully I'll have a moment later on to actually watch some of it.

icsept

Master
Hopefully both QBs play well, and TJ Watt picks up a couple sacks. I wonder if Levis will be allowed to succeed…he has all the alpha White male traits that are anaethema to modern USA.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Thought I would get this one started as it features Don's Pittsburgh Steelers against the Tennessee Titans in Pittsburgh. This should be an entertaining matchup, especially since it features two up-and-coming white starters at QB. Hopefully I'll have a moment later on to actually watch some of it.
Since they're "my" Steelers, I'm hereby announcing that I'm officially selling the team. First bid over $5 billion becomes the new owner(s).

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Since they're "my" Steelers, I'm hereby announcing that I'm officially selling the team. First bid over $5 billion becomes the new owner(s).
:sisi1 It always amuses me when a poster, either here or elsewhere refers to a team as "my team" or "we" when talking about them.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite the facts that I like both of these teams I'm rooting a little harder for the Titans. Will Levis is very important to our cause
here. Picket hopefully will be the long time answer at qb for the Steelers if he stays healthy. Levis still has alot to prove that he
can and should be the starter for the next decade. Hoping for another big game like last weekend!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pickett is good when given time to throw.
The Steelers' woes on offense have been a group effort. That being said, Pickett has thrown a number of wayward passes. Other times he holds onto the ball too long. He really hasn't improved much from last season yet, hopefully that will change soon.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The Steelers' woes on offense have been a group effort. That being said, Pickett has thrown a number of wayward passes. Other times he holds onto the ball too long. He really hasn't improved much from last season yet, hopefully that will change soon.
and then there's the dropped passes. That one went right through the receivers hands.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Diontae Johnson may have the worst hands of any receiver in the league.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kyle Phillips with his second reception and an even better throw from Levis.

Kyle Phillips is having a breakout game! In the first half he already has 3 catches for 56 yards! Let's hope he hits
the century mark tonight. Phillips looks very explosive out there and he has great hands & footwork!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Najeh Harris actually has a good run. They've been very few and far between in his career. Herbie immediately makes excuses, blaming the o-line for the lack of them, yet the UFA Warren is a much better runner when it comes to average yards per carry and big plays.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
The rookie TE from Georgia (Washington) gets a short pass and praise from the announce crew. They said he’s athletic but I’d say lumbering was more like it. I think he’s mostly a blocker, which is fine, but he received a lot of hype during the draft process.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The rookie TE from Georgia (Washington) gets a short pass and praise from the announce crew. They said he’s athletic but I’d say lumbering was more like it. I think he’s mostly a blocker, which is fine, but he received a lot of hype during the draft process.
His hype was ridiculous. Found this YouTube video at the top of a search:

The title of it is "The Unicorn of the 2023 NFL Draft -- Darnell Washington 2022 Highlights." I didn't watch and am not about to. But read the comments right below it to see DWFs at their most delusional and idiotic.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pickens with awful footwork on what should have been a TD. Pickett left him with plenty of room to get two feet down. Pickett has calmed down in the second half after making a few overthrows in the first half. Levis looks very good.

Great to see Kyle Phillips out there.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
His hype was ridiculous. Found this YouTube video at the top of a search:

The title of it is "The Unicorn of the 2023 NFL Draft -- Darnell Washington 2022 Highlights." I didn't watch and am not about to. But read the comments right below it to see DWFs at their most delusional and idiotic.

Wow, those DWFs and militant blacks sure are buffoons. Many called for this guy to go in the 1st round. Before tonight, he had 1 catch for 10 yards on the season!

Also if this lead-footed oaf is a “unicorn”, then what does that make LaPorta and Kincaid who are exponentially better?

Snow Plow

Mentor
Kincaid had a lot of hype as a WR type. Musgrave had some combine hype due to his speed. I didn’t hear a ton about LaPorta as he played on a weak Iowa offense so he was a bit unknown, but had a fast 40 tome. Mayer had some hype, but more as an all around TE and not as much as a pass catcher.

The Washington hype was a bit insane. He didn’t have the production, but it was assumed that his height and athleticism was what mattered.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Kincaid had a lot of hype as a WR type. Musgrave had some combine hype due to his speed. I didn’t hear a ton about LaPorta as he played on a weak Iowa offense so he was a bit unknown, but had a fast 40 tome. Mayer had some hype, but more as an all around TE and not as much as a pass catcher.

The Washington hype was a bit insane. He didn’t have the production, but it was assumed that his height and athleticism was what mattered.

Hopefully Mayer breaks out in the 2nd half of the season with McDaniels gone.

The Washington hype is just pure caste system programming - we have seen fans fall for this for decades now.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Steelers won in a hard fought game. I honestly thought that Will Levis outplayed Pickett who has alot more experience thus far. I see
Will Levis becoming a star. He is similar to Joe Burrow in some ways though not as advanced. He looked great tonight despite taking the
loss. He will live to play another day.

So happy for Kyle Phillips. 4 catches for 68 yards. I think he is on a great team. I remember what the Steelers did with Danny Farmer back in the day. A crime against an incredible receiver. UCLA has Logan Loya comine to the draft soon. Hope to see 2 former Bruins tearing up the
league at the wide receiver position with the stud running back Carson Steele to come a year or two after that!

Pretty surprised with Levis. He's surprisingly pretty smart with the football for a strong armed rookie. Box score isn't going to do him justice but he put up a respectable performance against a top defense.

Phillips is also a solid receiver, hopefully he can stay on the field and rack up some numbers. Titans are suddenly an interesting watch even though I don't expect them to win a whole lot this year.

I am still rooting for Pickett, but I think he's pretty close to his ceiling. He reminds me a little bit of a slightly better Mark Sanchez with the Jets, he can do just enough to squeeze out wins with a good defense.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
I was favoring the Titans against "Don's team". But glad it was a good game. Levis did not look like a rookie at all. The fact that he targeted Kyle Phillips is a bonus. If nothing else, he now has confidence in Phillips