2022 NFL Draft

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Tanner Conner is the one I am most disappointed about, he got some hype on Twitter by draft guys like Matt Miller and Jim Nagy. 6'3 225 will probably end up running a 4.4. That speed at that size is uncommon in the league, only a few guys run like that.

He's a caste breaker which is exactly why he was ignored.

Red Raider

Mentor
At first I had a 5-6 round grade on Kyle Philips and then I predicted round 4. From what I’m seeing he is trending in round 3 now! He is going to be a special player, a lot of buzz around him right now.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
At first I had a 5-6 round grade on Kyle Philips and then I predicted round 4. From what I’m seeing he is trending in round 3 now! He is going to be a special player, a lot of buzz around him right now.

Alec Pierce is supposed to put up big numbers at the combine - supposedly 4.4 40 and 40"+ vert - let's see if that happens

white lightning

Hall of Famer
We need both Kyle Philips and Alec Pierce to help continue breaking the mold. Hoping they both can go in the mid rounds but I will guess middle for Philips and Pierce
will be a 6th or 7th round sleeper.

Last edited:

Red Raider

Mentor
We need both Kyle Philips and Alec Pierce to help continue breaking the mold. Hoping they both can go in the mid rounds but I will guess middle for Philips and Pierce
will be a 6th or 7th round sleeper.
I think you may be underestimating Alec Pierce, there’s some solid buzz around him. I wouldn’t be surprised if him and Philips both get picked in round 3.

As for Slade Bolden, I have no clue how athletic he is. If I have to make a projection I think he’ll be a round 5 or 6 selection.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think you may be underestimating Alec Pierce, there’s some solid buzz around him. I wouldn’t be surprised if him and Philips both get picked in round 3.

As for Slade Bolden, I have no clue how athletic he is. If I have to make a projection I think he’ll be a round 5 or 6 selection.

I hope Pierce is a 3rd rounder. The optimism of my past has been erased though as I’ve followed enough drafts to know the caste system will do its best to shove elite White athletes down the memory hole.

Maybe Kupp will provide the red pill that Jordy and Welker were not able too.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Patriots met with 8 receivers at the Combine. Two of them are Kyle Phillips and Slade Bolden. Maybe they'll get something right this year and draft an overachiever for Mac Jones to throw to. Jones reminds me of Tom Brady in that he's accurate and brainy and he needs receivers he can count on to run the right routes and be where they're supposed to be when he releases the ball (not that all QBs don't need that):

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/l...he-patriots-met-with-at-the-2022-nfl-combine/

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Bolden was Jones teammate at Alabama too. Would be nice to see the Pats return to their roots a little.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
So the narrative for this draft is that outside of Hutchinson and Notre Dame Safety Kyle Hamilton there is no consensus top player.

Hamilton injured his knee this past year and when watching Notre Dame play he was pretty good in coverage but he isn’t a top 2 talent. The fact he is 6’4 220 would make me think he would get bumped down to linebacker (like Tanner Muse was).

It sounds like Malik Willis is taking the Lamar Jackson route and will do nothing but qb drills. I am sure he will be off target with passes. Best case scenario is Pickett solidifies himself as the best qb in the class (don’t worry all the draft cucks are worried that he doesn’t have “upside”), Matt Corral interviews well and then performs great at his pro day and Carson Strong’s medical checks out and he performs well in the drills.

Hoping this thread becomes active over the next few days.

NikoDuke

Guru
Seeing that George Karlaftis is dropping to late 1st and early 2nd. That seems absurd to me as he's the best power rusher in this draft.

Red Raider

Mentor
Seeing that George Karlaftis is dropping to late 1st and early 2nd. That seems absurd to me as he's the best power rusher in this draft.
Yep been seeing the same thing, December-January most mocks I saw had him going top 12, now I start to see him towards the middle-end of round 1. I’d be very shocked if he made it out of the first round though.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I don’t think Karlaftis drops out of round 1. When researching stats for this years draft I took a look at a couple of the black defensive lineman who are projected to go high and was surprised at how unproductive statistically they were - the UGA DT comes to mind.

Stats may not tell the whole story but I firmly believe that production in college warrants to production in the nfl.

Red Raider

Mentor
I don’t think Karlaftis drops out of round 1. When researching stats for this years draft I took a look at a couple of the black defensive lineman who are projected to go high and was surprised at how unproductive statistically they were - the UGA DT comes to mind.

Stats may not tell the whole story but I firmly believe that production in college warrants to production in the nfl.
I agree 100%, white DL/LB’s are always filling up the stat sheet like crazy but when draft time comes around they are pushed to the bottom of the board because less productive guys have “upside” and “bend” and “athleticism” and “high ceilings”. That’s great but shouldn’t it mean something if they have all those traits but don’t put up numbers on the field?

Bucky

Hall of Famer
I'm excited to see what Leo Chenal does. Dude is a beast.Im expecting a 4.6 40 at 255lbs and 30+ bench reps. I saw Alec Pierce mentioned as well as a potential combine breakout Star. Any other predictions fellas?

If Karlaftis falls, it better be to #28!

NikoDuke

Guru
Yep been seeing the same thing, December-January most mocks I saw had him going top 12, now I start to see him towards the middle-end of round 1. I’d be very shocked if he made it out of the first round though.

He is a bonafide top 10 pick.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Some of the mock drafts I've seen have seven white players going in the first round.

LB_nose

Is Sam Howell our guy? His dad is Korean. But way less Asian looking than a guy like Taylor Rapp

Snowplow

Guru
Is Sam Howell our guy? His dad is Korean. But way less Asian looking than a guy like Taylor Rapp
His dad is only half Korean, making him 75% white. He passes the eye test, and nobody really talks about his ancestry nor does he really bring it up. I don’t have any issue with him at all and most of this forum supports him IIRC.

Red Raider

Mentor
Only 12/21 TE’s ran the 40 today. That seems odd, Daniel Jeremiah was wondering why on the broadcast as well. I was wondering the same thing. Jeremy Ruckert, Trey McBride, Teagan Quitoriano, Cade Otton, Charlie Kolar, and Chase Allen all chose not run.

Red Raider

Mentor
Also only 2 QB’s ran the 40 (Jack Coan and Dustin Crum). Very unusual.

Edit: never mind they were split into 2 groups. But still a good about half did not run.

Last edited: