2023 Indoor Season

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Incredible comeback and yes they won by a landslide even with 3 runners with lunch boxes. Thanks for posting it!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
18 year old Swedish Sprinter Erik Erlandsson is quite the talent. He needs to work on his starts but he is a teenager so I won't be too hard
on him. He has time to develop. His time of 21.04 over 200 meters is the 4th fastest in Europe right now. He also has run 6.83 over the
60 meters which is only average but his age and a poor start explain this. HIs starting methods & drive phase need alot of work. I just
like his speed endurance as that's a good time for an indoor 200 meters. Erik Erlandsson turns 19 in May so he has quite alot of upside potential. He also runs the 400 meters so maybe he might be a 200/400 meters sprinter. Time will tell but another guy to watch in the future.
14948375.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Marek Zakrzewski is a 17 year old from Poland we've mentioned many times here. His personal best times outdoors as a 16 year old
last summer were 10.32 and 20.90!

He has started the 2023 Indoor Season looking in fine from with new personal best times in the 60 & 200 meters.

In his first 2 races indoors he has run a 6.73 and a 21.07! Marek Z. won't be 18 until December so man is he fast for being so young!
14899513.jpg

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A short preview of Boling's Race tommorow against 2 of the fastest sprinters in NCAA history over 60 meters.

sprintstar

Mentor
Williams will win the 60m unless he screws up, Boling I think this early in the indoor season will do okay but wont make top 3. I think he will gun for the indoor championships.

Zakrzewski's times are quite good for his age but he is short in height and has shorter legs for his body which will hamper his progression...I hope he grows in height by 3-4" which will help his stride length. He is fun to watch and I hope truly that he does well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Williams will win the 60m unless he screws up, Boling I think this early in the indoor season will do okay but wont make top 3. I think he will gun for the indoor championships.

Zakrzewski's times are quite good for his age but he is short in height and has shorter legs for his body which will hamper his progression...I hope he grows in height by 3-4" which will help his stride length. He is fun to watch and I hope truly that he does well.
Did you see Zakrzewskis height listed anywhere? I sure can't find anything other than pics, videos and stats. I'm guessing he is about
5'10 inches in my best hypothesis but would like to know for sure. Yes I do hope he grows a little but the leg length is more important than
anything. So man white guys have long torsos which isn't great for sprinting.

An example. I'm around 6 feet tall. My best friend is 6'6 inches tall but sitting down we are the same height. My friend who is white
is all legs and he is an incredible jumper. I could run and jump very good when I was younger but never had the ideal physique for it.
Most elite sprinters have that short torso and long legs whether they are white or black. Just my observations.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ewa Swaboda of Poland ran a fast time of 7.09 today in Karlsrhue, Germany. It's the 2nd fastest 60 meter time in Europe among women.
Maybe this year she will finally break that 11 second barrier. She reminds me alot of Richard Kilty. An explosive fast starter as good or better than almost anyone in the world but has trouble finishing the race strong over 100 meters. Swaboda ran a 6.99 in the 60 meters last year.

Ewa Swaboda did run a new p.b. in the 100 last summer going 11.05! She also had a sub 11 but it was windy. Hope this year she finally
breaks through. She is now 25 years of age so she is going into her prime years of sprinting!

sprintstar

Mentor
I agree on Swoboda...her abilities to go faster are there. I am extremely curious as to her training regimen as far as speed endurance goes...At times with her I get the feeling it is self doubt(pressure)in big races against the best. Her anchor leg in the Euro Champs was extremely impressive yet in the individual she petered out. Women who are tatted up tend to hide their insecurities behind tattoos....

sprintstar

Mentor
Abby Steiner opens up her 2023 indoor season with a 51.70 400m at the

2023 Rod McCravy Track & Field Invite​

Question. Why hasn't Iaaf.org posted Coby Hilton, Cole Beck and David Dunlaps 60 meter times ? They usually are on top of everything pretty quickly. I can't find anything on Boling but Micah Williams ran a 6.49 world leading time yesterday.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Question. Why hasn't Iaaf.org posted Coby Hilton, Cole Beck and David Dunlaps 60 meter times ? They usually are on top of everything pretty quickly. I can't find anything on Boling but Micah Williams ran a 6.49 world leading time yesterday.
Not only the IAAF but also World Athletics doesn't even show Coby Hilton racing this year. It's like his 6.51 never happened. It was a week ago!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling ran a WL 20.42 in the 200m.
Thanks jacknyc. I didn't even know he raced today as I thought he pulled out of the entire meet. This is suprising but I'm glad to see it!

I find it very strange for the Track Meet Timing people to change his time from 20.32 to 20.42. Never seen that big an adustment in all
of my years of watching track. It makes you wonder and why didn't they adjust many other races by that big margin? It's ok though as
it's early and he has proven that he is only just getting started. I don't think anyone wants to see this kid angry as who knows what he is
capable of as long as he keeps a nice relaxed form and running style. A good base for the indoors season to build off.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Some good news from a couple of our guys over in Europe!

Henrik Larsson ran a 6.56 today for a big win in Sweden. He looks to be in the best shape of his life!
mqdefault.jpg

In Germany our main man Julian Wagner opens up the season with a fine time of 6.59!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I have been wondering that too, as have others.

Then I found this:
Apparently they won't publish the results from meets that are listed on their calendar. It's ridiculous.

mastermulti

Master
I have been wondering that too, as have others.

Then I found this:
Apparently they won't publish the results from meets that are listed on their calendar. It's ridiculous.

pretty comprehensive wrap up there - the ramifications are pretty serious for budding young athletes running officially unrecognised meets

white lightning

Hall of Famer
It's been less than 1 month into the 2023 Indoor Track Season and we have more guys running in the 6'50's than we
have seen in many years. Today was another sprinter from Poland chance to step on the track and light it on fire! :flamethrower2:

Dominik Kopec of Poland went 6.56 today for a new personal best in his first race of the year!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Karsten Warholm ran a world leading time of 45.31 in the 400m today in Norway.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Whoops!
But still very impressive.
Let's remember, he's a 400m hurdler, not a sprinter. So #2 in the world is fantastic.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Bingtian Su is still at it, at the age of 33.
He ran 6.59 60m in Sweden.