2022 NFL Week 14

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Decent game tonight. Mayfield has made some good throws. Greg Gaines playing well.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Uncle Al has an aversion to naming White defenders when they make a tackle. Rams started three overachievers on the d-line in this game, with Hoecht mainly playing end. Trammell and Skowronek both playing at WR, back to 4 Whites on the o-line.

A few months ago this looked a great matchup between Kupp and Renfrow, but not to be.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
We were mentioning the diminished involvement of tight ends this season in the White 1,000 Yard Receivers thread. So far in this game with six minutes left in the third quarter, neither Foster Moreau nor Tyler Higbee have a reception.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Good to see Ben Skowronek with 5 catches for 49 yards. Quickly developing a chemistry with Baker Mayfield.

Last edited:

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Yes, wow!

Kaptain

Master
The Raiders black Defensive lineman who got the unsportsmanlike penalty should be released tonight! How many times do I have to watch teams lose because some guy wants to do something stupid when the game is on the line? Mayfield's comeback moment and Ben Schronek I think was his leading receiver. What a catch he had on the final drive! Amazing.

northwinds

Mentor
Skowronek with 7 catches for 90 yards……Rapp with the game winning pick……and what can you say about Baker Mayfield

Kaptain

Master
Think about Carolina. They trade McCaffrey away who looks like he is making the 49ers into SB favorites and they let Mayfield leave for free who now looks like he could be the future for the Rams. If Baker continues to play well it will be interesting to see what the Rams do next year - Baker or Stafford? Got to love that Baker has found an instant connection with Skowronek.

Warhawk_46

Master
Uncle Al has an aversion to naming White defenders when they make a tackle. Rams started three overachievers on the d-line in this game, with Hoecht mainly playing end. Trammell and Skowronek both playing at WR, back to 4 Whites on the o-line.

A few months ago this looked a great matchup between Kupp and Renfrow, but not to be.
Rams are one of the best teams. I appreciate they play their white defensive talent. Gaines is an underrated tackle, overshadowed by Donald, who is schemed into favorable matchups. Gaines played very well tonight.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Super excited to see Mayfield energized and making nice throws downfield again. It’s great that he seems to have wonderful chemistry with Skowronek already.

For the Raiders, I really love Crosby. Every single game this year, he’s been a disruptive force. And you can see why he leads the league in tackles for a loss as he’s consistently blowing up plays in the backfield. Today was a typical game for Maxx. 4 total tackles (2 for losses), a sack, a pass defensed and a bunch of QB hits.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Skowronek with 7 catches for 90 yards……Rapp with the game winning pick……and what can you say about Baker Mayfield
What a comeback. Didn't see this coming as far as the Rams pulling off the win but it's great. Storybook ending!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That catch by Ben Skowronek shows he has officially arrived. It was a 50/50 jump ball and he went up and just took it knowing that
the game was on the line. Wow what a catch! So happy for him. It might be a blessing next year that Kupp got hurt as he can team
up with Skowronek next year and they will be tough to stop!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Went to bed early in the 4th quarter when the Rams committed a penalty to push them out of makeable field goal range. Really glad to see the Rams make the unlikely comeback. I did notice the Rams o line was much more white friendly tonight as well. I look forward to the rest of the season with Mayfield at the helm after being written off and his disastrous tenure for the awful Panthers.

Mayfield's history in the NFL is as follows: drafted under clueless Hue, played under Fat boy Freddie Kitchens, the ungrateful Kevin Stefanski who along with the black power GM Andrew Berry undercut and sabotaged Mayfield during last season and this offseason, caste clown Matt Rhule and his doofus offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo.

Not to mention the black players on the Browns like Beckham, Landry and Garrett who did nothing to show they were good teammates and in Beckham's case just acted like a complete bitch getting his dad to whine on social media. Not sure why any team would want the overrated Beckham but that's the NFL. On top of that the media has done their best over the past 2 years to attack Mayfield in every way possible. Credit to him for deciding not to feed the media anymore. I think the best situation is he gets a 2-3 year deal as the Rams backup QB - Stafford while very good if often injured. It's one game but it was good to see Mayfield come in after two days, overcome some bad penalties to win this game.

Last edited:

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Mayfield was simply outstanding the way he knew where to throw to receivers after being on the team for just two days. It's more evidence that NFL offenses are far less "complicated" than the corporate media hypes them as, but still to be able to do that on such short notice shows just how talented he is. And he threw a lot of passes that were right on the money. The Hollywood ending of last night's game is my favorite memory of the 2022 season so far.

I hope the Rams keep Mayfield as you never know how much Matt Stafford has left in the tank. Stafford is tough as nails physically but has taken a lot of hits over his career. And some players retire earlier than expected because they make so much money now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Mayfield was simply outstanding the way he knew where to throw to receivers after being on the team for just two days. It's more evidence that NFL offenses are far less "complicated" than the corporate media hypes them as, but still to be able to do that on such short notice shows just how talented he is. And he threw a lot of passes that were right on the money. The Hollywood ending of last night's game is my favorite memory of the 2022 season so far.

I hope the Rams keep Mayfield as you never know how much Matt Stafford has left in the tank. Stafford is tough as nails physically but has taken a lot of hits over his career. And some players retire earlier than expected because they make so much money now.

Well said Don. Mayfield's performance was great, I regret going to bed early in the 4th and missing it in real time. It's one game but under the circumstances he faced it was one of the important performances of his career. I hope he evades injury for the remainder of the season and is able to build upon his performance. I do think he can certainly carve out a niche in LA as the potential successor to Stafford or parlay a stint sitting behind Stafford to a starting job elsewhere in a year or two. His performance last night really shook up all of those that hate him in the media. The Rams would be stupid to let him walk after the season and I think Mayfield would be wise to take a mid level deal to remain in LA.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Hoping for the Mayfield momentum to continue to bring good things to our guys today. The unfortunate reality is that our guys rely on caste system beneficiaries for their success. Players that in many cases do not belong in the league.

One of the more humorous narratives I am seeing today is Will Josh Allen be able to carry the Bills to a super bowl without Von Miller? Miller's impact on the Bills has been overstated.

Burrow is 0-4 against the Browns. Let's hope he breaks that streak today. Vikings vs Lions - I'll be rooting for Detroit in this one. Jaguars - Titans will hopefully be another good showing for Trevor Lawrence as he continues to ascend in this league. Eagles vs the Giants - The Giants beat another "mobile" QB earlier this year in Lamar Jackson - perhaps their d-coordinator Wink Martindale will again remember how to defend run first QBs.

Ravens vs Steelers - Big game for Pickett as he also shows promising strides in his development. Ravens without their oft-injured "franchise" QB today.

Bucs - 49ers: Hoping for another good performance by Purdy who outside of Mayfield is the most interesting story down the home stretch of the season.

Dolphins - Chargers - Everyone was dumping on Tagiolova before the season and now the focus has shifted to dumping on Herbert - the most gifted QB in the league that is saddled with a mediocre supporting cast - oft-injured WRs, no TE, mediocre overhyped RB, questionable o-line and a coach that seems to be in over his head.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Giants secondary very poor. Give up a long passing touchdown on 4th and long. Eagles look to have a good offense crafted for Hurts. He looks comfortable and plays toward his strengths. Same that young White quarterbacks rarely get the same.

Hopefully Jones can step up and they open the offense a bit otherwise the Giants are toast.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Pickett out for the game, I think it's a concussion, Trubisky in.