2010 Week 16

snow

Mentor
Where has Gerhart been? Amazing after he finally adjusts to the pro game and shows hes an above average back his touches drop to 0.
Edited by: snow

snow

Mentor
Wow Chris Collinsworth actually revealed Vick's real 40 yard time, 4.45, all these years people have said he runs a 4.3 and that he was much faster than someone like Crouch, who ran a 4.47. That is the reason dwfs have given for Vick getting a shot to start at qb and not Crouch, the "4.3 speed"

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
snow said:
Where has Gerhart been? Amazing after he finally adjusts to the pro game and shows hes an above average back his touches drop to 0.

"Weird" isn't it?

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
Fitting end to the Eagles-Vikings game, a "QB Dog Killer" pass bounces off of the hands of McCoy, clock runs out, Vikings win.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
And the self-loathing erupts on blackafflete.com! Joe Webb outduels "The Ultimate Weapon!"

He's hobblin' -- and they aren't going to come back with one minute left.. Andy Reid is an IDIOT!

Kaptain

Master
I was asleep most of the game. I woke up about the final 5 minutes to hear Chris Collinsworth and company brag about the outstanding performance of Joe Webb and how the Vikings found their future QB. I thought he must have passed for 300 yards or something. Nope, apparently 195 yards cements someone as a francise QB. The post game included everybody endorsing Leslie Frazier as the next year's undisputed head coach.
smiley55.gif
Edited by: Kaptain

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
white lightning said:
Let's go Vikings! Pull off the upset.

smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

I'm going to treat my family to some pizza and cola tomorrow to celebrate. "Vick is unstoppable?.." Yeah, OK.

foobar75

Master
After tonight's game, any debate (not that there should ever have been one) about this year's MVP should be settled. Brady should win hands down, and Vick does not even belong in the conversation. He had a lousy game with 2 fumbles, 1 INT, and 6 sacks. In fact, in the last 6 games:

6 INTs
9 Fumbles
19 sacks
62.5% completion %
90.4 QB rating

So, basically, he's cooled down considerably, just as we have predicted here at CF. I expect things to go downhill for him, perhaps slowly, next year and beyond before he completely fades away in a few years.

In fact, a closer look at this year shows he's done nothing special, but you wouldn't know that listening to all the media hype and drool. Here are some of this numbers for the year:

18th in total yards
11th in completion %
16th in passing TDs
10th in yds/game

These are pretty average numbers, and although is overall rating is high, that's more a by-product of a few good games early on. Guys like Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Cassel, etc have done it consistently all year long.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Also, Vick will turn 31 next year,still youngfor a White quarterback, but old for a black one. Warren Moon is the only starting black quarterback to consistently play well after hitting his early 30s. The rest, with Donovan McNabb being a great current example, faded quickly, and some, like Daunte Culpepper, didn't even make it to 30.

The same phenomenon happens with black baseball pitchers; the ones who excel while young almost never last long, and black athletes in general don't have thelongevity of White athletes.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I thought Frazier was supposed to get Gerhart significantly more involved in the offense. What a bunch of crap!
Edited by: whiteathlete33

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I watched some ESPN yesterday like "First Take" and they were in mourning..

To the utter and complete shock of the MSM, "no bye for Philly." I thought it was guaranteed?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I miss the Monday night game, but I guess it is just as well that I didn't see it. Toby getting but 1 carry and Chad Hall getting no catches or carries. I'm glad Brent Celek is finally getting some attention in the Philadelphia passing game though.

Westside

Hall of Famer
Toby needs to smell the coffee, see the tea leaves, WTF up. His role in the Vikings scheme will always be a very small bit player role. I am sure he is smarter than to languish in the bowels of the Viking sub role.

He needs to demand a trade at the end of the season and go somewhere else and flourish, instead of being AP replacement when nothing is on the line.

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I feel your frustration, Westside, but the reality is he has no leverage to demand a trade. I can just see the media running with this one, Toby "Haynesworth" Gerhart demands trade!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
FootballDad said:
I feel your frustration, Westside, but the reality is he has no leverage to demand a trade.  I can just see the media running with this one, Toby "Haynesworth" Gerhart demands trade!

Seriously! If Gerhart demanded a trade he would be cut and not picked up by anybody. A white running back in the NFL has to pick his spots and the Vikings are the team that drafted him high and paid big bucks. He has to ride out that pony and wait for Peterson to really get injured which will happen eventually.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
jaxvid said:
FootballDad said:
I feel your frustration, Westside, but the reality is he has no leverage to demand a trade. I can just see the media running with this one, Toby "Haynesworth" Gerhart demands trade!

Seriously! If Gerhart demanded a trade he would be cut and not picked up by anybody. A white running back in the NFL has to pick his spots and the Vikings are the team that drafted him high and paid big bucks. He has to ride out that pony and wait for Peterson to really get injured which will happen eventually.

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, Toby will probably be in Minnesota for a while. I just hope he does get a real shot at PT when Peterson falters by the wayside.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
I think we may be over-exaggerating the Toby Gerhart situation. Sure in certain games he has been grossly underused. Here's a comparison to get some of you guys back from the ledge:

C.J. Spiller the 9th overall pick in the draft has less carries than Toby. CJ has 71 carries for 278 yards for an average of 3.9 ypc. Toby has 78 carries for 310 yards for an average of 4.0 ypc. Their receiving totals are nearly identical as well.

Imagine if CJ was White (impossible, I know cuz a White RB would never get picked that high). We would be screaming bloody murder over his carries. Let's all relax and see how the new coaching staff next year uses Toby before we start calling for trades.

Highlander

Mentor
"I have a dream" that Jim Harbaugh will become head coach of the 49er's, acquire Andrew Luck in the draft and then make a trade for Toby. We can dream, can't we?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for those stats, Freethinker. That helps put things in perspective for me. Still it is hard to wait for opportunities for a White back because they are always so limited. Spillah is way over-rated, imho.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Thanks for those stats, Freethinker. That helps put things in perspective for me. Still it is hard to wait for opportunities for a White back because they are always so limited. Spillah is way over-rated, imho. 
I share your frustration and agree that Spiller was very over-rated. In a fair world Toby would have been picked higher than CJ or at least in the 1st round as well.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Spiller had Reggie Bust written all over him. I will admit he briefly had me fooled with his preseason form. But he just isn't strong enough to be an every down back.