2022 NFL Playoffs Divisional Round

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Of the four matchups this weekend the one I'm easily looking forward to the most is Bengals-Bills on Sunday at 3 pm EST. I'm hoping the winner wins the AFC the following week and moves on to the Super Bowl.

The other three matchups look somewhat one-sided at least on paper: Chiefs-Jaguars, Giants-Eagles, and Cowboys-49ers. Will be pulling for Daniel Jones and the Giants to pull off the big upset over Philly, and Jax to somehow beat KC. Hopefully the 49ers keep rolling though the Cowboys should be a tough foe. It's amazing, comical even given how anal-retentive Jerry Jones is, that Dallas just won their first road playoff game in 30 years. Jones is one of the premier promoters of the Caste System over the past 35 years. Let's hope their season ends Sunday evening in San Francisco.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
I'm also hoping that San Francisco beats Dallas on Sunday. There's people from my past and if my family members were still alive they wouldn't even believe what I just said but, I've awakened to some things about the caste system that I never knew. Once you wake up, you can't unsee it.

I was a lifelong Cowboys fan up until about 2014 into 2015 and that's when Prescott took over the QB duties. It's around the same time when they brought in Ezekiel Elliott at running back. I didn't like the worship that those two got for obvious reasons. It was the final straw in me pulling for Dallas even though they were my team ever since childhood.

The ironic thing about Dallas' last road victory 30 years ago that Don mentioned is that it was in the NFC Championship game of 1992 which just so happens to be my most favorite game of all time. Dallas beat the 49ers out there in Candlestick with Aikman at the helm and that game was a total war in the mud, sweat and blood but Dallas definitely won it in all facets and came out on top.

Aikman went on to be the MVP in the Super Bowl against the Bills a couple of weeks later. It would be their first Super Bowl of three in a four-year period where they held a mini dynasty. Those were the days.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure who the backups are who will be taking their place, but we may be looking at a Cincy o-line that is a lot closer to the sumo disaster of the two previous seasons which nearly got Burrow killed.

Bengals RG Alex Cappa (ankle) and LT Jonah Williams (knee) are out for the Divisional Round.​

Joe Burrow enters the Divisional Round behind an offensive line decimated by injuries, facing a Buffalo defense with the NFL's 14th highest pressure rate. Burrow last week against the Ravens was sacked four times while narrowly avoiding a handful of other sacks and facing pressure on nearly every second half drop back. Expect Burrow to pepper his short-area targets against the Bills.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure who the backups are who will be taking their place, but we may be looking at a Cincy o-line that is a lot closer to the sumo disaster of the two previous seasons which nearly got Burrow killed.

Bengals RG Alex Cappa (ankle) and LT Jonah Williams (knee) are out for the Divisional Round.​

Joe Burrow enters the Divisional Round behind an offensive line decimated by injuries, facing a Buffalo defense with the NFL's 14th highest pressure rate. Burrow last week against the Ravens was sacked four times while narrowly avoiding a handful of other sacks and facing pressure on nearly every second half drop back. Expect Burrow to pepper his short-area targets against the Bills.

I believe Max Scharping and a sumo - Jackson Carman are going to be filling in. Another story not talked about as much with the Bengals has been their running game which ranks 29th in the league. The last three games of the regular season they were lowest in the league at 59.7 ypg.

Source: https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

This weekend should be interesting.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I'm also hoping that San Francisco beats Dallas on Sunday. There's people from my past and if my family members were still alive they wouldn't even believe what I just said but, I've awakened to some things about the caste system that I never knew. Once you wake up, you can't unsee it.

I was a lifelong Cowboys fan up until about 2014 into 2015 and that's when Prescott took over the QB duties. It's around the same time when they brought in Ezekiel Elliott at running back. I didn't like the worship that those two got for obvious reasons. It was the final straw in me pulling for Dallas even though they were my team ever since childhood.

The ironic thing about Dallas' last road victory 30 years ago that Don mentioned is that it was in the NFC Championship game of 1992 which just so happens to be my most favorite game of all time. Dallas beat the 49ers out there in Candlestick with Aikman at the helm and that game was a total war in the mud, sweat and blood but Dallas definitely won it in all facets and came out on top.

Aikman went on to be the MVP in the Super Bowl against the Bills a couple of weeks later. It would be their first Super Bowl of three in a four-year period where they held a mini dynasty. Those were the days.

I've hated the Cowboys since my youth as a kid in the 90s lol. Tons of blacks on twatter trying to talk up Prescott and hate on Purdy. Purdy has been the best story of the last third of the NFL season so let's hope he continues to play well.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Like a few here said the Bills vs Bengals is the game of the weekend. Again l like both teams but have to pull fro the Bills. It's just time that
they go and win a Super Bowl. Honestly I do think that Josh Allen has moved from a top 5 to a top 3 Quarterback in the NFL. He is just as
talented as a guy like Mahomes and others.

Philadelphia most likely wins even though I want them to choke.

The Niners have a 50/50 chance in my opinion. They are the hottest team in the NFL with their huge long 11 game win streak intact! They
believe in themselves and have a solid defense. On top of that they have an offense that can go toe to toe with the Cowboys. Even if
Prescott has a big day I believe Purdy will as well. This is gonna be a high scoring shootout with Cmac the difference maker. He is far
better than Elliot at this point in both of their careers. Let's Go Niners. Hope Kittle can have a monster game as well as Bosa on D!

I'm going to go out on a limb with the other game. I'm calling a HUGE UPSET WIN for the Jags over the Chiefs!

NikoDuke

Mentor
I think 49ers are the team we would want to win it all. Their win would be a good counter to the narrative, especially with the 3 Caste offs in key skills positions...

Wildcat

If Von Miller didn’t go on IR early into the season after signing an insanely pricey contract with Buffalo I’d expect the Bills to easily be the front runners. If Buffalo would’ve secured home field advantage through the playoffs I’d say it would be their Super Bowl to lose.
Whoever wins between Cinci and Buffalo I’ll root for.
Rooting hard for Trevor and the Jags, right now a victory over KC seems unlikely but Pederson is known for his miracles.
I actually would prefer if Philly beats the Giants because the thought of San Fran completely dismantling Philly in the NFC championship game would be a sight to see.

woody39

Mentor
49ers to win it all for me. Riding McCaffrey to the victory and the story of Purdy rooting for them. Add in Kittle and Bosa and it has to be them! Should be good if Chiefs or Bills get there from an enjoyment perspective as Mahommes is great but obviously for us rooting for Allen and the Bills although aside from Mahommes they are not a bad side froma caste perspective with Karlaftis and Chenal on defense and obviously Kelce and now Watson on offense.

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer
Pulling for Jags and Giants today and 49ers and Bills tomorrow. Very worst scenario in the SB would be KC vs Philly. Absolutely will not watch if that happens.

icsept

Master
I’d like to see Giants, 49ers, Bengals and Jags. Then 49ers v Bengals Super Bowl. I don’t want to hear anymore about the Bills and the “Love for Damar” ritual. This is probably the last year for the Chiefs to be competitive before Mahomes’ contract starts depleting the team.

jphoss

Mentor
I think Shannahan coaches circles around McCarthy and niners handle bizz. Eagles peaked too early and will rather lose this week or edge out a win only to lose next weekend. Upset special will be the Jags over the chiefs. Andy always underperforms in the playoffs for such a great regular season coach I can’t understand how his teams constantly choke and don’t show up for playoff games so Pederson gets the better of him and like after the super bowl will immediately thanks Jesus Christ sending millions of liberal chodes into fits of frenzy!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Andrew Wingard, who wasn't listed as a starter and was nowhere near the play, gets the perp shot after Kelce's TD.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
KC strikes first with a td to Travis Kelce. I've said it countless times. This is the best NFL Tightend I've ever seen play. I think just like
Brady someday in the furure we will look back on his career and know that he was the greatest to ever play the position!

Andrew Wingard, who wasn't listed as a starter and was nowhere near the play, gets the perp shot after Kelce's TD.
I noticed that too and it was extremely bizarre. I didn’t even realize Jax had a White DB prior to this. He was on the opposite side of the field when Kelce crossed the goal line.

However the perp shot was immediate, there was no delay. Almost as if the producers had the perp shot cued up prior to the play in case KC scored the TD.

This cannot be accidental at this point.

The broadcaster would NEVER zoom the camera in on a random black 3rd string DB who was nowhere near the play immediately (within about 0.3 seconds) after the opposing team scores a touchdown.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Glad Jags could respond on very next drive. Lawrence dropped a nice pass in there.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
KC strikes first with a td to Travis Kelce. I've said it countless times. This is the best NFL Tightend I've ever seen play. I think just like
Brady someday in the furure we will look back on his career and know that he was the greatest to ever play the position!
He’s certainly one of the best TEs in nfl history but he isn’t a complete TE like Witten/Gronk. We rarely see Kelce blocking - he’s not a well rounded true TE IMO.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another favorable questionable call for the chiefs. Not the first time we have seen that this season.