2022 NFL Draft

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kyle Philips did not participate in the East-West Shrine Bowl today. Rumor is he will be joining the Senior Bowl, he could very well end up around 3-4 pick especially if he tests well at the combine.

I really have enjoyed watching his game the last several years. I think he is a guy that alot of teams will take a serious look at. He has all the tools to succeed
playing on Sundays. Hope he goes to the right team as many times it's all about who drafts you as to how fair a chance you get to make the team.

Red Raider

Mentor
I really have enjoyed watching his game the last several years. I think he is a guy that alot of teams will take a serious look at. He has all the tools to succeed
playing on Sundays. Hope he goes to the right team as many times it's all about who drafts you as to how fair a chance you get to make the team.
Absolutely, and I think Andy Isabella is the perfect example of that. He has been totally screwed so far. I think Kyle Philips is our best slot prospect in quite a few years. I think he’s a better prospect than Renfrow was, it is yet to be seen if he will be a better player though.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Shrine Game took place yesterday. The offensive player of the game was Brown QB EJ Perry. Defensive player of the game was Navy LB Diego Fagot. It's become information overload to track both the Senior Bowl and Shrine practices closely as they are now overlapping.

As @Red Raider mentioned it does sound like UCLA WR Kyle Phillips really helped his draft stock. Comparisons to Renfrow are being made. I've copied and pasted some of the notes from different sites regarding Phillips. Typically there are contradicting reports on most players so to see a consensus building around Kyle Phillips is encouraging.

Profootballnetwork notes:
Kyle Philips was good yesterday but had scouts buzzing on Sunday. He plays with incredible quickness and shows a burst. He’s a precise route runner who catches the ball extremely well.

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA
It’s apparent that no one can really keep up with UCLA WR Kyle Philips at the Shrine Bowl. He’s turned defensive backs in circles and has sped past linebackers with ease. His routes are crisp, and his hands are soft. Philips’ ability to separate at the catch point has made everyone take notice.

He isn’t the biggest guy, but Philips doesn’t have to stand tall to play big. The former UCLA WR hauled in the biggest play during team drills, finding a hole in zone coverage that he scooted for a touchdown. It was a bright spot for the passing game that saw very little of it yet again from the quarterbacks.

FROM SI.COM

#10 WR Kyle Philips, UCLA, 5110, 186, 0848, 2968, 7200

There is no shortage of highlight reel plays floating around of Philips breaking ankles of opposing cornerbacks here in Las Vegas. The fancy footwork, the upper body shimmy, head fake and all, the Cali native has become a star amongst scouts on hand. While Philips has earned high praise during one-on-ones, he has also been a standout in scrimmage action. The East quarterbacks have struggled to find him at times but just like any good receiver will tell you and any observer on-site can recognize, Philips is always open…just throw him the dang ball! This is an ascending star, so catch him while you can…no one has been hotter than this talented young man since November. The three-year starter finished his Bruins career with at least one reception in his last 29 consecutive games played and registered 35 catches, including five touchdowns during the final five games of the season. He should have a strong game come Saturday. After three consecutive days of leaving defenders in the dust, Philips has changed the narrative from, ‘will he get drafted,’ to ‘how high will he be selected?’

From acmepackingcompany.com
Sleeper: Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA
Kyle Philips didn’t get much action in the actual game, but he got rave reviews during the week of practice. The slot receiver compares very strongly to Hunter Renfrow and was first-team All-Pac-12 this last year. He might not win on raw athleticism, but he’s crafty and the Packers are still searching for a reliable slot receiver.

thedraftnetwork:
Kyle Philips
WR , UCLA

No player turned more heads at Shrine Bowl practices than Kyle Philips. The guy was completely unguardable in every part of practice. He won almost all of his one-on-ones all week and was flying all over the field, catching passes everywhere in team drills. Even on top of his ability to create separation and win his matchups, Philips was just really impressive catching the ball.

There were several occasions in which the UCLA product would win his one-on-one then have to make a big adjustment to complete the catch. Sometimes that meant showcasing his good body control, twisting around in the air to secure the ball while getting both feet in bounds to complete the catch. Other times it meant diving for the ball on a low throw or turning around and fighting through a defender to work back to the ball, snatching it away from their outstretched hands.

Philips was by far the biggest standout player in Las Vegas this week. He’s made himself some good money by elevating his draft stock more than any other player during Shrine Bowl practices.

Here are some notes about other players at the Shrine game:

- Clemson LB Baylen Spector was impressive at the line and making plays in space.
Baylon Spector, LB, Clemson
Making the play of the day for the defense, Clemson LB Baylon Spector showcased great coverage ability during team drills. He dropped back perfectly and read the quarterback’s eyes with ease, nabbing a leaping interception. What made it even more impressive was the fact that he made the pick with a cast on his right hand.

Baylon Spector made several productive plays in drills and the scrimmage. He stacked well against the run and also made plays in space

- Colorado DE/EDGE Carson Wells
From SI.COM

#26 DE Carson Wells, Colorado, 6025, 250, 0928, 3218, 7868

One of the first noticeable players to jump out of the gates with some extra ‘juice’ this week was Wells, who planted the aforementioned Muse straight on his back with a one-handed stiff arm attack on day one. The rave reviews have continued throughout the week for Wells, who has looked very capable in pass coverage when blanketing running backs or tight ends on subsequent days. Wells registered an eye-popping 182 tackles, including 38 tackles for loss and 15.5 sacks during his Buffaloes career. With his ability to blow up the backfield, drop in coverage or hover from sideline-to-sideline, Wells projects as an immediate contributor on special teams and a valuable rotational player who could play defensive end or linebacker depending on scheme. Some traditional, old-school scouts may grapple with the ‘tweener’ size but Wells has starter potential and should be viewed as a solid mid-round selection.

Wisconsin LB Jack Sanborn:

NFL.COM
Jack Sanborn, LB, Wisconsin

Sanborn stood out in RB/LB one-on-one receiving drills Tuesday, including one rep where he stoned the back at the top of his route and broke on the pass to knock it away.

The Wisconsin 'backer was a first-team All-Big Ten selection in 2021 and earned the team's Defensive Player of the Year honor. His 88.8 PFF grade ranked fifth among FBS off-ball linebackers last season.

Diego Fagot, LB, Navy
From NFL.COM
The Navy linebacker has acquitted himself well in practice sessions. He batted down a pass attempted for D'Eriq King while in coverage Tuesday, showing he's not just an in-the-box 'backer. Fagot is a two-time first-team All-AAC selection who led the Midshipmen in tackles in each of the past three seasons.

Some other players that seem to have helped their stock are:
Alec Lindstrom
Cordell Volson
Nick Muse

I think Jack Coan could be the next Kirk Cousins - that's the comparison I come up with. Hopefully he gets drafted in the late 3rd/early 4th round. He's a safe bet IMO.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Very encouraging news regarding Kyle Phillips! I think the Renfrow comparison plus some more juice is spot on.

Sounds like our LBs established themselves as mid round picks! Deep Class for us there. Hoping they don't get typical Caste Treatment and fall further than they should. *As a GB fan, Wells would be a great pick to bolster their Edge.. Cheaper option than Smith Bros who's time is up.

Also interesting comparison for Jack Coan! Cousins is pretty spot on, I initially thought of Alex Smith when I was watching him. Not sure he can move as well as Alex though, so Kirk probably makes a bit more sense!

LT Trevor Penning and TE Greg Dulcich are the only two pale faces listed on this list as players who boosted their Draft Stock. Unfortunately Malik Willis hype continues.
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...-their-NFL-Draft-stock-182327771/#182327771_9

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Willis hype has been predictable but laughable. @Bucky supposedly Tomlin is all in on Malik Willis (makes sense considering Haskins is still on the Steelers). Willis is also benefitting from the same treatment many other black players do - getting compared favorably to a current White superstar at the position - in this case he is getting compared to Josh Allen. If you go on social media all you see are bunch of dweebs fawning over Willis and his one run in the senior bowl saying how "twitchy, powerful, explosive" he looks as a runner. Once again failing to realize that the "dual threat" black QB crashes and burns pretty quickly in the NFL (due to injuries, lack of consistent passing ability etc.) I also read Howie from the Eagles was interested in Willis as are all the DWFs of the Redskins.

I also saw another black player - WR Kahlil Shaker get compared to Cooper Kupp o_O

It sounds like Pitt QB Kenny Pickett was solid all week, didn't do anything to hurt his stock. The media is trying to attack his hand size (the same "issue" that was brought up with Joe Burrow).

Last edited:

icsept

Master
Three of the top 6 projected picks are black left tackles. That position is becoming more caste every year.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Three of the top 6 projected picks are black left tackles. That position is becoming more caste every year.

Yup, it's maddening. Any Black OL that played in SEC is now a 1st Rd pick.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Comparing Willis at 6foot 220 to 6'5 245lb Josh Allen is laughable! :meparto:

El Gringo

Mentor
The Shrine Game took place yesterday. The offensive player of the game was Brown QB EJ Perry. Defensive player of the game was Navy LB Diego Fagot. It's become information overload to track both the Senior Bowl and Shrine practices closely as they are now overlapping.

As @Red Raider mentioned it does sound like UCLA WR Kyle Phillips really helped his draft stock. Comparisons to Renfrow are being made. I've copied and pasted some of the notes from different sites regarding Phillips. Typically there are contradicting reports on most players so to see a consensus building around Kyle Phillips is encouraging.

Profootballnetwork notes:
Kyle Philips was good yesterday but had scouts buzzing on Sunday. He plays with incredible quickness and shows a burst. He’s a precise route runner who catches the ball extremely well.

Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA
It’s apparent that no one can really keep up with UCLA WR Kyle Philips at the Shrine Bowl. He’s turned defensive backs in circles and has sped past linebackers with ease. His routes are crisp, and his hands are soft. Philips’ ability to separate at the catch point has made everyone take notice.

He isn’t the biggest guy, but Philips doesn’t have to stand tall to play big. The former UCLA WR hauled in the biggest play during team drills, finding a hole in zone coverage that he scooted for a touchdown. It was a bright spot for the passing game that saw very little of it yet again from the quarterbacks.

FROM SI.COM

#10 WR Kyle Philips, UCLA, 5110, 186, 0848, 2968, 7200

There is no shortage of highlight reel plays floating around of Philips breaking ankles of opposing cornerbacks here in Las Vegas. The fancy footwork, the upper body shimmy, head fake and all, the Cali native has become a star amongst scouts on hand. While Philips has earned high praise during one-on-ones, he has also been a standout in scrimmage action. The East quarterbacks have struggled to find him at times but just like any good receiver will tell you and any observer on-site can recognize, Philips is always open…just throw him the dang ball! This is an ascending star, so catch him while you can…no one has been hotter than this talented young man since November. The three-year starter finished his Bruins career with at least one reception in his last 29 consecutive games played and registered 35 catches, including five touchdowns during the final five games of the season. He should have a strong game come Saturday. After three consecutive days of leaving defenders in the dust, Philips has changed the narrative from, ‘will he get drafted,’ to ‘how high will he be selected?’

From acmepackingcompany.com
Sleeper: Kyle Philips, WR, UCLA
Kyle Philips didn’t get much action in the actual game, but he got rave reviews during the week of practice. The slot receiver compares very strongly to Hunter Renfrow and was first-team All-Pac-12 this last year. He might not win on raw athleticism, but he’s crafty and the Packers are still searching for a reliable slot receiver.

thedraftnetwork:
Kyle Philips
WR , UCLA

No player turned more heads at Shrine Bowl practices than Kyle Philips. The guy was completely unguardable in every part of practice. He won almost all of his one-on-ones all week and was flying all over the field, catching passes everywhere in team drills. Even on top of his ability to create separation and win his matchups, Philips was just really impressive catching the ball.

There were several occasions in which the UCLA product would win his one-on-one then have to make a big adjustment to complete the catch. Sometimes that meant showcasing his good body control, twisting around in the air to secure the ball while getting both feet in bounds to complete the catch. Other times it meant diving for the ball on a low throw or turning around and fighting through a defender to work back to the ball, snatching it away from their outstretched hands.

Philips was by far the biggest standout player in Las Vegas this week. He’s made himself some good money by elevating his draft stock more than any other player during Shrine Bowl practices.

Here are some notes about other players at the Shrine game:

- Clemson LB Baylen Spector was impressive at the line and making plays in space.
Making the play of the day for the defense, Clemson LB Baylon Spector showcased great coverage ability during team drills. He dropped back perfectly and read the quarterback’s eyes with ease, nabbing a leaping interception. What made it even more impressive was the fact that he made the pick with a cast on his right hand.

Baylon Spector made several productive plays in drills and the scrimmage. He stacked well against the run and also made plays in space

- Colorado DE/EDGE Carson Wells
From SI.COM

#26 DE Carson Wells, Colorado, 6025, 250, 0928, 3218, 7868

One of the first noticeable players to jump out of the gates with some extra ‘juice’ this week was Wells, who planted the aforementioned Muse straight on his back with a one-handed stiff arm attack on day one. The rave reviews have continued throughout the week for Wells, who has looked very capable in pass coverage when blanketing running backs or tight ends on subsequent days. Wells registered an eye-popping 182 tackles, including 38 tackles for loss and 15.5 sacks during his Buffaloes career. With his ability to blow up the backfield, drop in coverage or hover from sideline-to-sideline, Wells projects as an immediate contributor on special teams and a valuable rotational player who could play defensive end or linebacker depending on scheme. Some traditional, old-school scouts may grapple with the ‘tweener’ size but Wells has starter potential and should be viewed as a solid mid-round selection.

Wisconsin LB Jack Sanborn:

NFL.COM
Jack Sanborn, LB, Wisconsin

Sanborn stood out in RB/LB one-on-one receiving drills Tuesday, including one rep where he stoned the back at the top of his route and broke on the pass to knock it away.

The Wisconsin 'backer was a first-team All-Big Ten selection in 2021 and earned the team's Defensive Player of the Year honor. His 88.8 PFF grade ranked fifth among FBS off-ball linebackers last season.

Diego Fagot, LB, Navy
From NFL.COM
The Navy linebacker has acquitted himself well in practice sessions. He batted down a pass attempted for D'Eriq King while in coverage Tuesday, showing he's not just an in-the-box 'backer. Fagot is a two-time first-team All-AAC selection who led the Midshipmen in tackles in each of the past three seasons.

Some other players that seem to have helped their stock are:
Alec Lindstrom
Cordell Volson
Nick Muse

I think Jack Coan could be the next Kirk Cousins - that's the comparison I come up with. Hopefully he gets drafted in the late 3rd/early 4th round. He's a safe bet IMO.
Thanks for the rundown LF! I know it’s unlikely but the Packers need to go after Phillips.

I bet Fagot had it rough as a kid. He probably needed to get tough in a hurry with a last name like that. No wonder he is a linebacker!

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the rundown LF! I know it’s unlikely but the Packers need to go after Phillips.

I bet Fagot had it rough as a kid. He probably needed to get tough in a hurry with a last name like that. No wonder he is a linebacker!

Lol. It's a good thing his first name wasn't Sue, then he'd have had even more problems.

El Gringo

Mentor
Lol. It's a good thing his first name wasn't Sue, then he'd have had even more problems.

Your right about that EP!! Sue Fagot would be a death sentence on the street and in the political world. I guess the only guy that had us worse was former Detroit db Harry Colon. His parents should be beat across the head and body with a rubber hose for sure. Poor bastard.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Colon

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Not really much more to add to the Senior Bowl.

As stated above the media/amateur draftniks are all abuzz about Kenny Pickett's hand size. Not saying Pickett is Burrow but they do have similar playing styles with similar physical measurables/ability. At this point for me seeing these types of things repeat year after year just get old. These scouts, GMs, amateur draft "experts" make the same mistakes year in and year out. They never look outside the box and 99% of them are not capable of looking at the draft through anything but the lens of the caste system. @icsept posted above how the three projects top OTs in this draft are sumos from the SEC. Teams should go back to 2020 to see how bad those sumos were - Giants selected Andrew Thomas 4th overall - he has been awful, Jedrick Wills has been ok (10th overall) but not dominant at all, Mekhi Becton (11th overall) has been a bust - injuries, Tristan Wirfs (13th overall) has been solid, Austin Jackson (18th overall) - don't know much about him but my guess is he has not lived up to his billing/draft position, Isaiah Wilson (29th overall) I believe he is out of the league after getting cut for off the field nonsense.

I have seen some positive feedback on Cincinnati WR Alec Pierce. Trevor Penning was deemed to have a real nasty streak and probably solidified himself as a 2nd round pick. LBs Chad Muma and Troy Anderson are also garnering positive buzz. Trey McBride and Jeremy Ruckert both showed well (Ruckert had to pull out of the Senior bowl due to a foot injury)

Once again the Senior Bowl did a great job of ignoring White athletes. Even as players dropped out they invited other less productive black players to take their places - guys like Max Borghi and Jack Sorenson were not afforded the opportunity even after injuries opened up roster spots.

The combine will be the next step in the caste system eradicating opportunity from White athletes. This year has quite a few LBs/TEs/WRs and even a few RBs that should receive invites.

Tannehill17

Mentor
Austin Jackson (18th overall) - don't know much about him but my guess is he has not lived up to his billing/draft position,

He's downright terrible! Lost his starting LT job and moved to guard where he's been bad there as well.

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Too bad CF is the only place documenting these sumo BUSTs of '20 Class.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Too bad CF is the only place documenting these sumo BUSTs of '20 Class.

At this point - following the draft for 17 years - the fact that teams refuse to pick up on obvious patterns is beyond my rational mind.

Jerry Reb

Mentor
If the strongest attack the jock sniffers have against Pickett is his hand size, that should be an encouraging sign for his draft stock.

Lurkers take notice. Factors such as hand size, arm length, and height are only ever used as attacks on White players.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Comparing Willis at 6foot 220 to 6'5 245lb Josh Allen is laughable! :meparto:
Willis is more likely to be the next Bob Griffin aka The Gremlin. That would be a proper size comp. He’ll never be the next Allen, as its physically impossible.

Red Raider

Mentor
I’ve noticed a comeback of big linebackers recently after the trend between 2013-2020 of these new sub 230 pound LB’s who run really fast. A couple of our guys who fit the mold this year include Leo Chenal, Chad Muma, and Troy Andersen. This trend isn’t just white guys, there have been bigger black LB’s highly favored recently too. I personally am a fan, if I was a DC I’d want 2 big LB’s 6’3-6’4 and 240-255lbs with a smaller guy around them and a safety that can come down in the box and play.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Combine list is out - while the media focuses on the faux outrage for the lack of black head coaches real discrimination continues going undeterred. 67 out of 315 invitees are White - 21.2% - at this point the consistency should be a wake up call to anyone with an open mind

Quarterbacks - 11/15
Jack Coan, Notre Dame
Matt Corral, Mississippi
Dustin Crum, Kent State
Sam Howell, North Carolina
Cole Kelley, Southeastern Louisiana
EJ Perry, Brown
Kenny Pickett, Pittsburgh
Brock Purdy, Iowa State
Carson Strong, Nevada
Skylar Thompson, Kansas State
Bailey Zappe, Western Kentucky

Running Backs - 1/36
Max Borghi, Washington State

Wide Recivers - 3/40
Slade Bolden, Alabama
Kyle Philips, UCLA
Alec Pierce, Cincinnati

Tight ends - 12/21
Austin Allen, Nebraska
Chase Allen, Iowa State
Daniel Bellinger, San Diego State
Grant Calcattera, SMU
Greg Dulcich, UCLA
Jake Ferguson, Wisconsin
Peyton Hendershot, Indiana
Charlie Kolar, Iowa State
Trey McBride, Colorado State
Cade Otton, Washington
Teagan Quitoriano, Oregon State
Jeremy Ruckert, Ohio State

Offensive linemen - 24/58
Blaise Andries, Minnesota
Ben Brown, Mississippi
Logan Bruss, Wisconsin
Dawson Deaton, Texas Tech
Austin Deculus, LSU
Kellen Diesch, Arizona State
Luke Fortner, Kentucky
Luke Goedeke, Central Michigan
Cam Jurgens, Nebraska
Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
Alec Lindstrom, Boston College
Cade Mays, Tennessee
Max Mitchell, Louisiana
Trevor Penning, Northern Iowa
Bernhard Raimann, Central Michigan
Andrew Rupcich, Culver-Stockton
Cole Strange, Tennessee-Chattanooga
Andrew Stueber, Michigan
Luke Tenuta, Virginia Tech
Zach Thomas, San Diego State
Cordell Volson, North Dakota State
Matt Waletzko, North Dakota
Luke Wattenberg, Washington
Nick Zakelj, Fordham

Defensive linemen - 4/48
Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan
George Karlaftis, Purdue
John Ridgeway, Arkansas
Cameron Thomas, San Diego State

Linebackers - 12/36
Troy Andersen, Montana State
Chance Campbell, Mississippi
Leo Chenal, Wisconsin
JoJo Domann, Nebraska
Jake Hansen, Illinois
Nate Landman, Colorado
Micah McFadden, Indiana
Chad Muma, Wyoming
Malcolm Rodriguez, Oklahoma State
Mike Rose, Iowa State
Jack Sanborn, Wisconsin
Baylon Spector, Clemson

Defensive backs - 0/61

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Pathetic. Share that on Gab as well if you wouldn't mind!

OL dipping below 50% absolutely sucks.

No DL Matt Henningsen?! Not one Pale Face is worthy at DB?! For ***** sake.

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Pathetic. Share that on Gab as well if you wouldn't mind!

OL dipping below 50% absolutely sucks.

No DL Matt Henningsen?!

Done. I think OL has been like this for awhile to be honest. I'll go through and add my combine snubs and try to annoy people on social media.