2010 Week 16

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i've lost count of all the dropped passes in this Atlanta-New Orleans game. these professional (supposed) pass catchers routinely drop balls that aren't dropped in neighborhood backyard games between non-athletes who didn't even play on their high school teams. seriously.
yet the ineptitude is so common that the commentators rarely comment on it ... unless a pass is dropped by a White player. then it is a BIG mistake, and they screech like harpees about it for weeks.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
One can see how Pierre Thomas is way faster than Michael Turner..

Drew Brees threw a BAD pass that was run back for a TD. He then had another interception off a batted pass. Brees then led a winning TD drive to beat the Falcons 17-14. He showed the mental toughness a great QB needs.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
One can see how Pierre Thomas is way faster than Michael Turner..
Yeah, no way a back like Jake Sharp could ever compare to these unbelievable, rocket-fast, lightning quick supa affletes, huh?
smiley2.gif

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Pierre Thomas is also decisive compared to wusses like Reggie Bust..

And, concerning Michael Turner, he doesn't really have the ability to "change direction".. if there isn't a huge hole to run through, he's screwed! I've criticized him several times, and he'll likely choke in the playoffs again..

Of course there are White RBs that are more athletic - and have superior instincts - to Turner!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Drew Brees' showed athleticism all night behind his sumo-line.. somebody forgot to tell him that White QBs are "stiff!"

The short, black QB on Central Florida likes Drew Brees and tries to emulate his game.. can't we all get along?
smiley2.gif

snow

Mentor
yes and on the postgame they managed to bring up the athleticism on Brees in the pocket and then turn the conversation to Vick, basically saying "what Brees did was great, but Vick wouldve been off to the races blah blah" Brees can run if he wants to, but he gains more yards by moving around the pocket and finding a receiver downfield. Vick doesn't have the ability to move around the pocket like that. If the Saints wind up playing Philly in the playoffs I would love to see Brees school Vick on how to play qb.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Matt Ryan looked pretty sharp, but there was some suspicious play-calling.. the Falcons' seem to have a tendency to throw downfield when they only need a handfull of yards on 3rd downs.

They need to emulate New England's offense and throw more "short stuff"... Steve Young said that Atlanta could use a Wes Welker or Dallas Clark! He might get a pinkslip now..

foobar75

Master
Bart said:
Toby Hillis said:
Its a complete white out in Green Bay. Whether it be Rodgers, Kuhn, Jordy, AJ Hawk or Clay Mathews, every time I look up, a White athlete is making a huge play or a TD.

Grren Bay, New England and Indianapolis are the teams I enjoy watching.All are fortunate to have superb quarterbacks. It would be better if Collie and Clark were on the field for Indy, but Tamme and Blair have been very productive.

Great to see Brady relying on Gronk, Welker and Danny who have scored loads of TDs. Danny has been outstanding! A diamond in the rough who just needed a chance to shine!

Looks like Manning is getting over the speed bumps and of course Rodgers is so talented it's not funny.

And Tom F. Brady is playing at an unbelievably HIGH level.

So far this year he has tossed 34 TDs and only 4 INTs.

I checked his TD-INT ratio for the last 3 seasons he's played, not including the year he missed because of the knee of course.

He has thrown 112 TDs and ONLY 25 INTs. Absolutely amazing!

Tom Brady should easily win the NFL MVP this year. I find it beyond ludicrous that every sports site I visit seems to have a "Brady vs Vick" debate going on. It's not even close. The media would love for nothing more than to hand Vick the award, but they cannot ignore Brady's stats and NE's record, best in the NFL.

You take Vick out of the line-up, and PHI is still a good team with Kevin Kolb, play-off caliber no doubt. You take Brady out of the NE line-up, and they wouldn't be winning very many games. He's the master who conducts that offense.

My top 5 picks:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Rivers
5. Ryan

Vick would be somewhere in the top 10, but that's about it.

snow

Mentor
Id add Brees to that list, he is very athletic and is constantly having to avoid getting sacked. Most of the guys in your top 5 have mostly good lines and not majority sumos, not taking anything away from them, they are still at the top imo. I just wonder what Brees would be capable of with a line like New England, or better receivers for that matter, he makes scrubs look good. 4 different players have 20 or more catches, the first time in history that has happened.
Edited by: snow

foreverfree

Mentor
Westside said:
I also like those dark blue uniforms of the Rams.

I assume you mean the Rams' 2000 and later kits. I disagree. I prefer the 1973-1999 "Sunoco" unis (although they should've gone to the darker blues a/s/a they left SoCal, not waiting 'til 2000).

John

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Sorry if someone mentioned this earlier but here is something I found on Walterfootball.com. Apparently during Monday Night Countdown the racist Keyshawn Johnson said Vick should be the MVP.

I must have been super drunk and/or high off cat urine a week ago because I heard Keyshawn Johnson say the following on Monday Night Countdown prior to the Vikings-Bears game: "I'm a skeptic of Tom Brady... Michael Vick deserves the right to be MVP."

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
snow said:
... I just wonder what Brees would be capable of with a line like New England, or better receivers for that matter, he makes scrubs look good. 4 different players have 20 or more catches, the first time in history that has happened.

actually, Brees has spread the ball around even more than that. he has thrown 20 or more completions to 10 players going into the final game of the season.

per the Saints website this morning, these are the players with 20 or more catches: Colston (84), Moore (60), Meachem (43), Shockey (41), Henderson (34), Thomas (30), Bush (29), Graham (29), Thomas (29), and Betts (23).that is simply incredible to me.
smiley3.gif

and just remember, it was only a couple of years ago that all the "experts" said Brees would never be a quality quarterback in the NFL. it was only a couple of years before that when all the "experts" said Brees didn't have a strong enough arm to even play in the NFL. it was only a couple of years before that when all the power conference recruiting "experts" said Brees was too short to play for a big time college program.

boy, those "experts" sure know their stuff, huh?
smiley2.gif

now turning to the topicof Michael Turner ... he was a terrific tailback at Northern Illinois, and he put up solid, though not spectacular,numbers for a small back (he's very generously listed at 5-10)at the Combine (4.49 in the 40, 31-inch vertical, 4.15 short shuttle, 22 reps on the bench). "strangely," White backs who put up those kinds of numbers at his size don't even get a Combine invitation ... but that's another topic.Turner was clearly much shiftier and explosive earlier in his career than he is now, because it has become obvious that he's carrying way, way too much weight.

what gets me, though, every time i watch Turner play is that he wasn't even the fastest or most explosive player on his Northern Illinois team. that title went to wide receiver/punt returner Dan Sheldon. one of the most feared punt returners in all of college football and a dynamic wide receiver (23.4 yards-per-catch average as a senior with 9 touchdowns on 40 catches)who was a threat to score every time he touched the ball, Sheldon got little more than a couple of training camp invitations and a practice squad visitin the NFL before being shown the door. at 5-9, he was "too small" you see ...

G

Kuhn is a better power back at least in short yardage situations than Turner. Last nite all I seen of Turner was a blubber butt waddling up to the line stand up and get smashed, but the drunks never ever see that. BTW JK is becoming a fan fav, and McCarthy is protective of him because when he first heard the "Kuuuuuhn" chant he thought it was boos and got upset at the fans. Turner might have a little more lateral shake, but that requires he get into the second level to excercise.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
For his high yardage games, Michael (crack) burner Turner can thank the Falcons mostly White OL & Ryan's opening up the running game via the passing threat.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i liked hearing the announcers repeatedly mention how mean and nasty the right side of Atlanta's offensive line was. Harvey Dahl (right guard) and Tyson Clabo (right tackle), both undrafted coming out of college, are simply dominant. and it appears that they have gotten into the heads of opposing black players by how aggressively and physically they play the game. i recall the announcer at one point saying, "Those are two guys you do not want angry at you."
smiley32.gif

to me, that is awesome! more White athletes need to play with that mean streak, ala Jeremy Shockey and Kyle Turley.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
whiteathlete33 said:
Sorry if someone mentioned this earlier but here is something I found on Walterfootball.com. Apparently during Monday Night Countdown the racist Keyshawn Johnson said Vick should be the MVP.

I must have been super drunk and/or high off cat urine a week ago because I heard Keyshawn Johnson say the following on Monday Night Countdown prior to the Vikings-Bears game: "I'm a skeptic of Tom Brady... Michael Vick deserves the right to be MVP."
Here is the rest of that Walterfootball quote, it's hilarious:
Really, Keyshawn? Brady hasn't done enough to earn your respect as an NFL quarterback?

Luckily, Keyshawn later provided a list of things Brady needs to do to earn his respect:

1. Win five more Super Bowls
2. Win three more MVPs
3. Bang 50 more supermodels
4. Stand up to his wife so he can cut his hair
5. Drown dogs while taking bets on how long they'd last
6. Go to prison for two years
7. Become a minority (Keyshawn said he'll only settle for black or Hispanic)

Matt Cassel has to be somewhere on that top 5 list. It's funny, because the DWFs argument against Tom Brady for MVP is, "even Matt Cassel won 11 games in the Pats system,HAHAHA!" Well, Matt Cassel turned a struggling KC franchise around in a year's time and has one of the best TD/Int ratios in the NFL.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
whiteathlete33 said:
Sorry if someone mentioned this earlier but here is something I found on Walterfootball.com.  Apparently during Monday Night Countdown the racist Keyshawn Johnson said Vick should be the MVP.I must have been super drunk and/or high off cat urine a week ago because I heard Keyshawn Johnson say the following on Monday Night Countdown prior to the Vikings-Bears game: "I'm a skeptic of Tom Brady... Michael Vick deserves the right to be MVP."
 Here is the rest of that Walterfootball quote, it's hilarious:
<div>Really, Keyshawn? Brady hasn't done enough to earn your respect as an NFL quarterback? Luckily, Keyshawn later provided a list of things Brady needs to do to earn his respect: 1. Win five more Super Bowls 2. Win three more MVPs 3. Bang 50 more supermodels 4. Stand up to his wife so he can cut his hair 5. Drown dogs while taking bets on how long they'd last 6. Go to prison for two years 7. Become a minority (Keyshawn said he'll only settle for black or Hispanic) </div>

I also like how Walter Football usually refers to Vick as QB Dog Killer. He usually does in his mock drafts.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
foobar75 said:
My top 5 picks:

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Rivers
5. Ryan

Purely coincidence I'm sure that protecting these elite five QBs are 21 White o-linemen and 4 black ones.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Chad Hall got the start returning kicks for the Eagles. that was a pleasant surprise tonight.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
the Minnesota secondary has dropped 4 potential interceptions that hit the defensive back either in the stomach or in both hands. wow. these "phenomenal" affletes sure aren't very phenomenal ...

northwinds

Mentor
The incomparable Mick Vick using his standard "loaf of bread" running style gets stripped for a Viking TD....as an Atlantan it brought back "great memoires"......LMAO. Hopefully he's handing Brady the MVP tonight....one can only hope.