2023 NBA Playoffs

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The 2023 NBA Playoffs start on Friday April 3rd. There are only 2 games but the one we should watch is Chicago at Miami. The have started either 2 or 3 white players alot of the season and bring more whites off the bench. Let's hope the Heat can get by a very talented Bulls Team.
For The Bulls they do start both Vukcuvic and Caruso.

The other game will be OKC at Minnesota. With what the Timberwolves did to Garza and others this is an easy choice. Go Thunder!

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Black fragility and selfishness at its finest:

What a pussy…

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The OKC Thunder held off the Pelicans tonight. Second year shooting guard Josh Giddey had 31 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds
and 1 block. He just missed a triple double. Can't wait to see him playing with Chet Holmgren next year! Glad OKC won.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer

maxres.jpg

icsept

Master
The OKC Thunder held off the Pelicans tonight. Second year shooting guard Josh Giddy had 31 points, 10 assists, 9 rebounds
and 1 block. He just missed a triple double. Can't wait to see him playing with Chet Holmgren next year! Glad OKC won.

Miami lost last night by Tyler Herro had 26 points. He didn't get enough support from his teammates. Hope they bouce back in game 2.
Great game for Giddey. I’ve watched him quite a bit for two years, and I’m still not sure how is game is so effective. He doesn’t have a singular skill that blows you away, but he’s just a damn good all around player. And he’s only 20!

The Thunder could have really used Holmgren this year. Giddey lead the team in rebounding this year with 7.9 at shooting guard. They have absolutely no rim protection. Holmgren is the missing piece.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Hopefully the Heat take care of business and beat the Bulls. They are one of the few “White friendly” teams with usually 4 guys in the rotation. In the West, the Giddy led Thunder would be preferred to the all black Timberwolves.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Miami Heat win game one in a very enjoyable nba playoff game. Both the Bulls and Heat started 2 white guys each or 40% of the
starting 5 roster! It was a back and forth game but the Heat pulled away in the 4th quarter.

The Heat were led by Max Strus who had 31 points, 7 rebounds and 1 steal. Tyler Herro had 12 points and Kevin Love had 9 off the bench.
For the Bulls Nikola Vucevic 12 points, 9 rebounds & 1 assist. Alex Caruso had 16 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 blocked shot.

mqdefault.jpg

El Gringo

Mentor
The Miami Heat win game one in a very enjoyable nba playoff game. Both the Bulls and Heat started 2 white guys each or 40% of the
starting 5 roster! It was a back and forth game but the Heat pulled away in the 4th quarter.

The Heat were led by Max Strus who had 31 points, 7 rebounds and 1 steal. Tyler Herro had 12 points and Kevin Love had 9 off the bench.
For the Bulls Nikola Vucevic 12 points, 9 rebounds & 1 assist. Alex Caruso had 16 points, 3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 blocked shot.

mqdefault.jpg

Great for Strus and the Heat!! I’m going to watch a couple games of this series. It must feel good for Strus to destroy the Bulls who did t give him a proper chance.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Despite bad shooting nights from Sabonis and Huerter the Kings won game 1 over the Warriors. Great to see as these guys will play
better. They just had trouble scoring tonight. It happens. Especially Huerter who was horrible.

Sabonis still had a good game as he had 12 points, 16 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. So despite not shooting well he did everything
else necessary to help the Kings hold on to win at home!

Phall

Master
Awesome first career playoff game for Austin Reaves, who has cracked the Lakers starting lineup. He's getting a ton of flattering press.

Austin Reaves just continues to impress with every opportunity he gets. The former Oklahoma star wasn't even drafted in 2021. He fought to make the Lakers roster after originally signing a two-way contract. He earned his position in the rotation, eventually grew into a starter, and is today somewhat easily the third-best player on the team.

But on Sunday, the emergence of the newest young Los Angeles Lakers star hit a new peak. With the Lakers in a closely contested fourth quarter in Game 1 of their first-round series against the Memphis Grizzlies, Reaves exploded for 14 fourth-quarter points, including nine in a row to help clinch a 128-112 victory. In the process, he announced his presence to the rest of the league by shouting "I'm him!" as he clinched the victory.

Crunch time, looking to seal the win, and Reaves just waves off Lebron and calls his own number:

Maravich pass:

Drives and absorbs:

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Lakers won today. I've disliked the Lakers since I was a kid. The only reason I'm bringing this up is that I'm happy for
Austin Reaves. He acutally started today(SHOCKING)and he responded with a game high among starters with 23 points,
3 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal and 1 block. The kid did a little of everything and actually got some nice praise from the media
for a change. Still hate this team but I always root for our guys. Happy for him to get some hilites on espn.

The Miami Heat are about to win game 1 against the Bucks. Giannis got hurt midway through the game but it's still was a good
game. Our guys did fairly well again in the victory on the road which is always an added bonus.

Kevin Love had 18 points, 8 rebounds and 1 assist off the bench. Even Duncan Robinson got a few minutes in the win. Way to go Heat!

El Gringo

Mentor
Awesome first career playoff game for Austin Reaves, who has cracked the Lakers starting lineup. He's getting a ton of flattering press.

Crunch time, looking to seal the win, and Reaves just waves off Lebron and calls his own number:

Maravich pass:

Drives and absorbs:

Great stuff from Reeves! The velocity on that behind the back pass to Hachimura was unreal. How in the hell does a black dude get a name like Hachimura??

Herro broke his shooting hand and is out at-least 1 more game. Hopefully Strus steps up his game. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...tyler-herro-breaks-right-hand-game-1-vs-bucks

Last edited:

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Great stuff from Reeves! The velocity on that behind the back pass to Hachimura was unreal. How in the hell does a black dude get a name like Hachimura??

Herro broke his shooting hand and is out at-least 1 more game. Hopefully Strus steps up his game. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...tyler-herro-breaks-right-hand-game-1-vs-bucks
I believe that Rui is half Japanese, even though he looks like a typical negro when watching the game / highlights.

I’m wondering if Herro is now done for the playoffs? How is he going to return in a few days or even a week with broken bone(s) in his shooting hand?

Old Scratch

Mentor
I believe that Rui is half Japanese, even though he looks like a typical negro when watching the game / highlights.

I’m wondering if Herro is now done for the playoffs? How is he going to return in a few days or even a week with broken bone(s) in his shooting hand?
Out 6 weeks

icsept

Master
Sacramento beats Golden State to take a 2-0 lead. Good games from Sabonis and Heurter. Highlighted by Draymond Green stomping Sabonis’ in the stomach while he was on the ground. Not necessarily racially motivated, because Green is a notorious equal opportunity cheap shot artist.

However, Russell Westbrook continues to target and threaten White fans for “disrespecting” his terrible shooting.

booth

Mentor
Sacramento beats Golden State to take a 2-0 lead. Good games from Sabonis and Heurter. Highlighted by Draymond Green stomping Sabonis’ in the stomach while he was on the ground. Not necessarily racially motivated, because Green is a notorious equal opportunity cheap shot artist.

However, Russell Westbrook continues to target and threaten White fans for “disrespecting” his terrible shooting.
I agree with you isept. Green will cheap-shot anybody it doesn't matter what color they are. X-rays on Sabonis came back negative on his sternum and lungs.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

Yes a great game indeed by Sabonis with 24 points and Huerter with 15 points. I wish they would play Alex Len more. His size can cause
problems on both ends of the floor and he is talented but never seems to get much playing time on matter what team he is on. Also hoping
to see Matthew Delladova return in the second round if the Kings make it there. He had finger surgery for a broken finger and should be
back. He is a nice scorer and defender off the bench for the 2nd team. Let's Go Kings!

El Gringo

Mentor

Hopefully one of these days he targets the wrong white fan and gets his ass knocked out! Can’t stand that guy.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
On Wednesday the Bucks won big without Giannis. Their 3 White rotational guys played great.

Connaughton had 22 points.
Ingles had 17.
Allen had 16.

Also, I know Goran Dragic is at the end of his career but it would be nice if he was the backup PG instead of journeyman, scrub Jevon Carter.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Denver is up by double digits in the 3rd quarter on the road in the playoffs against Minnesota. So Jokic already had 10 assists and there
is still like 3 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Yet somehow in commie Amerikka he wasn't allowed to average a triple double for the
season. The last week or two of the season they either didn't play him, played him limited minutes or when he did play he was told not to
pass the ball. I guarantee it. So all year long he averaged 10 plus assists until the last week of the season and he was held done and suppressed. I know why I see when I watch the games. These stars have to do as they are told to make the big money. This may sound
crazy but nothing should these days. Kind of how Doncic led the league in scoring 90 to 95% of the season until the last few weeks. Then
wow what happened.

Oh well it's over and done with but Jokic was robbed of historic history.

Just want Denver to go up 3-0 tonight to have a little justice.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Nuggets won as Jokic had a triple double. They now lead the first round of the playoffs 3 games to 0 over Minnesota.
Despite playing limited minutes Christian Braun scored 9 points. Great to see but he really should play more. Just to show you
how great a defender he is have a look at this video breakdown of his elite level defense and this is as a rookie!

mqdefault.jpg

The Curious Case Of Christian Braun

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The Nuggets won as Jokic had a triple double. They now lead the first round of the playoffs 3 games to 0 over Minnesota.
Despite playing limited minutes Christian Braun scored 9 points. Great to see but he really should play more. Just to show you
how great a defender he is have a look at this video breakdown of his elite level defense and this is as a rookie!

mqdefault.jpg

The Curious Case Of Christian Braun
“Curious” indeed. I thought it was curious that anyone still played defense at all in the nba.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
Haha good one! It’s only required for Whitey. Because we have to be good team players.
True and frankly this kids blocks would have made Bobby Jones proud!

I had the misfortune of having to watch some of the hawks versus Celtics last night while out to dinner at a place with too many tvs (wasnt my pick for dinner but whatever). The thing that struck me was how boring the play overall was. No team of individual defense just some three balls and lackadaisical rebounds Might as well be a different sport to that I grew up watching.

Pretty remarkable change.