2022 NFL Playoffs Divisional Round

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Tevin Coleman defines mediocre journeyman, a significant downgrade from Mitchell, so this should bode well for McCaffrey getting as many touches as he can handle. Hopefully his calf is no longer a potential issue:

49ers elevated RB Tevin Coleman from the practice squad for Sunday against the Eagles.​

The elevation paints an ominous picture for the game-day status of running back Elijah Mitchell, the latter of whom missed practice all three days this week leading up to the NFC Conference Championship showdown with the Eagles. That could spell a likely increase to lead back Christian McCaffrey's expected usage, who saw more than five additional opportunities per game in contests Mitchell missed this season.

Warhawk_46

Master
I hope you are right. The paper said McCaffrey is 100 percent healthy but that slight calf injury got him only 10 carries last week as opposed to the backups 15. I've just got this 6th sense weird feeling tomorrow is his last game in the NFL. Nothing tangible but just a weird feeling.
His last game in the NFL? What is his slight calf injury going to result in amputation?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This is great news. Just what we had hoped for. If he is healthy I have confindence he will play good. The Eagles have a very good defense
so he will be dropped for some losses and short yard carries but Cmac has a knack of finding the tiniest of holes and making them pay. An
overagressive defense many times lead to small screen passes and runs that turn into huge chunks of yards. He will need to be on his A Game!

I also feel Kittle will be a key factor!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I have a good feeling about both games. Mahomes will be playing with a high ankle sprain which will greatly reduce his mobility, and Travis Kelce popped up on the injury report mid-week with some kind of back issue. I always root for Kelce of course, but I want the Bengals to win and I think they have a good chance, especially since they've played so well against KC the past couple of seasons when Mahomes and Kelce were healthy.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In this case, I think it's more important that the 49ers win, than McCaffrey plays a lot, or even plays well.
If the Niners win tomorrow, the entire country will watch them in the Super Bowl, starting an all-white backfield! Plus superstars George Kittle and Nick Bosa. That would really be an eye-opener.

El Gringo

Mentor
In this case, I think it's more important that the 49ers win, than McCaffrey plays a lot, or even plays well.
If the Niners win tomorrow, the entire country will watch them in the Super Bowl, starting an all-white backfield! Plus superstars George Kittle and Nick Bosa. That would really be an eye-opener.

I agree, as long as the 49ers’s win I’ll be happy regardless of Cmac s production. Hopefully they target Kittle early and often. He needs more than the five targets he got last week. It would also be nice to see Juice get 5 or 6 touches.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
This Niners vs Eagles Game today reminds me of the movie "Rocky".

Think of Purday as playing Rocky in Phily going for the knockout against Apollo Creed! Let's do this guys!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Philadelphia drunk white fans might be the worst. Really hope the 49ers pull off the upset.

woody39

Mentor
Come on the 49ers! Purdy CMac Kittle Bosa let's do this. Throw in deebo Samuel they have the tools and pieces to win this tonight!

woody39

Mentor
Here we go first series for the 49ers let's go guys, ride Cmac and look for kittle down the seam and Samuel they've got it!

icsept

Master
Egregious failure to challenge in the Smith catch. Now, the eagles challenge and Will get a fumble recovery. Terrible start by the 49ers.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Josh Johnson is Purdy's backup, good God let's hope his wrist is ok.