2023 NFL Week 17

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Jets - Browns tonight.

Flacco the only real interesting storyline going in this one.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Flacco is a very good storyline and I'm hoping he shows out again tonight. One more bullet against the black quarterback narrative..

icsept

Master
I never liked Flacco. Mainly because he was on the odious Ravens. He caught lightning in a bottle and won a Super Bowl and big contract. He was average thereafter until he aged out of the league. It is unrealistic that he can get off the couch and make a sustained run of excellence. Nevertheless, let’s go Flacco!

Warhawk_46

Master
I never liked Flacco. Mainly because he was on the odious Ravens. He caught lightning in a bottle and won a Super Bowl and big contract. He was average thereafter until he aged out of the league. It is unrealistic that he can get off the couch and make a sustained run of excellence. Nevertheless, let’s go Flacco!
He is doing alright so far.

I’m more convinced than ever that coaching and scheme is more responsible for a team’s (and by extension quarterback’s) success than an individual player.

Case in point: how many of our guys get drafted to organizations that have horrible coaching and try to fit a square peg into a round hole?

jphoss

Mentor
Flaco with a career best first half with almost 300 yards and 3 tds, playing much better than all the quotas before him. Other news in this game is herbie almost having an orgasm talking about miles garret’s “hip bend” as he torches the 370lb! sumo tackle for the jets. In what world is having such a fat slow lineman a good thing

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Is this potentially the first matchup this season featuring zero (0) white defensive players?
A fair amount of teams have no White defensive starters, but if you mean no White defensive players at all whether starters or backups, that's the case in this game unless either the Browns or Jets have picked up a White backup of late which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened. So yes a perfect Coal Bowl on the defensive side of the ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, the Browns have Jordan Kunsaszyk, who is listed as their seventh or eighth linebacker on the depth chart. I assume from his surname he's a honky and is used as a WSTD. Shocking move by the Browns.

jphoss

Mentor
https://nfltraderumors.co/jaguars-rule-out-qb-trevor-lawrence-for-week-17/

Lawrence out this week. The number of QB injuries this year should really make teams be a little more introspective into how they draft offensive linemen and build an offensive scheme but it won't.
Mekhi becton, tackle for the jets, has to be one of the worst linemen I have ever seen. I went back and unsurprisingly saw he was drafted in the 1st round lmao. Further proof these “scouts” just throw word salads together to sound intelligent I read his draft analysis where under Pros- he has nimble feet and functional athleticism.
But then under Cons- natural quickness limitations! I guess magical negros possess the magical ability to be have quick feet while being slow footed at the same time. I also saw his draft stock “skyrocketed” when he ran a 5.1 40 bc we all know nothing is more important for being an offensive lineman than running 40 yards in a straight line in shorts

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mekhi becton, tackle for the jets, has to be one of the worst linemen I have ever seen. I went back and unsurprisingly saw he was drafted in the 1st round lmao. Further proof these “scouts” just throw word salads together to sound intelligent I read his draft analysis where under Pros- he has nimble feet and functional athleticism.
But then under Cons- natural quickness limitations! I guess magical negros possess the magical ability to be have quick feet while being slow footed at the same time. I also saw his draft stock “skyrocketed” when he ran a 5.1 40 bc we all know nothing is more important for being an offensive lineman than running 40 yards in a straight line in shorts

For OL it's the long arm trap. Blacks do indeed have longer arms but their is no correlation between having longer and disproportionate to your body arm length and being an offensive lineman. A White OL with arms an inch or 2 less with proper footwork, technique and strength is worth his weight in gold to any GM/scout with a brain (which there are not many of).

backrow

Hall of Famer
Hutch had a huge night with 3 sacks. Anzalone played well.
LaPorta is very close to beating rookie TE reception record, I think 2 off.

wile

Master
I heard the refs struck again. Didn't watch because Halo season one is "free" on Prime till tonight and it is not as bad as it sounds.

Snow Plow

Guru
Taylor Decker correctly reported as eligible. Dan Skipper entered the game and lined up as tackle. The refs called a penalty incorrectly and screwed the Lions.

That said, I’m not sure how you go for 2 again from the 7. The Cowboys did jump offsides, but there is no reason to go for 2 from the 7 in my opinion.

Warhawk_46

Master
For OL it's the long arm trap. Blacks do indeed have longer arms but their is no correlation between having longer and disproportionate to your body arm length and being an offensive lineman. A White OL with arms an inch or 2 less with proper footwork, technique and strength is worth his weight in gold to any GM/scout with a brain (which there are not many of).
True, theoretically longer arms enable lockout of the defender easier; however this very slight (and I would argue it makes no difference a few inches) advantage is quickly and absolutely negated by proper footwork and intelligence.

It’s really just a way to elevate underserving blacks ahead of whites. Black privilege is rampant in sports and society at large.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Taylor Decker correctly reported as eligible. Dan Skipper entered the game and lined up as tackle. The refs called a penalty incorrectly and screwed the Lions.

That said, I’m not sure how you go for 2 again from the 7. The Cowboys did jump offsides, but there is no reason to go for 2 from the 7 in my opinion.

Another case of officials manipulating the outcome of the game.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
The following presentation was rigged. Even the drunken normies are starting to see how fishy this League is. The gambling aspect leads me to believe, there is some major fixing go on right now.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah, going for it from the 7 was indefensible. Apparently Campbell wanted to get the game over win or lose. . .

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Yeah, going for it from the 7 was indefensible. Apparently Campbell wanted to get the game over win or lose. . .

The NFL certainly aided in that with yet another poor call. It's all blatant and obvious stuff now too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The NFL certainly aided in that with yet another poor call. It's all blatant and obvious stuff now too.
What was the over/under for the game? I don't follow that because I don't gamble on sports events, but most were expecting a high scoring game and I doubt the two point attempt affected it either way, just wondering what the motivation might have been if the call was deliberate. Maybe too much important money betting on the Cowboys.