2022 NFL Playoffs Divisional Round

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Ha ha that perp shot on Prescott after his first pick. The look on his face. Same look I had in algebra class.
You have to wonder if they are looking for his replacement. I know he's under a big contract but they may move on from him. Elliot seems to be going downhill also and they had a decent year but once again, only won one playoff game. One and done has been the story there.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Not enough said here about how great Kittle played and his catches were at key moments and just clutch. Really a standout performance in such a big time game. Hats off to a key player today! The hands, facemask, bobble, haul-in catch was huge.

LunchPale42

CMAC getting the only TD for the winning side is great. I think the 49ers will run better against the Eagles. Him just being on the field as a starting RB in the playoffs is Bette than we’ve seen.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Buffalo getting blacker on the d-line didn't pay off. They also ignored the issues in their running game dating back to last season. At least Burrow and the Bengals are well prepared to play KC again.
Yep the could have bid for CMAC but instead went with a poor man's version of CMAC in Singletary and their best back is still Allen I hope they draft a stud back who should be available in April. It's wait till next year but eventually there is no next year...

Warhawk_46

Master
Yep the could have bid for CMAC but instead went with a poor man's version of CMAC in Singletary and their best back is still Allen I hope they draft a stud back who should be available in April. It's wait till next year but eventually there is no next year...
I always thought Borghi would be a good fit there… a great safety valve for Allen with serious YAC skills.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

Warhawk_46

Master
Remember Tony Romo was essentially pushed into early retirement because Dallas decided Prescott was better than him. To this date, nothing Prescott has done has been better than what Romo did. And Prescott has had a better defense and running game to assist with.

Dak now has the exact same playoff record (2-4) as his much maligned predecessor, Tony Romo. Cowboys fans and the football media conducted calls for Romo's head practically every day in his short tenure as a starter. Now many are waking up to the fact that Dak is an inconsistent turnover machine who fails to show up against good teams. Despite that, he isn't getting anywhere near as much criticism as Romo regularly got. If anyone wanted evidence of a double standard on how QBs are judged in this league, look no further.

in actual fact Prescott is nowhere near as good as Romo was........
No doubt. Romo was a great quarterback who played at a high level for almost a decade. His career culminated in an MVP caliber season in 2014, where he and the Cowboys were blatantly robbed in the divisional round against GB. We'll never know if the Cowboys would have won that game or not, but there's no doubt that playoff run was Romo's chance to rewrite the narrative of his career after the unfair "choker" label had been laid upon him since his very first season as a starter.

Warhawk_46

Master
No doubt. Romo was a great quarterback who played at a high level for almost a decade. His career culminated in an MVP caliber season in 2014, where he and the Cowboys were blatantly robbed in the divisional round against GB. We'll never know if the Cowboys would have won that game or not, but there's no doubt that playoff run was Romo's chance to rewrite the narrative of his career after the unfair "choker" label had been laid upon him since his very first season as a starter.
I have always been a fan of Romo. He grew up in the next town over from where I currently live in SE Wisconsin. The town is very proud of him.

He was a great quarterback with a pretty shitty team around him. He was more talented than Dak (whom I like as a person - he seems a good guy) though.

Wildcat

I have always been a fan of Romo. He grew up in the next town over from where I currently live in SE Wisconsin. The town is very proud of him.

He was a great quarterback with a pretty shitty team around him. He was more talented than Dak (whom I like as a person - he seems a good guy) though.
Sean Payton wanted Romo in New Orleans, I’m totally happy we scored Brees but sometimes I wonder what could’ve happened with Romo. Surly his legacy would be closer to HOF level

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Romo seemed content to retire at a young age for a White NFL QB and play golf as he's a helluva golfer as well as instantly become a very highly paid analyst. One of my nephews used to make fun of his kind of doughy physical appearance as he definitely didn't come off as a workout warrior and likely wouldn't have been able to play to 40 even if he had wanted to. Not knocking him, he was a really good quarterback and fun to watch and is a capable analyst.

Warhawk_46

Master
Romo seemed content to retire at a young age for a White NFL QB and play golf as he's a helluva golfer as well as instantly become a very highly paid analyst. One of my nephews used to make fun of his kind of doughy physical appearance as he definitely didn't come off as a workout warrior and likely wouldn't have been able to play to 40 even if he had wanted to. Not knocking him, he was a really good quarterback and fun to watch and is a capable analyst.
Agreed, he is currently, in my opinion, the best color commentator today. Typically has very good insight and seems pretty fair.

He has done alright for himself post-playing career I’d say.

Warhawk_46

Master
I'm rooting big time for CMAC and the niners but if he runs for over 30 yards tomorrow I will be bery surprised This is gonna be Philly in a blow out. If I owned a hat I hope to eat it but that front defensive line is a juggernaut.

Warhawk_46

Master
I'm rooting big time for CMAC and the niners but if he runs for over 30 yards tomorrow I will be bery surprised This is gonna be Philly in a blow out. If I owned a hat I hope to eat it but that front defensive line is a juggernaut.
I disagree. I think the 49ers take this game as long as their line holds up to the Philly pass rush. That will be key: who wins the trenches wins this game.

I actually think CMC will busy a long run today, 40-50 yarder which will keep the defensive on its heals.

Little will be a huge factor as well as Samuel.

I disagree. I think the 49ers take this game as long as their line holds up to the Philly pass rush. That will be key: who wins the trenches wins this game.

I actually think CMC will busy a long run today, 40-50 yarder which will keep the defensive on its heals.

Little will be a huge factor as well as Samuel.
I hope you are right. The paper said McCaffrey is 100 percent healthy but that slight calf injury got him only 10 carries last week as opposed to the backups 15. I've just got this 6th sense weird feeling tomorrow is his last game in the NFL. Nothing tangible but just a weird feeling.

Wildcat

I believe shanahan has a bag of tricks he’s been saving. Philly has what most consider the best roster in the NFL, for San Francisco to win Philly will have to be out coached.
Predicting KC and Cinci to be a shoot out. If Burrow can beat Mahommes in 4 straight games this won’t even be a rivalry anymore.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I see the Niners battling the Eagles to the end. I see a high scoring close game. Turnovers could be the key. Purdy just needs to take care
of the ball. I see Cmac going off tommorow. Despite the Eagles talent on both sides of the ball they will be facing a cheetah with the
heart of a lion who is hungry for some fresh meat. McCaffrey has waited his whole life for this moment. He will have a great game. It's gonna
be a nailbiter. Let's stay positive as this is one of the biggest caste matchups since the Brady back with the Prime Patriots Days. No doubt
America will be divided with the libs wanting to see San Fran. lose. I think they are going to end up heart broken. Niners Win In a Thriller!

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I see the Niners battling the Eagles to the end. I see a high scoring close game. Turnovers could be the key. Purdy just needs to take care
of the ball. I see Cmac going off tommorow. Despite the Eagles talent on both sides of the ball they will be facing a cheetah with the
heart of a lion who is hungry for some fresh meat. McCaffrey has waited his whole life for this moment. He will have a great game. It's gonna
be a nailbiter. Let's stay positive as this is one of the biggest caste matchups since the Brady back with the Prime Patriots Days. No doubt
America will be divided with the libs wanting to see San Fran. lose. I think they are going to end up heart broken. Niners Win In a Thriller!
I really hope you are right. CMac and Purdy will be keyed on by the D but I'm thinking Kittle could be the key. Shorter and mid-range passes to him with Purdy hitting him on quick routes would be a big help. Just keep the sticks moving. Keep the Eagles on their heels with Cmac even having a 50/50 mix of runs and receptions. Whatever it takes. They really need this. And of course play serious D because Philthy can score fast and often.