2010 White Running Backs

NJfan

2004,2005 Brian Leonard started for Rutgers at RB before moving to FB for Ray Rice in 2006

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
Brian Leonard started a lot of games before they switched him to FB his senior year for Ray Rice.

It sure is disappointing that Jordan Roberts had to go all the way down to Div.II to play TB.

StarWars wrote:

"And I think Bryan Kariya for BYU might be a mix, but am not certain. He certainly has white in him, but could be Asian or Pacific islander too."

The hockey player Paul Kariya has some Japanese in his background, so the Japanese surname for Bryan Kariya probably means the same.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I remember I took heat from some of you guys for originally stating that as a Rutgers' fan, I thought giving the starting HB job to Ray Rice and playing Leonard alongside him at FB- to keep the defense guessing- was the right move. I still think Rutgers should have used Leonard a little more at HB as a senior- and maybe given him a couple more carries a game at FB too- to keep the D guessing. However, Ray Rice clearly has better instincts, vision and burst (and more agility) as a runner than Leonard. Turns out Ray Rice is now one of the top 3 RBs (according to most) in the NFL! Believe me when I say I know how to evaluate RBs! Leonard is a great athlete, but lacks great instincts and vision for a tailback.

I also took heat from a few of you guys, for saying that Leonard wasn't the guy who was going to be the "caste buster" for us. Hillis and Gerhart, although not as fast as Leonard are better tailbacks with superior instincts, vision and power too (and their burst and agility are just as good as Leonard and they use it better on the field). Actually Gerhart, I believe, is the most agile of the three aforementioned "powerbacks" and could really do damage to the caste system if he is allowed to do so. Woodhead is a great scatback, if they would just let him carry the ball instead of making him a pure slot WR.
smiley7.gif

I think this could be "the year of the white RB" in FBS football, as last year was "the year of the white WR". I expect some VERY SMALL changes in the NFL at tailback too (due to the loads of exposure and articles about stereotyping on Gerhart), albeit baby steps.Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
TwentyTwo said:
<div>John Goebel-Cincinnati....likely to split carries in a crowded backfield with plenty of competition...his soph. season was promising rushing for 607yards 7 TD's + 26 rec for 283 yards; however nagging injuries last season(jr.year) bumped him down the depth chart. Hopefully he can have a solid injury free Senior season!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>
largechiara.jpg
</div>

I watched Goebel's H.S highlights on Youtube recently and this kid has some series talent. I'm not sure about the new coach, but if he's mostly fair (like Kelly) Pead will probably start the season as the starter based on his great production with fairly limited work last season, but Goebel should see about 1/3 of the carries (Jacob Ramsey type role, but Goebel has more talent than Ramsey) and would likely EARN his way into evenly splitting carries again. Pead actually reminds me some of Sam McGuffie, albeit Pead is a little bit of a poorer version.

Van_Slyke_CF

Mentor
We have some interesting guys to watch this upcoming season, but with 120 D1 teams it's still a tiny number. And the big thing that always concerns me is that it only takes a couple of bad injuries and then we have almost no one to get excited about.

Until there are more D1 teams willing to give white HS stars a shot carrying the football, we're going to continue to have the same problem, with the end result being virtually no white RBs in the NFL, either. Edited by: Van_Slyke_CF

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
NJfan said:
2004,2005 Brian Leonard started for Rutgers at RB before moving to FB for Ray Rice in 2006

Hehe, yeah I know NJ fan. I meant like before him as well. I can't remember any white back playing for them.

TwentyTwo

Master
Leonard's sucess helped open the door for Martinek...wondering why his sucess could not open the door for NJ Gatorade Player of the Year Dillon Romain?? Guess Rutgers doesn't want to get carried away...he has to end up at place called Blair Academy instead?? Just as a talent like Nile Knapp ends up at Lindenwood...

Gotta give props tothe service academies game-breakers! Dee Dowis &amp; Beau Morgan were favorites back in the day!!

Projected starting RB Derek Lawson - Arkansas State
ksrcdchtthqqvvs20091122.jpg

Riddlewire

Master
TwentyTwo said:
Projected starting RB Derek Lawson - Arkansas State

Hate to be negative, but I'd wager heavily that it won't happen. Oh, I'm sure he'll get the first carry of the first game. But Roberts (and new "spread" OC Freeze) will quickly cave to the pressure inside their own minds and go to a three RB platoon like last season. And that would be a best case scenario. My guess is actually that Robertson will be named RB1 and Lawson will split all the backup carries.
A good friend of mine from high school is one of the coaches, but I'm not sure this is the kind of thing I would want to get into a running argument about with him. Especially since the head coach isn't going to listen to outside "suggestions" from fans, anyway.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
610x.jpg

Here's another of our guys who hasn't been mentioned yet! I think Eddie Wide is a junior and will probably start. I think Shakerin is being talked about as likely second string, for next year, right now with Matt Asiata being a senior this year. If Wide tries his luck at the NFL or CFL a year early than maybe Shakerin becomes the starter next year!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Again we are looking at a very depressing 2011 draft for white runningbacks. Chase Reynolds is the only potential white draft pick and even he is a long shot to be drafted.

TwentyTwo

Master
^Shakerin has some good size &amp; speed at 6'2" 225! Hoping he can make an impact!

Chase Reynolds is a Pre-season 1st Team FCS All-American....so is this dude...

Kyle Minnett(sr.)- South Dakota State...will he land in the CFL after being snubbed by the NFL?? Rushed for 1,304yds/16TD's in 09'...1,186yds/11 TD's in 08'
xbison14.jpg

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Rustin Dring is a runningback at D2 Nebraska Kearney and is one of the top prospects in D2 and he's only a junior.

xsmall_Wayne_Dring_Run_6.jpg

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I never was trying to imply that Eddie Wide was white, I know he's not. I was just explaining that Wide is expected to start over Matt Asiata and Sausan Shakerin at this point.

Tyler Gaffney is white! I have looked at good pictures of him. I actually was probably one of the first to notice Tyler Gaffney and Brandon Wegher from WhiteRivals.com and BrownieScout.com, but originally mistook them as mullato from non-close-up pics of them and got beat to starting a H.S thread on them by White Power and Jimmy Chitwood.

Gaffney was somehow ranked a FB on Rivals and not even in the White Rivals 250 after posting the measurables and ridiculous stats he did, including a eye popping 300 yard performance in his California H.S Championship game. Plus (just like Sam McGuffie) his ranking began to drop faster than flies- after originally being in the White rivals 100 as a tailback (so Gaffney's got to be white)!

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
ToughJ.Riggins said:
I never was trying to imply that Eddie Wide was white, I know he's not. I was just explaining that Wide is expected to start over Matt Asiata and Sausan Shakerin at this point.

Tyler Gaffney is white! I have looked at good pictures of him. I actually was probably one of the first to notice Tyler Gaffney and Brandon Wegher from WhiteRivals.com and BrownieScout.com, but originally mistook them as mullato from non-close-up pics of them and got beat to starting a H.S thread on them by White Power and Jimmy Chitwood.

Gaffney was somehow ranked a FB on Rivals and not even in the White Rivals 250 after posting the measurables and ridiculous stats he did, including a eye popping 300 yard performance in his California H.S Championship game. Plus (just like Sam McGuffie) his ranking began to drop faster than flies- after originally being in the White rivals 100 as a tailback (so Gaffney's got to be white)!

I was gonna mention that about Gaffney tough! A black/mullato RB with Tyler's numbers and measurables would've been a 5-star back easily. Instead, he was a FB and not even ranked in the Rivals' 250. That alone pretty much proves he's white.

boing614

We need to remember Matt Kaiserman from Boise State is a good rb prospect. He is currently third on the depth chart but he did have a 110 plus yard game last year.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Jack Lambert said:
ToughJ.Riggins said:

I was gonna mention that about Gaffney tough! A black/mullato RB with Tyler's numbers and measurables would've been a 5-star back easily. Instead, he was a FB and not even ranked in the Rivals' 250. That alone pretty much proves he's white.

I think Sausan Shakerin is the only white tailback on Utah that has a chance to play this year (Asiata is Polynesian?, Wide is mullato) I think the pic I posted up there is of him (it came up when I did a Google image search for Sausan Shakerin).

Plus I forgot to mention: Gaffney's H.S highlights are sick as well. Rating a player is mostly a three pronged argument- production, game tape and measurables (of course there are some other things to consider too like intangibles/ work ethic). Gaffney was a phenom in all three aforementioned categories coming out of H.S. No doubt if black he would have been in the Rivals 250 as a HB, actually probably in the Rivals 100 as a HB!Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

phil3333

well i hope gaffney is white,and i think were are finally seeing more white rb get a chance to play at d1 level,hopefully the trickle will turn into a torrent

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
phil3333 said:
well i hope gaffney is white,and i think were are finally seeing more white rb get a chance to play at d1 level,hopefully the trickle will turn into a torrent
Well, you never know. According to the stormfronters, since I have a miniscule fraction of Native American heritage from way back, I'M not white. In spite of my mother being full German and my father being majority English/Welsh. So I guess if Gaffney doesn't pass the "stormfront test", he might as well be a mulatto. I just told my son that he probably isn't white, so he can now be assured of a D1 scholarship when he graduates from High School!!

boing614

Hey football dad. I like your posts. Stormfonters are idiots. I have no problem with white pride but you shouldint have to hate other people to have that pride. I hope these stormfronters here are not the same KKK idiots who hate Jews yet worship Jesus Christ yet are to stupid to realize Jesus was Jewish. I dont want to stereotype all stormfronters becasue I cant speak for their views when I dont now any of them personally. I hope Im wrong about their possible hypocrisy.

Riddlewire

Master
boing614,

A strong recommendation: Stick exclusively to sports-related posts for your first few weeks here.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
boing614 said:
Hey football dad. I like your posts. Stormfonters are idiots. I have no problem with white pride but you shouldint have to hate other people to have that pride. I hope these stormfronters here are not the same KKK idiots who hate Jews yet worship Jesus Christ yet are to stupid to realize Jesus was Jewish. I dont want to stereotype all stormfronters becasue I cant speak for their views when I dont now any of them personally. I hope Im wrong about their possible hypocrisy.
I have nothing against "stormfronters", many of them are key contributors to this website. I was just making light of the "criteria" that had been posted on another thread as to "who is white". Stormfront often has critical news that would never be found in the corporate media, and the work they do for preservation of white peoples is commendable. As for the Jews/KKK/Christian stuff you mention, I reserve all comments for the Happy Hour section.

Now can we get back to raising our awareness of outstanding white running backs please........