2023 Indoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Henrik Larsson of Sweden opened up his season with a very fast 6.62! This guy frustrates me a little as he ran a wind legal 10.20 at 19
and hasn't done anything since. At 23 years old now he still is very young so he has time to get back on track! Let's hope he turns it around this summer.
iu

white lightning

Hall of Famer
European Athletics is live streaming 8 European Indoor Track Meets. The first one is this Sunday, January 22nd. This is
great as most people have youtube and it will be on there with english announcers also available. :)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A new name of a pocket rocket junion at Abilene Christian. His name is Jack Marshall and today at the 2023 Red Raider Open
he had a very nice first weekend of the season. Jack Marshall ran times of 6.73 in the 60 and then 20.84 over the 200 meters
where he finished in 3rd and nearly took 2nd. Just thought I would mention him as I never heard of him probably hence the smaller
christian college. He is 5'9 but man can he run! Here is his bio from the college.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Poland is continuing to rise slowly in the sprints in both mens and womens. The women have been better but there are
some rising young stars. One young sprinter I've talked about in the past is 21 year old Oliwer Wdowik. He ran a his
first race indoors today and he reponded with a fantastic new p.b. of 6.60! Great start to the season for him! Congrats. I
can see both his indoors and outdoors personal bests being broken several times this year. Good luck to the Polish Bullet!

One of his Polish Teamates is also 21 years of age. His name is Jakub Lempach and he opened up with a 6.63 for a new p.b.
mqdefault.jpg

Lastly don't forget 17 year old Marek Zakrewski who has opened up with a 6.73 and he already has 10.32 p.b. outdoors at 16.

There are just a few of the Polish Young Men that are rising like the Cream to the Top! Keep an eye out. Viva La Polish Track Team!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm suprised no one here has mentioned about Boling today. Mathew Boling finished in 3rd in the 400 meters at the MLK Track Meet.
I'm not worried though? Why do you ask? Because I only believe his first two races of 300 and 400 meters are for his speed endurance.
He really struggled finishing his 200 races last year as the year went on. His legs seemed to die. I think his coach has made adjustments.

All of the haters on youtube and other places are saying he is done and is washed up already. They have no idea. This is only practice as he
is not a 400 meters guy anymore. He only ran the 400 meters once last season and yet everyone keeps trying to say he is a 400 guy. Not since
high school or very early in college a little. Boling is a 100/200 meters sprinter and the fans hate him doing the things he does with his blonde hair and blue eyes. The hatred is unreal from so many certain fans and it's only because he is a nordic white. They hate this. I love it
as it shows just how racist minorities can be. Not all but many just will never root for whites in any sport. Especially in track, basketball or boxing. This is just what I've seen growing up in my lifetime. Yet they say only whites are racist. Such an outright lie.

So mark my works gentlemen. Don't worry about today. It means nothing. What counts is what happens later this year. Boling will break
his 100 and 200 meters personal bests again. I'm almost positive of it. I like the approach so far. Less races & build that endurance!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I can't say how much I've enjoyed watching this sprinter over the years. Jan Veleba of the Czech Republic continues to sprint at
the old age of 36 years of age. He has a lifetime p.b. in the 100 of 10.16 but it's his love of track that keeps bringing him back
year after year. The 1000's of hour of training, strict diet, and the grind is amazing that he would still want to do it yet he does!

Today at 36 years of age he ran a lifetime personal best in the 60 meters of 6.64! Amazing time from an amazing sprinter. His
lifetime dedication is to be admired. Most teenagers and guys in their 20's would love to ever run this fast. What a legend.
Jan Veleba has won 7 nat'l champs outdoors and 6 national championships indoors. After all of this he breaks his p.b. Just amazing!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kayhan Ozer of Turkey ran a p.b. of 6.58 today. Not sure whether to include him but Turkish People are considered white. I
believe they are very similar to italians with the darker skin. They still are considered european. They are muslim but they
are not considered middle eastern or arabs.
iu

Here is a link about Turkey and the people there.

booth

Mentor
At the Simmons-Harvey Invitationanal Justin Becker ran a 21.22 in the 200 meters and Ryan McCloskey ran 21.62 to finish second. Joshua Zellar ran a 7.69 to finish first in the 60-meter hurdlers.

freedom1

Mentor
Kayhan Ozer of Turkey ran a p.b. of 6.58 today. Not sure whether to include him but Turkish People are considered white. I
believe they are very similar to italians with the darker skin. They still are considered european. They are muslim but they
are not considered middle eastern or arabs.
iu

Here is a link about Turkey and the people there.

I don't think Ozer is white, but I would root for him over African descended blacks.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
2023 Luxumbourg, Sweden Indoor Track Meet. Coverage starts at about 3.00 minutes. :)

mastermulti

Master
that's a great time - and he could still stay lower in the drive phase longer.
His 6.62 early last year led to a 10.14 (o.o) 3 months later. Will an early 6.51 lead him to a sub 10 this year?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Colby Hilton’s time is incredible, not least because it comes as he is running unattached after completing his collegiate career (if i’m understanding things correctly). he was his conference’s (the Summit League) track athlete of the year as a senior in 2021, but at that time his personal-best in the 100m was only 10.36. he appears to be yet another example of a White athlete physically maturing much later than his black peers.

athletes like Hilton embody “dat upside,” not the black affletes who hit puberty so young and look like men at 14. it’s a tragedy that coaches don’t recognize this and evaluate accordingly. and a BIG hat tip to Hilton for continuing to run despite a lack of sponsorship!

Last edited:
Don't think it's been posted but our old Finnish friend , Samuel Purola , just ran a 4th in the world 20.93 200 meters. I thought he gave up track after some devastating injuries when he was 17 or 18 when he was running low 10.3 100 meter dashes as a 16 year old. I hope he continues and gets better as he is only 23.

booth

Mentor
As many of you know I am not the brightest bulb in the pack, would someone explain to me how running at altitude inside a building, how altitude affects the speed you run? Thank you.

white is right

Hall of Famer
As many of you know I am not the brightest bulb in the pack, would someone explain to me how running at altitude inside a building, how altitude affects the speed you run? Thank you.
Thinner air equals less wind resistance and that will help with faster times. The rule of the thumb for the 100m is about a tenth of a second for a short sprint like this it's probably less than that.

Warhawk_46

Master
Thinner air equals less wind resistance and that will help with faster times. The rule of the thumb for the 100m is about a tenth of a second for a short sprint like this it's probably less than that.
Inside in climate-controlled environment as well?

Does the altitude have any negative effects then for athletes not from a mile up? What about for guys who train at sea level?

white is right

Hall of Famer
Inside in climate-controlled environment as well?

Does the altitude have any negative effects then for athletes not from a mile up? What about for guys who train at sea level?
Yes in aerobic events ie the 1500m's and longer events in track and field. The sprints there are no negative affects as they largely anaerobic events. Further evidence of this is the historic Mexico City Olympics every event from the 100m through the 400m hurdles had world records and the jumps had world records including the legendary Beamon jump which was a record for nearly 25 years and is still the Olympic record 50+years later.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling will be racing in the 60 and the 200 meters the 2023 Texas Tech Inviational this Friday and Saturday. The
60 meters is loaded and it's probably a very unlikely that he can win with at least 2 guys faster than him. Plus these other
elite sprinters have already run 60 meters races last weekend so they have an advantage. Regardless, if you want to be the
best you have to go out there and get it done. Good luck to Matthew. I will be happy with any time in the mid to high
6.50's range but that will not be easy being his first short sprint of the year against a stacked field. The pressure will be on!

(2023 Texas Tech Mens 60 Meters)

Favour Ashe
Auburn [SO]

georgia.png

Keshaun Black
Georgia [FR]

georgia.png

Matthew Boling
Georgia [SR]

grambling.png

Dante Brown
Grambling [SR]

northern-ariz.png

David Dunlap
Northern Arizona [SR]

oregon.png

Micah Williams
Oregon [SO]

texas-tech.png

Jacolby Shelton
Texas Tech [SR]

texas-tech.png

Don'dre Swint
Texas Tech [SR]

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Adam Thomas of the United Kingdom/England ran a nice 6.61 today to open his season. Thomas has alot of talent but he is 27 years
of age now so hopefully he is posed for a big year. I would like to see him drop his 100 meters times down closer to 10 seconds.

His personal best time of 10.18 came in 2021. He ran a 10.08 windy last summer in 2022. Let's see what this year has in store for him!