2023 NFL Week 17

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
It's funny that TJ Watt is the leader of the Steelers, as he is easily the team's best player under the perpetual Rooney Rule beneficiary. Big Ben carried Mike Tomlin for many years, now a White defensive player is. Tomlin knows as many head coaches do, how to bring Whitey in at a few key places to keep it going. Otherwise it's the Caste System in all its poison.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Alex Erickson is Chargers leading receiver with 3 grabs for 52 yards so far.

El Gringo

Mentor
It's funny that TJ Watt is the leader of the Steelers, as he is easily the team's best player under the perpetual Rooney Rule beneficiary. Big Ben carried Mike Tomlin for many years, now a White defensive player is. Tomlin knows as many head coaches do, how to bring Whitey in at a few key places to keep it going. Otherwise it's the Caste System in all its poison.
Yeah, that’s a good point Don. Much like these white tight ends bailing out black quarterbacks.

jphoss

Mentor

What draft measurements do you think should matter the most when it comes to measuring athleticism?
Deceleration, and the ability to change direction, I would argue is way more important for a rb than a fast 40. But I think the idea of “athleticism” is always talked about in a narrow sense (for obvious reasons). Athleticism is sport specific and is very hard to quantify bc the body is infinitely complex. For example how do we measure an athlete’s CNS, which controls everything? How about their neural drive and synaptic connections for various motor movements? We have all known that guy who’s good in practice but sucks in games so why is that? One correlation is heart rate variability so it could be his body can’t uptake GABA well so his heart is racing during games and his performance suffers. Or how about the density of muscle spindles which help determine our reflex time, explosive power, the ability to relax and contract specific muscles and proprioception. There’s probably millions of proteins encoded in our dna which makes us more athletic in one sport vs another so when these retards just boil “athleticism” down to- run fast 40 and/or-jumps high without putting that skill into a sport specific context and without realizing that that’s nothing compared to our genetic code, body structure, and CNS it’s typical low iq thinking of these modern times

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Gunner with a 94 yard punt return......

Sensational show of athletecism! He should be used like a Tyrek Hill but we know that our guys are treated in a different way. Either
way I'm happy he is on another team that will hopefully appreciate his talent more!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
It's always been bad, especially defensive pass interference and defensive holding calls, which are so subjective. Some games are penalty filled and others have relatively few. During some games interference is called when a receiver is barely touched, others it isn't even if receivers are manhandled. There was a good example of the latter last night, I believe it was St. Brown who was hit hard and had no chance to make a catch because of it but nothing was called.
Cincinnati TE Hudson was clearly held by KC DB, but no call. Even the announcers are afraid to call it out or it's they don't believe what they're seeing with their own eyes. It sometimes makes you wonder when it's so obvious. Romo saying with excitement the Chiefs are playing great defense.

jphoss

Mentor
Agree that he shouldn't be used as a blocker the way he is and always has been. It's like putting him on special teams, ridiculous. I've noticed also that almost every play he goes in motion, almost always as a decoy; wtf he's Cooper Kupp not some backup.
I remember when larry fitz had 3 subpar seasons in a row and people were saying he was done and then the cardinals moved him to the slot and he had three straight 100 plus catch seasons. Hopefully the rams do something like that and figure out how to scheme kupp into more favorable situations next year

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Panthers getting shut out and Bryce Young struggling again is great news. Still waiting on the media to turn on him like they do with every White QB but I won't hold my breath. Anyway here is the Panthers meddlesome owner David Tepper (early history confirmed) having a temper tantrum throwing his drink onto Jaguar fans

icsept

Master
Stupid ass bengals go for it on 4th down and don’t take the points. Jackass Romo says you have to go for it. Game lost

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Browning again looking good for Cincy in a huge game for both teams. Is 2023 the year of the "Backup" White QB execelling? Just as Whites do at every position when given a shot, yes it is. Surprising only to "progressives'

Mason Rudolph and Stidham played well in the late games. Don't forget rookie Aidan O'Connell looking solid this year for the Raiders either.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Miami are incredibly overrated and have built up a good record beating up bums. They only have 1 win against a team with a winning record and that was the game against Dallas last week. Every other winning team they have lost to. If anyone is to knock off Baltimore from the AFC, I actually see Buffalo having the best chance. Josh Allen is elite and can will his team to a win against anyone.

Yep you are correct on Miami. Tua seems to have escaped much criticism this season. He is certainly in a favorable situation in Miami but I think outside of that scheme he wouldn't be playing as well.

jphoss

Mentor
Karlaftis took over in the 4th with 2 big time sacks. Saw Tranquil make some plays early in the game but didn’t see him later on, did he get injured?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Karlaftis took over in the 4th with 2 big time sacks. Saw Tranquil make some plays early in the game but didn’t see him later on, did he get injured?
Tranquil has been demoted to backup as he has all season except when Nick Bolton has been hurt. Will he cash in with a nice contract to be a team's starter or will he again sign for relative peanuts to be a backup with KC? Maybe no other team wanted him this past offseason but I think like so many White players he sold himself short knowing how difficult the league is for all Whites.

El Gringo

Mentor
Sensational show of athletecism! He should be used like a Tyrek Hill but we know that our guys are treated in a different way. Either
way I'm happy he is on another team that will hopefully appreciate his talent more!
That’s the first thought that came to my head as well WL why not give the man more targets !! No one has ever accused me as having the football IQ of a Mike Tomlin or a Antonio Pierce but even.
midwit like myself would target him more after a play like that or god forbid give a carry out of the backfield Much like when fullback Beck displayed athleticism but is now a afterthought. Many such cases.

Warhawk_46

Master
Yep you are correct on Miami. Tua seems to have escaped much criticism this season. He is certainly in a favorable situation in Miami but I think outside of that scheme he wouldn't be playing as well.
Agree, Miami is stacked on offense. Good coaching as well.

Defense is ok. A couple of our guys are the standouts (VanGinkel and Sieler).

backrow

Hall of Famer
Alex Erickson with 98 yards for Chargers, his best game since 2019 (he had 137 for Bengals)

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Omg watching 99 percent chocolate secondaries getting tore up all day, gets old.

Vikings game plan is shite and JLove for MVP!

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Kick the FG Lafleur. New NFL is frustrating as heck. Throwing 20 yd off balance passes on 4th and 1 in the red zone.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mullins throws for over 400 yards last week but cuck O'Connell starts Jaren Hall who has 59 yards close to halftime. Makes perfect sense for a team hanging on trying to make the playoffs, not.