2023 NFL Week 7

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
LOL. This is taken from the article:

"This column will make some of you mad and, well, what else is new. But what I'm saying is also accurate. And you know it is."

This is considered journalism today? Even for op-ed writing this is weak. I'm right and your wrong and you know it. As Stefan Molyneux used to famously say, "not an arguement!"

His “take” is a nice combination of protected black privilege, delusion and the victim mentality. Meanwhile White athletes remain under the crosshairs and criticism for every thing that goes wrong.

woody39

Mentor
Love Kelce he is amazing!! 12 for 179 and a TD!! Him and Mahomes together are on another level!! Best tight end in football, probably of all time think he is better than Gronk and as Pats fan difficult to say.

Talking of Patriots wow, what a win and Mac Jones what a game by him he did really well. Great to see Gesicki involved at the end, we need to get him involved more with Henry. Got Cole Strange next to Andrews aswell now fit which is helping.

Some good performances this week our boys at tight end dominating as always! Mark Andrews with the 2 TDs. La Porta looks amazing as well too many to mention. Hunter Henry has all the ability as well.

Finally is it me or do we seem to be seeing an up tick in defensive starters and standouts, future could be looking up so many white tackling machines and sack monsters this year!

woody39

Mentor
I think Mccaffrey plays tonight. Let’s hope he is properly okay no need to rush back if not fit although no Deebo tonight so they will be short on playmakers. Let's hope we see Kittle involved more later!

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Warhawk_46

Master
I think Mccaffrey plays tonight. Let’s hope he is properly okay no need to rush back if not fit although no Deebo tonight so they will be short on playmakers. Let's hope we see Kittle involved more later!
He is playing tonight. What makes me leery is Trent Williams is out… Let’s hope Juice is on the field a LOT tonight. Offensive line is the 49ers’ weakness and without Williams they are one of the worst in the league.

wile

Master
My intent was humor, given how much Kelce is attacked by some posters.
Ok but you might change your mind if you lived where Tray-Tay or is it Tay-Tray are in the news for every stupid little thing that cute couple does.

Snow Plow

Mentor
Not only is it very racist but also very child like with his writing skills. What a joke and he probably makes more than most of us here.
I don’t believe expressing frustration over a player running the wrong route should be written about. I would imagine the other players who understand the playbook would also feel the same as Carr when one of the future $25m per year WRs can’t run the correct route after 20+ games. He is not a rookie so he needs to be held accountable. I would guess Carr is still seen as the team leader and actually gained some respect from the vets. I wonder if the writer thought about interviewing his teammates.

As for your point about the article, I agree completely. It was poorly written and he only provided hypothetical examples of other QBs and had to compare Carr to Terrel Owens of all people. This kind of stuff is par for the course, but we should continue to point it out.

El Gringo

Mentor

Agreed, I wish he would just sit this one out and get completely healthy. I know he’s a big-time competitor and wants to get back on the field, but it would probably be better for him and the team long-term if he took a game off.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
McCaffrey had a team of people working on his injury all week long, virtually around the clock, sources told Schefter. However, he also didn't take a hit in practice all week, so while he will play, nobody knows how he will feel or react when he is tackled.

McCaffrey is aiming to extend his streak of consecutive games (including playoffs) with a touchdown to 16, which would be the second-longest streak in NFL history, trailing only former Baltimore Colts running back Lenny Moore, whose touchdown streak reached 17 between
the 1963 and '64 seasons.

espn.com

El Gringo

Mentor
McCaffrey had a team of people working on his injury all week long, virtually around the clock, sources told Schefter. However, he also didn't take a hit in practice all week, so while he will play, nobody knows how he will feel or react when he is tackled.

McCaffrey is aiming to extend his streak of consecutive games (including playoffs) with a touchdown to 16, which would be the second-longest streak in NFL history, trailing only former Baltimore Colts running back Lenny Moore, whose touchdown streak reached 17 between
the 1963 and '64 seasons.

espn.com

That’s pretty cool! There’s probably a very little chance that he’ll sit this one out then and I don’t blame him. They need to give Juice the ball on 3rd and short a few times to save some wear and tear on Christian.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I trust Christian's judgment on whether to play or not. He came back so strong last year after his career was derailed by two years of injuries and I believe he's determined to show he can now stay healthy for the rest of his playing days other than the types of minor injuries NFL players routinely come down with, especially running backs. If he feels he can play and play well, who am I to doubt him?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I trust Christian's judgment on whether to play or not. He came back so strong last year after his career was derailed by two years of injuries and I believe he's determined to show he can now stay healthy for the rest of his playing days other than the types of minor injuries NFL players routinely come down with, especially running backs. If he feels he can play and play well, who am I to doubt him?

I hope they can limit him to about 10 to 12 rushes at the most and especially in the red zone. I want to see him keep the consecutive
games with a touchdown going as he almost has the all time nfl record. Go Niners. Go Cmac!

Warhawk_46

Master
Ugh, CMC already with a lost fumble…

The 9ers offensive line outside of Williams is atrocious.

Warhawk_46

Master
Vikings offense looking very effective marching downfield on the 49ers.

Defenses are best when white defenders exist at every level… San Fransisco has one white defender.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Nice escape by Purdy. Aikman, "Purdy not the fastest QB, but athletic enough."

Can the OC not get CMAC outside just once. Dive after dive after dive into middle of the defense.

Warhawk_46

Master

Can the OC not get CMAC outside just once. Dive after dive after dive into middle of the defense.
I’m in the minority here, but have always been critical of Shanahan’s playcalling. Has been very predictable but bailed out by great playmakers.

icsept

Master

“Not the fastest” is the weakest statement. Only one out of 32 QB’s is the “fastest”. He’s not the slowest, right?

Warhawk_46

Master
Cousins is carving up the San Fran defense. Whether a pass or a run, 49ers cannot stop anything.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cousins is carving up the San Fran defense. Whether a pass or a run, 49ers cannot stop anything.

I like both teams so I will be happy either way. I do hope McCaffrey can get a touchdown though. I think the Niners can afford to lose more
than the Vikings. They really need to make the playoffs and to make a run at a Super Bowl.