2010 White Running Backs

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are some of the white RB's to watch out for this year.

Rex Burkhead - Nebraska Rex should have a great year this year. (My favorite player of course.
smiley2.gif
)

HUB_Rexbhead.jpg

Brandon Wegher - Iowa Hopefully, Brandon will pick up where he left off in the Orange Bowl game.

610x.jpg

Sam McGuffie - Rice With Guff lining up in the backfield, Rice should be in competition for a bowl berth this year.

bsd.FBC.vswisconsin.09-27-08.018.jpg

(Pic from Michigan days.)

J.J. DiLuigi - BYU Just one part of BYU's white RB trio this year.

1738239.jpg

Zach Line - SMU The Mustangs will be a fun team to watch this year.

Zach-Line-SMU-v.-Tulane-11-28-09-3-397x500.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
One of my favorite players from one of my favorite teams.. Chase Reynolds giving a forearm shiver!!

f920672e-a0b6-11de-a6ae-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

"Jersey Joe" Martinek. Love the nickname!

large_martinek417.jpg
Edited by: celticdb15

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Thanks for the pics! I wish we had a bunch more young white men to watch next season, but at least we have several standouts in different conferences.

green fire317

Banned
What about Tyler Gaffney? I remember Jimmy posting something saying that Gaffney was the favorite to start.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Here are few more guys to cheer for.

Mitch Sutton - North Dakota The Sioux should have a great year this year.

906dakota1.jpg

Bryan Kariya - BYU The second part of BYU's white RB trio.

large_byu.jpg

Jared Tew - Air Force A key component in Air Force's ground game.

football091109.jpg

Jameson Carter - Army A home-run threat for the Black Knights. Should help Army to a breakout year.

340x.jpg

chris371

Mentor
Joe Martinek is a beast, and Wegher is a home run threat.
Mcguffie is a speed demon who breaks tackles and has great spin moves.
Wish i lived in the USA so i could watch these guys play every week.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
What about Tyler Gaffney? I remember Jimmy posting something saying that Gaffney was the favorite to start.

I couldn't find any pics of Gaffney in a Stanford uniform b\c he didn't play much last year. I'll be more then happy to post some pics once he gets a chance to tear it up a little!
smiley2.gif

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
John Mosure

8020d98d-d56b-567a-a714-ebf576f1a4b3.image.jpg

TwentyTwo

Master
Best thread yet...great job yall!! Good thing about most of the RB's on this list is they are "all-purpose/or "scat back" types...so the media caste whores won't confuse them as "PowerBacks" needing to convert to stinking fullback!

When McGuffie reaches the NFL; heshould be used like Saints use Reggie Bush...
Wegher has some nice wiggle too...enjoyed the game breaking TD vs GaTech in Orange Bowl
Martinek is a nice blend of power and speed...
Looking forward to some more 100 yard games from Burkhead after the nice bowl game

Here is another name... John Mosure Colorado State(led the team with 5.2avg/8TD's total as Jr. in 09')
johnmosure.jpg

BTW-In HS Mosure was runner-up "Mr. Florida" in 05' his Senior year; but I'm sure Bowden' s Criminoles, Gaytors, and hometown thug-Canes looked the other way??

HA SORRY CELTIC D..So many interuptions you beat me to it..
smiley32.gif

Edited by: TwentyTwo

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
No problems twentytwo! I'm really hoping for a big year out of Mosure so that he can show some of the racist teams in his homestatestate what they were missing.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Great thread & FABULOUS job guys. RB is my favorite position to watch & I feel it's the position I'm best at evaluating. Martinek, McGuffie, Wegher, Burkhead & possibly Reynolds and Gaffney (I'll have to watch more of the last 2) are all guys good enough to tote the rock in the NFL. I think we'll be able to add Drew Phillips of BYU to this list after this season. I don't know much about John Mosure, but he'll be another talent for me to follow this season and he had a great resume running the ball in H.S in football crazy Florida. TwentyTwo, I'm not surprised those prick teams didn't give him even a sniff at a scholarship. Hopefully Mosure will be given more of a leading tailback role this year as opposed to evenly splitting carries like last year. This could be a great year for white RBs. Last year was the year of the white WR, maybe this will be the year of the white RB!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Riddlewire

Master
tobyisgod said:
This is awesome. Anyone from the Pac 10 worth watching?

Not that it will mean anything, but Jordan Jenkins led Oregon State in rushing in their Spring Game. Jizz Rodgers was injured or something. Jenkins had 117yds on 25 carries.

99591080.jpg

He'll never see the field for the Ja'Beavers.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
He's only a sophomore though Riddlewire. I highly doubt he'll see the field this year, but things have improved (just a little) for white tailbacks in the last few years. Maybe he'll keep showing all he's got to the point that the Beavers will let him split carries with a blacklete once the Rodgers brothers move on to the NFL as "chosen one" blackletes.

He could always transfer. Jordan Roberts was in an even worse situation with that pathetic WVU program and transferred. If Jenkins doesn't work his way up the depth chart this year, he should think about transferring too, but attempt to transfer to another FBS school instead of a small school like Roberts did.

If a white athlete knows he is getting screwed by an inferior black tailback (not saying Rodgers or Devine are that) getting ALL the carries instead of him- these guys have got to fight tooth n' nail for playing time and if things don't look up for them, transfer to a more white friendly program!

The Nile Knapp situation disturbed me more than any of them. That kid was way too good to accept no for an answer. If Iowa didn't want to give him a scholarship, his family should have gotten someone to create a website for him, his dad should have driven him around the country to every FBS camp they could possibly make and his film should have been sent to EVERY school with limited RB scholarships granted this year that has a solid record of playing white athletes. I heard the Knapp family situation was a tough one (financially and with a sick grandfather), but it's sad b/c that kid had SUPERSTAR written all over him.
smiley19.gif
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with you on Nile Knapp. As for this season, I see McGuffie having a huge year. If it weren't for the team he is playing for, he might even get some Heisman Hype assuming he stays healthy. After that, Wegher and Burkhead are going to be studs. Mosure should be solid at Colorodo. No matter how much I enjoy watching all of these guys, I'm still going to miss seeing Toby Gerhart. I can only hope that a few of these guys can come close to putting up the type of yards he did. It would be very hard though since most of them split carries.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
WL, I expect Burkhead to be a FEATURED workhorse back next year (Helu will be leaving I think). Wegher will probably be the main show before he leaves Iowa, but not for a couple years. We should see mostly a "One man Sam" show at tailback for Rice and hopefully that other QB they got (from Miami?) Taylor Cook? will replace Fantuzzi and do better (if Fantuzzi dinks and dunks as much as last year) to help open up the offense for Sam the Matrix show. BYU will likely give almost 100% of their carries to white men this year. Then there are small school guys like Chase Reynolds who are featured who we can enjoy one last time before they are screwed by the NFL.

Joe Martinek will probably be only seeing about 2/3s of the carries this year, b/c Rutgers has a talented scat back that may go on to earn as many as half the carries in D'Antwan Williams (although the DW Rutgers' fans are already over hyping him as better than Martinek, I don't think he is, but he does bring something a little different to the table than Jersey Joe). Martinek's a stud though- so I still think he could bust 1,000 yards. And the competition for playing time might light even more of a fire under Joe. Gaffney will likely split carries with Stepfan Taylor. We should still have some nice players to root for this year, even with Toby train moved on to the (N)ot (F)or Whites (L)eague!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Someone not mentioned is true Freshman Brandon Bourban of the Kansas Jayhawks. He should get a chance to contribute right away. Couldn't find a picture yet in the Kansas white and blue so this will have to do for now.

UA_ATL_BrandonBourbon.jpg

StarWars

Mentor
Awesome thread. I am so excited to see McGuffie play ball this year. As Jimmy Chitwood alerted us, there are two white RBs for Stanford that may be in the mix shortly.

Maybe instead of just having a "whitest teams thread," we should also have a "teams with a white RB" thread.

And I think Bryan Kariya for BYU might be a mix, but am not certain. He certainly has white in him, but could be Asian or Pacific islander too.

Chase Reynolds is one heck of a back to watch. Maybe because of his small size, he will be drafted as a slot receiver (which in this case I'd agree with). Marciani was picked up late in the draft afterall.

TwentyTwo

Master
John Goebel-Cincinnati....likely to split carries in a crowded backfield with plenty of competition...his soph. season was promising rushing for 607yards 7 TD's + 26 rec for 283 yards; however nagging injuries last season(jr.year) bumped him down the depth chart. Hopefully he can have a solid injury free Senior season!

largechiara.jpg

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Anyone know when the last time Rutgers started a white tailback was? I'm sure it has to be at least a decade or more. Nice to see Martinek as the featured back.