2023 NFL Week 9

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I've been rooting against Jackson since he came into the league and couldn't even throw the ball. But I'm not going to disparage his performance this season, he's completing 71% of his passes, thrown for almost 2,000 yards and ran for another 440. Team is 7-2 and just demolished a decent Chompin' Pete Seahawks team. Credit where credit is due. From here on out I hope he's a dumpster fire and the Ravens lose all of their games.
He has a recent track record of breaking down in the 2nd half of the season with injury. Obviously he takes the wear and tear of running too much but also I think he just isn't built for the cold weather that's coming.

icsept

Master
Josh Dobbs is being universally praised for his performance for the Vikings. He led them to victory despite not practicing or knowing the playbook. This goes to show how the QB position has been dumbed down. Kevin O’Connell was literally in his ear telling him what to do on each play.

Here’s my conspiracy theory: the rule allowing the QB to wear an audio device in his helmet was specifically introduced to assist the black QB replacement agenda.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Josh Dobbs is being universally praised for his performance for the Vikings. He led them to victory despite not practicing or knowing the playbook. This goes to show how the QB position has been dumbed down. Kevin O’Connell was literally in his ear telling him what to do on each play.

Here’s my conspiracy theory: the rule allowing the QB to wear an audio device in his helmet was specifically introduced to assist the black QB replacement agenda.

I think the QB communication was a product of the 90s. Honestly, it's just dumbed down offenses, bad defenses, defensive rules hampering bad defenses even more, more space and open areas because of the changes in rules making the position easier to play than ever. Most concepts in NFL offenses are now very remedial and these black qbs pretty much play in the same type of system from high school on up. Most NFL offenses look the same and their is really no deviation. 20 years ago Mike Martz was considered an outlier with his heavy reliance on passing the ball and ball placement. Wide open offenses weren't the norm and now the NFL is much more QB friendly. I don't think it's a conspiracy but lots of incremental adjusting to ensure blacks with lower IQs and slower mental processing would be successful. Again 20-25 years ago most of these black qbs would be playing another position. It's just like the defenseless NBA now.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
being fair to quotas. Not high on the priority list. But to each his own.

icsept

Master
I think the QB communication was a product of the 90s. Honestly, it's just dumbed down offenses, bad defenses, defensive rules hampering bad defenses even more, more space and open areas because of the changes in rules making the position easier to play than ever. Most concepts in NFL offenses are now very remedial and these black qbs pretty much play in the same type of system from high school on up. Most NFL offenses look the same and their is really no deviation. 20 years ago Mike Martz was considered an outlier with his heavy reliance on passing the ball and ball placement. Wide open offenses weren't the norm and now the NFL is much more QB friendly. I don't think it's a conspiracy but lots of incremental adjusting to ensure blacks with lower IQs and slower mental processing would be successful. Again 20-25 years ago most of these black qbs would be playing another position. It's just like the defenseless NBA now.
All of the above. The 1990’s is when the push for black QBs began in earnest.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What a Coal Bowl the Monday night game is. The Jets with Wilson and two White o-linemen; the Chargers with Herbert, one White o-lineman, and Bosa.

The Chargers were becoming a semi-likeable team in recent years but have really darkened this season. If I have to pick one in this game I'll take the Jets simply because I root for Zach Wilson to have success.

Edit: Tyler Conklin is more or less the starter at TE for NYJ, but Uzomah also sees significant snaps.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Snowplow alert? Does anyone else, besides CF advocate for more?

Snow Plow

Mentor
Morgan Fox and Joey Bosa sharing the sack. Bosa has another sack and fumble recovery.

Lack of white OL is making NFL shite.
Yep. Everyone acknowledges the decline of offensive line play, but they always point to things like today's game having "better athletes" on defense, which is almost entirely baseless. Scouts become fixated on "long arms", just like they do with "oily hips" and "athletic upside". For every Trent Williams, the SEC produces 20 sumo busts that the NFL will happily gobble up like clockwork.

Warhawk_46

Master
He has a recent track record of breaking down in the 2nd half of the season with injury. Obviously he takes the wear and tear of running too much but also I think he just isn't built for the cold weather that's coming.
He has thrown 9 TD and 3 INT this year in 9 games played. He is on pace for around 800 yards rushing. Baltimore is a very talented team top to bottom. He is no where near the MVP of the league though.

Hurts and Tua are better. Burrow is better. Kirk Cousins is (was) better. Allen is better.

jphoss

Mentor
Yep. Everyone acknowledges the decline of offensive line play, but they always point to things like today's game having "better athletes" on defense, which is almost entirely baseless. Scouts become fixated on "long arms", just like they do with "oily hips" and "athletic upside". For every Trent Williams, the SEC produces 20 sumo busts that the NFL will happily gobble up like clockwork.
I don’t get the fascination with “long arms”, Zach Martin is the best guard of this generation and he has pretty short arms. When you think about it if the guy doesn’t know how to use that length he is at a disadvantage bc it then becomes easier to get inside and off balance him.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I don’t get the fascination with “long arms”, Zach Martin is the best guard of this generation and he has pretty short arms. When you think about it if the guy doesn’t know how to use that length he is at a disadvantage bc it then becomes easier to get inside and off balance him.
In terms of weightlifting and powerlifting, it’s understood that having long arms is a huge disadvantage. It’s all in the psychics / mechanics of the range of motion. Someone like Zach Martin’s body type would be much more common among top powerlifters than say a long armed sumo like Mekhi Becton. In fact the latter would have virtually no chance in competing. So any reach advantage could easily be negated by a strength disadvantage. Of course you also have to consider lower body strength and quick and agile feet when evaluating a prospect. Few of these long armed lineman have that total package so the percentage of busts with long arms is going to be high.

Looking at the racial angle, blacks do have longer arms than Whites on average. Whites however have the strength advantage as can be seen in bench reps at the combine, and more broadly in their domination of World’s Strongest Man competitions. So the push to put long arms as a top metric when grading offensive linemen, and tackles more specifically, is to advantage black athletes over White ones. It’s the same as how 40 yard dash (the one metric blacks have a notable advantage) has been elevated to the main evaluation tool for skill players, despite the shorter dash split and 3 cone shuttles showing a more useful indicator of success.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
What a Coal Bowl the Monday night game is. The Jets with Wilson and two White o-linemen; the Chargers with Herbert, one White o-lineman, and Bosa.

The Chargers were becoming a semi-likeable team in recent years but have really darkened this season. If I have to pick one in this game I'll take the Jets simply because I root for Zach Wilson to have success.

Edit: Tyler Conklin is more or less the starter at TE for NYJ, but Uzomah also sees significant snaps.
Yep, your observation of the Chargers is indeed correct. Other than the Cardinals and Browns, the Chargers declined the most from last year in terms of White players.

For anyone further interested check out the overall team demographics and how they compare to last year, see here: https://castefootball.us/threads/2023-nfl-team-demographics.39504/

To see why the Chargers are just a run of the mill Caste Squad, see here: https://castefootball.us/threads/2023-los-angeles-chargers.39443/#post-825875

PS - note I highlighted their coal tight end depth chart as a ridiculous disadvantage to Herbert considering how many talented White ones exist and could be had in every draft. Everett has 167 yards and Parnham Jr 107. Bottom tier production for sure and easily predicable.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Letting Drue Tranquill leave after he played so well last year, even though he ended up signing with rival KC for relative peanuts and not even as a guaranteed starter, symbolizes the "new direction" of the Chargers. And for too many years they've had a mostly sumo o-line, and are one of the very few teams who seem to never have any White tight ends. I kinda liked them last year because of the sprinkling of Whites on defense and of course Herbert, but now I'll be happy when Staley is fired, not that it's going to make any difference in the Caste NFL.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
A few random observations here. In Kansas City everyone is seemingly amazed that Drue Tranquill is every bit as good as Bolton. There is no awareness of his previous success with a team that everyone sees twice a year.

Chargers - Jets game was pure awful. The only way to watch this drek is to tune in the the Payton and Eli broadcast on ESPN. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Trevor Lawrence were among the guests. Payton commented in regards to the helmet audio that whenever he didn't like the calls coming in, he would pretend that he couldn't hear them so he could call his own plays! There was also some really good analysis of what Zack Wilson could do to improve in certain areas, very insightful stuff. Zach needs to watch this telecast and take some notes!

The offensive line thing is something that I've ranted about many times in the past. It doesn't seem to me that the teams or scouts even bother to watch these guys in college. It's all measurements and schools/conferences. The long arms thing has never made any sense at all besides that blacks tend to have longer arms. That's really the only reason it's quantified. As an offensive lineman, long arms do you no good, it's actually a detriment. It's not like you can reach out with your "wingspan" to block people, that's a penalty. They deride white linemen with comments like "boring feet", whatever that means. A lineman should have good size (and not all blubber), be very strong, have the ability to get low and have good body control, and have elite short-area quickness. Short shuttle and 10 yard sprint splits should be all that would be important in the "track" measurements. Oh, and O-linemen need to be intelligent enough to recognize what the defense is doing. These things and film that verifies. Note that with this criteria 90% of the O-lines in the league should be lily-white, but that would be rayciss and sheeeit.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
A few random observations here. In Kansas City everyone is seemingly amazed that Drue Tranquill is every bit as good as Bolton. There is no awareness of his previous success with a team that everyone sees twice a year.

Chargers - Jets game was pure awful. The only way to watch this drek is to tune in the the Payton and Eli broadcast on ESPN. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Trevor Lawrence were among the guests. Payton commented in regards to the helmet audio that whenever he didn't like the calls coming in, he would pretend that he couldn't hear them so he could call his own plays! There was also some really good analysis of what Zack Wilson could do to improve in certain areas, very insightful stuff. Zach needs to watch this telecast and take some notes!

The offensive line thing is something that I've ranted about many times in the past. It doesn't seem to me that the teams or scouts even bother to watch these guys in college. It's all measurements and schools/conferences. The long arms thing has never made any sense at all besides that blacks tend to have longer arms. That's really the only reason it's quantified. As an offensive lineman, long arms do you no good, it's actually a detriment. It's not like you can reach out with your "wingspan" to block people, that's a penalty. They deride white linemen with comments like "boring feet", whatever that means. A lineman should have good size (and not all blubber), be very strong, have the ability to get low and have good body control, and have elite short-area quickness. Short shuttle and 10 yard sprint splits should be all that would be important in the "track" measurements. Oh, and O-linemen need to be intelligent enough to recognize what the defense is doing. These things and film that verifies. Note that with this criteria 90% of the O-lines in the league should be lily-white, but that would be rayciss and sheeeit.
Good post. Don't forget the "T-Rex arms" that only White linemen are afflicted with.

Weenieworld blames the mobile Zach Wilson for all the times he was sacked in what I agree was simply a terribly played game. And they get a dig in at Aidan O'Connell while they're at it.

Jets HC Robert Saleh said the team is not considering promoting Trevor Siemian from the practice squad for Week 10.
As Saleh knows, commitment is the key to any good bit. Backing off from Zach Wilson despite a scoreless 263-yard outing in which he absorbed eight sacks while leading the Jets to six points — both coming on Greg Zuerlein field goals — would be the opposite of that commitment. Siemian hasn’t attempted a regular season pass since Week 12 of last season, but he can’t be much worse than what Wilson has offered through eight games this season. Any knower of ball would at least consider giving Siemian a chance in Week 10 against the Raiders, but instead, we will be waiting all day for a Sunday night matchup between Wilson and Aidan O’Connell.

Warhawk_46

Master
And Morgan Fox up to 5.5 in the season as well. He’s sneaky good, even mostly flying under the radar here.
Two great players! I’ve a sneaky feeling we are watching an ascending Morgan Fox. He seems to be getting better each year!

Warhawk_46

Master
Good post. Don't forget the "T-Rex arms" that only White linemen are afflicted with.

Weenieworld blames the mobile Zach Wilson for all the times he was sacked in what I agree was simply a terribly played game. And they get a dig in at Aidan O'Connell while they're at it.

Jets HC Robert Saleh said the team is not considering promoting Trevor Siemian from the practice squad for Week 10.
As Saleh knows, commitment is the key to any good bit. Backing off from Zach Wilson despite a scoreless 263-yard outing in which he absorbed eight sacks while leading the Jets to six points — both coming on Greg Zuerlein field goals — would be the opposite of that commitment. Siemian hasn’t attempted a regular season pass since Week 12 of last season, but he can’t be much worse than what Wilson has offered through eight games this season. Any knower of ball would at least consider giving Siemian a chance in Week 10 against the Raiders, but instead, we will be waiting all day for a Sunday night matchup between Wilson and Aidan O’Connell.
Agree with this post. I will point out that the long arms thing has been considered valuable for a while in that a tackle can keep a defender at bay as the defensive linemen is going to try to negate the pass block by pulling the offensive linemen in close and utilizing a swim or rip or club to work past him. There is absolutely value to length for a tackle. However, that is just one small part of what makes a lineman good. Footwork is even more important. Intelligence to understand a defender’s tendencies.

The fact the long arms is routinely promoted even at the expense of actual game film is 100% because blacks tend to have ever so slightly longer arms…. Even though, on average, they are less intelligent and have sloppier footwork and are physically weaker. But hey, their reach is a couple inches longer…

jphoss

Mentor

Great post! “Boring feet” means to me efficient and no wasted movement but cucked nfl scouts need buzzwords to draft sumos. And notice how blacks like Keyshawn johnson say Jokic is “boring” too I guess Jokic makes dominating blacks so easy it looks boring.
But back to the topic I found this link from pff so take it for what it’s worth but it looks at their grades from 2010-2013 ( and i think their grading back then was much better) and compared the grades to linemen arm length and there was ZERO correlation between arm length and performance!