2023 NFL Week 16

backrow

Hall of Famer
Damn: " According to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, the outlook for tight end T.J. Hockenson is not good." (after his injury this week).

Kaptain

Master
The other thing I've seen is wasting CMC on pass blocking. That's fine for normal RB but CMC should always be utilized running routes from the backfield on passing plays. I haven't had many complaints about Shanihan this year but every once awhile he has some real head scratching game plans and coaching decisions - ie. sending a one-armed severly injured Purdy out in the playoffs to hand the ball off rather than run a wildcat with CMC. That is still the all time dumbest coaching decision I have seen. And yes, I'm venting.

backrow

Hall of Famer
The other thing I've seen is wasting CMC on pass blocking. That's fine for normal RB but CMC should always be utilized running routes from the backfield on passing plays. I haven't had many complaints about Shanihan this year but every once awhile he has some real head scratching game plans and coaching decisions - ie. sending a one-armed severly injured Purdy out in the playoffs to hand the ball off rather than run a wildcat with CMC. That is still the all time dumbest coaching decision I have seen. And yes, I'm venting.
That's actually something I really noticed in this game, probably because it was not the usual smooth sailing of a few plays and a score.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I agree with this assessment. Just not an ability of Shanahan to adjust his playcalling.
I'm not as convinced. Shanihan didn't make the ill advised throw that led to the first INT. That was all on Purdy. He should've never thrown that pass. Purdy just didn't look as sharp tonight as he normally does. Give the Ravens DL credit. They got to Purdy and disrupted his ability to throw. Say what you will, but Jackson played a pretty good game after the first quarter. He made some big time plays and throws and the 49ers defense had trouble making basic tackles after the catches and Jackson runs. There were some dropped passes as well.
The entire team is responsible for this loss, other than CMC. He played his normal great game.

Snow Plow

Mentor
I know they only have Brent Urban in the roster and the rest of the defense is black, but credit where credit is due. Baltimore has a dominant, physical defense that will be a challenge for anyone.
I don’t think anyone can argue against this. Harbaugh is a great coach, the DC, McDonald, is a future head coach, and they have a history of focusing on defense. Nothing wrong with acknowledging this.

Warhawk_46

Master
Darnold looking pretty good back there. It helps to know they are in a better place with quarterbacks this year than last should Purdy go down in the playoffs.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Penalties, the O-line, bad luck, and average to poor play, all combined to bring down the 49ers tonight.
Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson is a very good runner, but almost all his passes were quick, short ones. His down the field passing was not accurate. But the Ravens leverage his talents and make it work.

Warhawk_46

Master
Penalties, the O-line, bad luck, and average to poor play, all combined to bring down the 49ers tonight.
Meanwhile, Lamar Jackson is a very good runner, but almost all his passes were quick, short ones. His down the field passing was not accurate. But the Ravens leverage his talents and make it work.
Right, as was said a few posts up by Snow Plow, Harbough is a great coach. The Ravens selected Jackson and immediately built their offense around his skillset.

Imagine if the Saints did the same for Taysom Hill?

Kaptain

Master
Good Lord, how do you run it to the one and then do pass attempt with your backup QB the next play on third down? I'm sorry, the playcalling has been horrid this game.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Good Lord, how do you run it to the one and then do pass attempt with your backup QB the next play on third down? I'm sorry, the playcalling has been horrid this game.
Yeah. I can agree with you on that one. That TD, had they converted would've given them a slight chance to tie the game.
On another note, the media will add that Jackson did it, won, without their RB Mitchell and TE Andrews. Jackson sadly will be the MVP.
CMC will finish second.

Kaptain

Master
CMC had 7.4 yards per carry. It was a sure TD he could have added if they had just handed him the ball on the one yard line. They left their main bullet in the gun. More carries would have slowed that pass rush that really caused those interceptions. Negative plays - obviously the interceptions but also the sacks and pressured killed them. There is hope for CMC winning the MVP still as the last game looks like they will be still playing for a top playoff spot - I think - haven't looked. If Miami beats Baltimore next week things could change as quick as they did tonight. Purdy is likely out of the conversation but maybe not - but CMC is still definetly in it but he will need help and a couple of big games.

Kaptain

Master
I do have to point out this week the continued meltdown of the Chiefs and Mahomes. Mahomes was seen screaming at his offesive line after a terrible pick 6 he threw. Also, spiking his helmet on the sidelines. I hate to be right all the time but here is what I posted a few weeks ago after the Mahomes meltdown after the loss to the Bills:
Didn't see the whole saga until this morning but how about Pat Mahomes meltdown over the correct call of offsides? It's not like it was close - the guy's entire foot was in front of the ball. He had an epic special ed temper tantrum on the sidelines screaming at the refs and then had the poor sportsmanship to complain about the call to Josh Allen during the post game handshake. He then follows it up by whiny about the correct call in the post game press conference. This guy mentalitiy has been exposed. I predict this is his jump the shark moment and the Chiefs won't even make the playoffs next year. The audacity to complain about a correct call when the Chiefs have won games this year because of incorrect calls not to mention the previous years. I wonder if Justin Watson would have lined up offsides.

Kaptain

Master
To add to my venting this week, did anybody notice the unusual usual amount of perp shots the week? Those cameramen must be trained well. Good night:yawn:

wile

Master
My wife calls the NFL players whiny crybabies especially after watching KC meltdown the last few weeks.

chris371

Mentor
My wife calls the NFL players whiny crybabies especially after watching KC meltdown the last few weeks.
I get that. When i watch a game, theres always so much pansy a$$ pushing (like DixieDestroyer would say) & shoving, getting in each others faces, slapping the Ball out of someones hand after the whistle, etc.

Thats what i expect from a hysterical female. Emotional overreaction. When i work nightclub security i see the same from females and low character males. I dont get angry at them, i throw them out and if i have to throw a few punches, then i do it. But I dont let it dictate my feelings. Im not in high school anymore.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
If the KC meltdown continues with a quick playoff exit, Travis Kelce will be the main scapegoat, not Mahomes. It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that Kelce's game went straight downhill when he started his dalliance with Taylor Swift. I'm sure the constant shots of Swift at almost every Chiefs game and the general media mania about the couple haven't gone over very well with the "locker room." I wouldn't doubt that this is the root cause of Mahomes suddenly acting out publicly repeatedly. And Mahomes doesn't look to Kelce as his main outlet nearly as much now, another non-coincidence.

It's increasingly rare anymore when any White Americans take the spotlight away from the blacks the system promotes 24/7/365 and it won't take long for the Swift-Kelce infatuation to turn to revulsion if it isn't starting already, among the team as well as the general public. Most DWFs are intensely jealous of successful Whites and sooner or later the urge to bring them down always kicks in. So we've likely already seen peak Taylor Swift and peak Swift/Kelce.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I could imagine the cuck Florio crying and curling up into the fetal position after Lamar Jackson "called him out":

LAMAR JACKSON CALLS OUT MIKE FLORIO FOR RIPPING RAVENS; PRO FOOTBALL TALK FOUNDER APOLOGIZES​

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, Javonte Williams is so "versatile" that in addition to his splendid 2.2 average yards per rush he also caught 3 passes for -5 yards. Brilliant! The previous week he had 12 carries for 27 yards and 2 receptions for -7 yards. Who knew the object of the passing game is now to go backwards?

(fantasypros) Javonte Williams carried the ball 11 times for 24 yards and one touchdown while also catching all three of his targets for a loss of five yards and losing a fumble in the Broncos' 26-23 loss to the New England Patriots in Week 16.
Analysis: Williams was unable to find much room on the ground despite finding the end zone, averaging a paltry 2.2 yards per carry in a losing effort Sunday night. The versatile running back will look to offer fantasy managers a sneaky option in a favorable Week 17 contest against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Kaptain

Master
Unbelievable that a grown man felt he had to apologize for picking the losing team. Also unbelievable that another grown man on the winning team got his feels hurt by someone predicting that his team would lose the game, then felt the need to tell the world that his feels were hurt after he won the game. What a bunch of pussycats.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
If the KC meltdown continues with a quick playoff exit, Travis Kelce will be the main scapegoat, not Mahomes. It doesn't seem to be a coincidence that Kelce's game went straight downhill when he started his dalliance with Taylor Swift. I'm sure the constant shots of Swift at almost every Chiefs game and the general media mania about the couple haven't gone over very well with the "locker room." I wouldn't doubt that this is the root cause of Mahomes suddenly acting out publicly repeatedly. And Mahomes doesn't look to Kelce as his main outlet nearly as much now, another non-coincidence.

It's increasingly rare anymore when any White Americans take the spotlight away from the blacks the system promotes 24/7/365 and it won't take long for the Swift-Kelce infatuation to turn to revulsion if it isn't starting already, among the team as well as the general public. Most DWFs are intensely jealous of successful Whites and sooner or later the urge to bring them down always kicks in. So we've likely already seen peak Taylor Swift and peak Swift/Kelce.

I for one am enjoying the Chiefs struggles. Mahomes issues this season and losing his composure as things have not gone his way all season might very well be signs of his psyche cracking. The most coddled, hyped and protected QB in the league throwing temper tantrums is comical. I haven't seen those types of meltdowns from Josh Allen who has been drawing quite a bit of criticism from the media this season (He's the best player in the league despite the media/fan narrative that Lamar Jackson isn).

Kelce has always been a good player but I really never cared for his antics, @Thrashen had some critiques of Kelce's personality style years ago that I have agreed with. The gay Taylor Swift nonsense is quite annoying however pushing the "two at one time" flu/covid jab agenda is beyond redeemable in my book and at the very least shows that he is willing to sell out and shill for big Phrama (I won't go down the rabbit hole any further than that). On the field as other members have posted over the season in the weekly threads "Father Time" might certainly be catching up to Kelce. The correlation between Kelce perhaps losing a step and Mahomes looking move and more average as his best target isn't requiring the same attention from a defense is certainly telling. It also lines up with the CF theory of black QBs requiring a reliable White TE option. Another one of the fine observations only discussed here among the members of CF.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I could be wrong, but I think we may be looking a Kelce aging before our eyes.

On the other hand, Mahomes has been average to below average for several games now it seems.
In Chiefs-land it's not hard for most to see what the problem is. It's the Ratt Nagy effect. Sure, during games Andy Reid makes most of the play calls, Nagy relays them in. But all player preparation, discipline and all of that falls to our favorite Ratt and his staff. Nagy was the OC during Alex Smith's time in KC. It was purely due to Smith's brilliance that the Chiefs accomplished anything during that time. And you all know what happened to the Bears offense once the Ratt arrived there. Poor Mitch Trubiski, he's never recovered from the pummeling and poor execution that took place all around him. Eric Bienemy deserves a lot more credit then he's been given for his success with the Chiefs, and for what he's done in DC with Sam Howell.

Warhawk_46

Master
The Nagy effect could very well be real. But I’ll also posit that Pat Mahomes is getting worse. Teams no how to play him and outside of Kelce and Watson, not much receiving options. Mahomes seems incapable of elevating the level of play around him the way so many white quarterbacks do.