2022 NFL Draft

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
PSU DB /WSTD Drew Hartlaub ran a 4.24 at the pro day. Good thing James Franklin let him utilize his athletic ability on the field playing defensive back…oh wait he didn’t. He was the wrong color to play DB.

It's reminiscent of Dan Chisena, a Penn State receiver who ran a 4.32 40 -- at 6'3" yet! -- but was used by Franklin purely as a WSTD. He made the Vikings, who list him as a receiver but who have also used him solely as a WSTD so far, but his complete lack of college experience at receiver undoubtedly played a huge factor leading to that role in the NFL.

TwentyTwo

Master
https://www.si.com/college/utah/football/2022-nfl-draft-profile-britain-covey

Nice draft profile on Britain Covey, one of the rare ones where a white guy isn’t stereotyped or talked about negatively. Covey is one of my favorite players in this draft, I’ve NEVER seen a player with his ability to make cuts. He is in the middle of his pro day right now. One tweet I saw had his 40 at 4.43, right around where I’d expect him to be. He is so explosive and is a former basketball player, I expect him to have a good vertical as well.
Exactly! Me too Red Raider! Hard to believe it was 2015 as a Freshman he sliced n diced USC! The 97 yard Kickoff Return vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl icing on the cake! Too bad injuries derailed his career a while after his two year mission. Dude should have got an NFL Combine Invite@ !

I have seen Malik Willis compared to a slightly better version of Jalen Hurts.

QB EJ Perry (Brown/Boston College transfer) 6’2’’ 211 had Good athletic numbers at the combine- 4.65 40, 35.4’’ vertical ; posting the best 20-yard shuttle and three-cone drill of all QB prospects.One one Ivy League QB Drafted since 1984??
FNBgRdXXoAQSOzD

One 4 Round Mock Draft had WR Alec Pierce going in Round 4 to the Cowboys.....think he can land in the mid-late 3rd Round

Of course Hutchinson & Karlaftis are 1st Round picks ...then i see
LB Leo Chenal was Projected at #54 / 2nd Round to the PATRIOTS
DE Cameron Thomas 2nd Round / #61 to the 49ers
LB Chad Muma 3rd Round @69 to N.Y. Jets
LB Troy Andersen ...3rd Round @ 89 to the BILLS

Curious to see where Northern Iowa Left Tackle Trevor Penning 6'-7" 325 ends up?? Perfect timing for with 40 year young Andrew Whitworth retiring from Super Bowl Champ L.A. Rams

Last edited:

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Exactly! Me too Red Raider! Hard to believe it was 2015 as a Freshman he sliced n diced USC! The 97 yard Kickoff Return vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl icing on the cake! Too bad injuries derailed his career a while after his two year mission. Dude should have got an NFL Combine Invite@ !

I have seen Malik Willis compared to a slightly better version of Jalen Hurts.

QB EJ Perry (Brown/Boston College transfer) 6’2’’ 211 had Good athletic numbers at the combine- 4.65 40, 35.4’’ vertical ; posting the best 20-yard shuttle and three-cone drill of all QB prospects.One one Ivy League QB Drafted since 1984??
FNBgRdXXoAQSOzD

One 4 Round Mock Draft had WR Alec Pierce going in Round 4 to the Cowboys.....think he can land in the mid-late 3rd Round

Of course Hutchinson & Karlaftis are 1st Round picks ...then i see
LB Leo Chenal was Projected at #54 / 2nd Round to the PATRIOTS
DE Cameron Thomas 2nd Round / #61 to the 49ers
LB Chad Muma 3rd Round @69 to N.Y. Jets
LB Troy Andersen ...3rd Round @ 89 to the BILLS

Curious to see where Northern Iowa Left Tackle Trevor Penning 6'-7" 325 ends up?? Perfect timing for with 40 year young Andrew Whitworth retiring from Super Bowl Champ L.A. Rams

Perry has had a very good draft process. I've read that he has taken some top 30 visits as well. I plan to get into the draft projections in the next few weeks. As of now I feel Perry should be a 5th/6th rounder. It's pretty amazing how none of the 2nd tier QBs - Zappe, Kelley, Coan, Perry, Crum, Purdy are getting next to no recognition. The media hype train behind Willis is running at full steam with Ridder also getting unwarranted recognition. I feel Pickett is easily the best QB in the class and then I would take Corral.

As for Penning I don't think he ends up on the Rams - he's probably a mid 1st rounder and the Rams don't have a pick until round 3.

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Michigan State LB Noah Harvey with a 4.57 at 6'3 230 is impressive as well.

Agreed on Perry fellas. He made himself some money during this process.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Much hyped S Kyle Hamilton ran a 4.59 at the combine. The pundits say it doesn't matter. Hamilton is black.

As many have noted on this forum before, when blacks run a slow 40 it doesn't matter, when white men do so it proves they're slow.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Found this on Weenieworld (which they stole from a post on twitter). Pickett is up there with Wilson, Jones and Burrow. It's interesting to note that all the best deep ball throwers have been White. After seeing Mac Jones roundly disrespected during the draft process last year before the Patriots ended up with him I have to wonder if Pickett is going to experience the same type of treatment this year or if the NFL actually learned a lesson (my guess is no).

Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett has the fifth best deep ball accuracy since 2019.
Pickett (6'3"/220) had just 30% of his downfield passes be considered uncatchable (lower is better here), fifth lowest in the past five years. That's behind just Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Joe Burrow and Grayson McCall. With the exception of McCall, all of those other guys were top picks in the draft, so Pickett is in good company. Pickett has been mocked all around the first round, with many considering him to be the QB1 of the draft. Deep ball accuracy is an increasingly important part of these vertical NFL offenses, and it's good to see Pickett has that down.

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1507897307974574081?s=20&t=jFCIs-gGERNjbmOMQlLejA

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Found this on Weenieworld (which they stole from a post on twitter). Pickett is up there with Wilson, Jones and Burrow. It's interesting to note that all the best deep ball throwers have been White. After seeing Mac Jones roundly disrespected during the draft process last year before the Patriots ended up with him I have to wonder if Pickett is going to experience the same type of treatment this year or if the NFL actually learned a lesson (my guess is no).

Pittsburgh QB Kenny Pickett has the fifth best deep ball accuracy since 2019.
Pickett (6'3"/220) had just 30% of his downfield passes be considered uncatchable (lower is better here), fifth lowest in the past five years. That's behind just Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Joe Burrow and Grayson McCall. With the exception of McCall, all of those other guys were top picks in the draft, so Pickett is in good company. Pickett has been mocked all around the first round, with many considering him to be the QB1 of the draft. Deep ball accuracy is an increasingly important part of these vertical NFL offenses, and it's good to see Pickett has that down.

https://twitter.com/PFF_AustinGayle/status/1507897307974574081?s=20&t=jFCIs-gGERNjbmOMQlLejA

Pickett could go at 6 to Carolina...

white lightning

Hall of Famer

If he did maybe Cmac would stick around. Even then though we would probably be better off see Cmac on a playoff team ready to challenge for a super bowl. He
is in his mid 20's now and there is no time to waste on a team that has to rebuild from the bottom up. He needs to be on a team with talent so that he can be the
final piece to the puzzle. I would love to see Pickett go to Carolina though as he could become the face of the franchise!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
As much as I would like for that to happen, Carolina's mock draft shows no signs of drafting a QB. They are looking for OL first. However, they do have their eye on Troy Andersen, Montan State.
Carolina's top 5 wish list
6. Charles Cross OL MSU
106. Alec Linstrom Boston College. Nice OL pick up if he lasts that long.
143. Troy Andersen Montana St. LB. Like to see that happen
148. Haskell Garnett OSU
197. Smoke Monday S Auburn

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Finally only a month left of Draft hype. I'm ready for the show to get started. Seen far too many mock drafts at this point lol

icsept

Master
The idea of spending high picks on “upside” quarterbacks like Trey Lance, Justin Fields and Malik Willis is nonsensical. The modern quarterback has received elite training from junior high through college. If they’re still not prepared to start in the NFL, then they are seriously flawed. Also, this eats years off the rookie year contract just getting them ready.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
All of a sudden accuracy is no longer important for quarterbacks - if they're black. All that matters is that they can run around.

Extra Point

Hall of Famer
Highlights of WR Alec Pierce. He's big, fast and has good hands. Has a 9,80 RAS.

Should go high in the second or even in the first. Probably won't.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The idea of spending high picks on “upside” quarterbacks like Trey Lance, Justin Fields and Malik Willis is nonsensical. The modern quarterback has received elite training from junior high through college. If they’re still not prepared to start in the NFL, then they are seriously flawed. Also, this eats years off the rookie year contract just getting them ready.

Great point.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Highlights of WR Alec Pierce. He's big, fast and has good hands. Has a 9,80 RAS.

Talk about great hands. He catches everything! He is alot like Jordy Nelson. Great video. This got me pumped up!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Finally only a month left of Draft hype. I'm ready for the show to get started. Seen far too many mock drafts at this point lol

LOL. I am slowly starting to check them out just to get my projections ready. I am thinking of also keeping a tally on where I see guys projected to go as opposed to where they do go (got this idea because I have seen Leo Chenal being projected anywhere from a 2nd round pick to not being included in mock drafts). My opinion on Chenal is that he should be a late 1st round pick, he was dominant on the field and then backed everything up with elite athletic testing. Chenal is better than the following players that have been drafted in the 1st round going back to 2017 at the LB position - Zaven Collins 16th overall, Jamin Davis 19th overall, Isiah Simmons 8th overall, Kenneth Murray 23rd overall, Jordan Brooks 27th overall, Patrick Queen 28th overall, Devin Bush 10th overall, Charles Harris 22nd overall, Jarrad Davis 21st

BeyondFedUp

Hall of Famer

Pierce looks great and strong like a pro prospect should. I love the stiff-arm after catch at the 1:01 mark. Great stuff he's showing in those clips.

Red Raider

Mentor
Another safety in this draft class flying under the radar is SMU’s Trevor Denbow. He showed elite athleticism at his pro day! He had a productive career at SMU starting at S and LB for 4 years.

DB Trevor Denbow
5’11” 208lbs
40: 4.46
Shuttle: 4.09
3 cone: 7.03
Vert: 38.5”
Broad: 11’!!!
Bench: 18 reps

Last edited:

Bucky

Hall of Famer
Great workout for Denbow and it looks like he slimmed up for it and tested well! Should be coveted as an in the box Strong Safety.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Another great workout for a White DB. A position they are doing their best to eradicate the remaining White athletes from.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
It’s really sad reading through all these pro days realizing how screwed these guys have been. The White safety situation is especially maddening. Not only do these guys perform extremely well on the field, they test better than average. Yet they’ll be a 7th round pick or UDFA, where they can easily be purged from a roster before season start. And the DWFs will never question it, since only the “real athletes” get combine invites and 4 seasons plus to reach their “upside”.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
As I mentioned in a previous post, the Bears have a lot of interest in Alec Pierce (unfortunately for Alec). Was just reading an article on this topic, and the writer per usual shows either cognitive dissonance or a bit of malice. Early in the article Pierce is described as having "decent" speed, then later on it's casually mentioned how he ran a 4.33 at the Combine, phenomenal given his height. He doesn't even mention that Pierce's time was subsequently revised a bit higher.

I always wonder if a given writer is so well indoctrinated that they write such contradictory stuff ritually and essentially unknowingly, or if it's motivated by malice. I'm sure it depends on the writer, with some merely being ignorant while others are wise to the agenda and knowingly promote it. The higher up the media food chain the more likely they are to engage in anti-White stereotyping deliberately.

Bears Linked to ‘Local Guy’ in Early Rounds of Upcoming Draft

Pierce’s numbers with the Bearcats weren’t gaudy, but he has a good deal of intangibles (great hands, nice size, decent speed) and could be a likely option for the Bears considering both Christian Watson and George Pickens may be gone by the time the Bears pick at No. 39. . .

The Bears could do a lot worse than Pierce. He ran a 4.33 40-yard dash at the combine, and his Relative Athletic Score (RAS) was off the charts.

full article: https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/2022-draft-cincinatti-wr-alec-pierce/

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I think they are indoctrinated at this point. The physical measurements and attributes are proven but so many of these “experts” are conditioned to see skin color as the main attribute condition for athleticism.

I don’t want Pierce to end up in Chicago. I would like to see one of the White QBs get drafted though as an insurance policy when Fields fails. It’s also amazing to me that Dalton is a free agent and being treated as a complete after thought.