2022 NFL Week 14

Rocky B

Master
The Brock Purdy/Trey Lance dynamic would be a great study for some journalist out there.....It’s only obvious to us, Purdy had a career that was way more profound than Lance’s, yet one was the last pick in the draft and the other was thought of as the second coming......Both played in BFE conferences....Sooooo many linebackers and DBs (all positions, certainly) suffer this same assumption....

backrow

Hall of Famer
I kinda want the Bucs to come back or I can see 49ers resting Cmac... I'd love to see him break 100 rushing yards and get that much closer to that coveted 1000 on the ground.

EDIT: commentator just said that 49ers have 4 of the most universal, creative players in the same huddle with McCaffrey, Deebo, Juice and Kittle.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Deebo Samuels out with what seems to be a serious leg injury. He was carted off the field.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Brock Purdy/Trey Lance dynamic would be a great study for some journalist out there.....It’s only obvious to us, Purdy had a career that was way more profound than Lance’s, yet one was the last pick in the draft and the other was thought of as the second coming......Both played in BFE conferences....Sooooo many linebackers and DBs (all positions, certainly) suffer this same assumption....

What do you mean by BFE conferences? Just wondering.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Christian with 81 yards rushing and 34 receiving at halftime.

George Karlaftis with a sack for the second game in a row.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Purdy had himself a half!
Brock Purdy to me has been the biggest pleasant suprise of this up and down season. More downs than ups but we need to
focus on the positive. Brock Purdy has a chance to be the future starting quarterback sooner than later. If he continues to play
at his type of high level I don't see Jimmy G. getting his job back fair or not. Purdy just has a feel for the offense and it flows with
his leadership. Purdy is only 6'1 but he weighs 220lbs and he is a very strong kid with a powerful built body that can take the wear and
tear of a long 17 game season. I wouldn't be suprised if both Jimmy G. and Trey L. now become the backups. I can live with that as
Brock Purdy is only 22 years of age and we all know in a fair world should have been drafted far, far higher!

Seeing Christian McCaffrey finally playing on a winning team is great. The kid deserves to see the playoffs. He has played his ass off
for the last several years when he was healthy and he gives 100 percent effort game after game win or loss. Cmac seems finally happy
and this trade is finally starting to look like the best trade move of the season!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Christian with 81 yards rushing and 34 receiving at halftime.

George Karlaftis with a sack for the second game in a row.
He should go over 100 yds rushing today. They have a 4 touchdown lead, so will probably be running the ball a lot in the 2nd half.
At the same time, his rushing avg will probably go down, as the Bucs will be expecting the run.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
CMC !!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Cmac with 119 yard rushing. What a run. He turned on the jets after that stiff arm. A thing of beauty!

backrow

Hall of Famer
Cmac with 119 yard rushing. What a run. He turned on the jets after that stiff arm. A thing of beauty!

what we all wanted. just give him the ball and draw up a scheme.

what a great early bday gift from Cmac! Also, that much closer to 1000!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
BFE (out in the sticks), not major conferences....One was from the Dakotas and the other Utah St.

Purdy played for Iowa St in the Big 12. Not a great conference but still one of the Power 5. Purdy received none of the (unwarranted) hype that Lance got. I think we can all agree that Lance's hype was beyond baffling - played for a powerhouse FCS team that has had success regardless of who played QB, he had 318 total passing attempts in college (only played one full season) and his actual qb traits - accuracy, reading defenses etc has been suspect. Not to mention what the 49ers had to give up to get him.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Niners up 35-0, and Brady playing poorly - just threw his 2nd interception.
I wonder if the Niners should take CMac out for the 4th qtr. ?

Warhawk_46

Master
I wonder if the 49ers will start give Juice a few carriers, as Deebo is hurt (hopefully not too badly) and running Christian will be too predicable every play. Would be nice to see Kyle get several attempts this afternoon.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

I think that would be a smart move. Selfishly I would prefer he stays in to pad his stats but the smart move is to get all of
the stars out of there. Injuries happen at the most crazy times. Look how Cooper Kupp got hurt in a meaningless game
that he should have not been involved in.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I think we're seeing the last several games of the GOAT's career. Can't see him returning to Tampa with how the team is quickly deteriorating, and does he really want to start over with another organization next year at the age of 46?