2023 NBA Playoffs

white lightning

Hall of Famer

El Gringo

Mentor
I don’t really understand why Spoelstra benched love? When he was in the starting lineup, even though he wasn’t playing that much they won. He needs to give the greenlight to Robinson and Strus and put love back in the starting lineup.

While I agree with alot of what you said I still see the Miami Heat advancing. Expect the mdia favorite Jimmy Butler to have a huge game
tonight as wellas Bam A. and others. I also think both Max Strus and Duncan Robinson will play better. They benched Kevin Love which I'm
ok with only because he is older. He should come off the bench. I would like to see Cody Zeller play more. When he plays he puts up numbers. I don't care if he looks like a Wall Street Stockbroker, the guy can play. Sadly he sits most games. Tyler Herro is one of their
top 3 players on the Miami Heat. He is a huge loss and the media hasn't said very much about it. When the Heat win tonight I do think we
will see Tyler Herro play in the NBA Finals. Hard to say how rusty he will be but they will need him to hang with the Nuggets.
great call on the Heat, they dismissed the celtics and i was dead wrong...that is the last time i doubt this team's fortitude, think the Heat win the finals in 6 and Spoelstra paints his masterpiece!

Riggins44

Master
Holy crap...can't believe the Heat are going to win Game 7. And win in a blowout. White Lightning called it! I really thought all the momentum had gone from Miami to Boston and the Heat had no chance to win Game 7. I am very pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

We now have two teams to root for in the Finals, especially with Herro coming back as he is expected to. That said, I want Jokic and Denver to win. It will make it very clear and obvious who the best player in the league is, and it will solidify Jokic as one of the best ever. If Denver wins the series, it raises the question of who is the greatest white player of all time, Bird or Jokic.

Riggins44

Master
great call on the Heat, they dismissed the celtics and i was dead wrong...that is the last time i doubt this team's fortitude, think the Heat win the finals in 6 and Spoelstra paints his masterpiece!
It is going to be an exciting series, that's for sure. From our perspective there's not a bad outcome.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
As I said a little over one week ago. I'm torn as to who to root for. Painfully I have decided to root for the Nuggets.

We all can be happy no matter who wins. Here is why I chose the Nuggets over the Heat.

One Nikola Jokic got robbed of history twice in the regular season. He was a hair from averaging a triple double for the season
finishing with 9.8 assists when he was over 10 asssists 95 percent of the season. He would have only been the 3rd NBA Player to
ever average a season triple double. Not only did he just miss by a hair but then was unfairly replaced as NBA MVP. Joel Embiid
is a very good player but the Sixers lost in the first round. His stats don't come close to Jokics & it was the wrong MVP 100 Percent!

Then add in the Miami Heat not playing Kevin Love or Cody Zeller anymore. Tyler Herro is one of my top 5 players I root for but aside
from that what is there? They even limit Max Stus and his minutes now. It almost cost the Heat the series. How do you start guys and then
bench them in the playoffs for being white. No other way to say it.

So to cement Nikola Jokics Hall of Fame Career he needs his first championship. He is the real NBA MVP and he needs to prove it and go
out and win the Nuggets the first NBA Championship in their History!

icsept

Master
I will be rooting for all the White players in the Finals. It will be a good look, particularly if Braun gets back in the rotation for Denver. However, the best outcome is for Denver to win the series and Jokic to put on a dominating performance. He will become the face of the NBA.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
for what it’s worth, their was a poll put out by the NBA YouTube channel yesterday for who would win a two-v-two competition. the only two White athletes in the poll’s tournament were Jokic and Doncic, who were on the same team.

the voters chose the Jokic-Doncic duo to win by a large margin. perhaps progress is being made ...

jphoss

Mentor
for what it’s worth, their was a poll put out by the NBA YouTube channel yesterday for who would win a two-v-two competition. the only two White athletes in the poll’s tournament were Jokic and Doncic, who were on the same team.

the voters chose the Jokic-Doncic duo to win by a large margin. perhaps progress is being made ...
And that’s why i want the nuggets to win. The nba is very much a stars league and a win by the nuggets everyone even the anti white media will have to admit the best player in the world is white. The amount of future white players seeing this will be tremendous for us

I have to agree that Denver is the pick here from a Caste perspective. If the Heat win, the story will be Jimmy "Buckets" and Caleb Martin, with the white players being background pieces at best. Either way, the Nuggets are clearly the better team and have the best player - I think they take it in 5 or 6.

jphoss

Mentor
Curious what everyone thinks about Pippen going at Jordan this hard. What is the thoughts about Jordan here? He is certainly not “horrible” as Pippen said but I do believe he is on to something about Jordan caring more about scoring than winning. He’s the opposite of Jokic who clearly could average 30plus but chooses to run the Nuggets offense of maximum efficiency instead. I do not believe the universal opinion from the media that Jordan is the goat, not because I watched him play that much but because the media’s job is to elevate certain players they choose to for whatever reasons

Riggins44

Master
I have to agree that Denver is the pick here from a Caste perspective. If the Heat win, the story will be Jimmy "Buckets" and Caleb Martin, with the white players being background pieces at best. Either way, the Nuggets are clearly the better team and have the best player - I think they take it in 5 or 6.
I agree...Nuggets in 5.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Curious what everyone thinks about Pippen going at Jordan this hard. What is the thoughts about Jordan here? He is certainly not “horrible” as Pippen said but I do believe he is on to something about Jordan caring more about scoring than winning. He’s the opposite of Jokic who clearly could average 30plus but chooses to run the Nuggets offense of maximum efficiency instead. I do not believe the universal opinion from the media that Jordan is the goat, not because I watched him play that much but because the media’s job is to elevate certain players they choose to for whatever reasons

I have no doubt the majority of what he said is true. Jordan has an ego as big as Lebrons. He fought teammates in practice and litterally
punched them if they didn't do everything he said. Classic bully premadonna in love with himself. Stats mean everything to these guys
even if the rest of the team suffers. Doncic lost the scoring title because he was unselfish. Jokic is the same way but the Nuggets are only
4 wins away from being NBA Champions! I think Jokic and the Nuggets will be happy with that trophy if they win!

I see the Nuggets winning in 6 or 7 games. Probably in 6 but we shall see.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Let's go Denver Nuggets. I wish they would play some of their other white guys more. They have 5 white players.

White players on the 2022/23 Denver Nuggets Team:

Nikola Jokic

Vlatko Cancar

Collin Gillespie

Jack White

Christian Braun

Riggins44

Master
The Nuggets with an easy win in Game 1. Jokic with yet another triple double, 27 points 10 rebounds 14 assists. Miami's white players didn't play well at all. Stars was 0-10 from the field and Robinson hit one 3 pointer. Hero did not play at all. One plus was Christian Braun got 8 minutes of playing time, more than he might have gotten in the whole series against LA.

Phall

Master
Joker with a 27-10-14 line to lead the Nuggets in Game 1. I can't recall any player with that sort of line, ever.
The Nuggets with an easy win in Game 1. Jokic with yet another triple double, 27 points 10 rebounds 14 assists. Miami's white players didn't play well at all. Stars was 0-10 from the field and Robinson hit one 3 pointer. Hero did not play at all. One plus was Christian Braun got 8 minutes of playing time, more than he might have gotten in the whole series against LA.

Sucks that Strus was empty from the tank. The Heat should try to give Duncan Robinson ten shots in Game 2.

icsept

Master
I’d like to see Strus take it to the rack more. Especially when his 3’s not falling. Braun was solid in his 8 minutes, but tried to take a charge and got called for a foul. Even the announcers confirmed he was set. I think Malone knows that Braun won’t get the calls as a rookie. So, his role will be limited unless somebody gets hurt or in foul trouble.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Is it true that in the late 90’s nearly 30 million people watched the nba finals and now it’s down to less than 5 million?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
You can call it a hunch but I have a strange feeling Christian Braun may get a few more minutes tonight and have a nice game. Probably
not gonna happen as they haven't played him hardly at all in the playoffs but since this is on my mind I figured I would post it just in case
I'm right. Would love to see the kid have a break out game but he needs to play more & have more than 1 shot attempt a game. Braun had
some really nice games during the regular season but is stuck on the bench for the most part in the playoffs and the nba finals.

Riggins44

Master
Kevin Love gets the start tonight. Strus playing much better tonight, he's 4-6 from three in the first quarter!

Riggins44

Master
You can call it a hunch but I have a strange feeling Christian Braun may get a few more minutes tonight and have a nice game. Probably
not gonna happen as they haven't played him hardly at all in the playoffs but since this is on my mind I figured I would post it just in case
I'm right. Would love to see the kid have a break out game but he needs to play more & have more than 1 shot attempt a game. Braun had
some really nice games during the regular season but is stuck on the bench for the most part in the playoffs and the nba finals.
Braun gets on the floor in the 1st and makes the only shot he took.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kevin Love gets the start tonight. Strus playing much better tonight, he's 4-6 from three in the first quarter!

Yes it's about time Max Strus came back to life. I can't remember his shot being off most of the year as much as it was the last
week or two. He has 12 points already in the first half.